Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
USSBigMOM

Unable to extract updates after updating to 6.3 Gb game

6 comments in this topic

20 posts
11,804 battles

I am playing at win7 @cafes but there aint any World of warships so everytime i want to play i have to download the game. I remember when there was about 6 Gb data, there was nothing happen but after adding 300 more Mb, this laucher's critical error seems to stopping my desire playing wows :((

I tried turning off firewall but i cant, running win7 compatibility + admin, replacing 3 to 2 and everything else google search told me to do but it's all useless. so anyone mind helping me out of this ??????

:child:

20 posts
11,804 battles

1\ I download from wows asia main page.

2\ D. there aint enough space at C

3\ I mean it something likes this one: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8598-unable-to-extract-updates-error/

extracting process always stops at 80% and log file shows that there is a patch file(the biggest one) in Updates folder unable to be extracted.

Edited by rockking101111

Super Tester
1,310 posts

the patch file is corrupted.

WoWs launcher is known to fail the downloading progress if ur connection is not steady (heck even with steady connection sometimes it still fails me). and i never trust the launcher if the patch file is bigger than 100MB.

solution.

download the xxx.patch file using bittorrent/utorrent/etc.

where to get the xxx.torrent file? its right in the update folder

or u might want to check the hash of the file with bittorrent first tough. maybe u dont need to re-download all of them if u are lucky.

Edited by ReNation

20 posts
11,804 battles

I tried. no use

i play at @cafe so the connection is very smooth. this error never happen before (every patch in November and backward is fine). It's just happen when the game's data is up to 6.3 Gb (the last week of November as i remember)

Sign in to follow this