Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

What if we had the correct language voice over per nation?

5 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

Hello Captains! Thanks for opening this thread! :)

So, I've been playing with USN ships for quite awhile now and I've been having a blast... But with Project R currently on, I've been revisiting the old standby (The Kongo)... I played a few matches with her and I noticed something odd with the Audio Notification (Ship on Fire, Flooding, Guns damaged, etc.)... I should assume that would be the X-O... Spoke very fluent English on a Japanese Ship which kinda felt humorously Out-of-place... :teethhappy:

Is there a mod around where I can switch over to the correct language of the X-O?? I mean IJN X-Os should speak in Japanese, and other nation's officers should speak their own respective language or at least have an accent... I really don't care if I don't understand them since I just look at the icons below indicating which problem I am having...

So far I'm only finding KanColle voice packs which isn't my thing... I just want to further enhance the immersive aspect of this game...

Thank you very much for the read! and Happy Hunting! :honoring:

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

The Japanese client of the game has Japanese voiceovers. You could try copying out the sound files from the Japanese locale game, installing the English version of the game, and copying over the Japanese voice files?

You can switch language locales using the WoWS game launcher; changing the language in the drop-down menu installs a different language locale. Each language pack is something like 30-40MB. The voice audio files can be found in the "World_of_Warships\res\audio\English(US)" directory; there should be a total of 3 different files, each ending with the *.bnk file extension.

fbfGqha.jpg

g7OnBVL.jpg

Note that the Asia server client does not have a Russian language option; the Russian server client has Russian voices for in-game audio as well. The problem is, unless you can somehow find the audio files on their own, you'll have to download the entire RU client if you want those Russian voices, and that will be a few GBs in total.

Currently the game does not support different voiceovers for different ships, though there's always the possibility that we might see something like this in the future, similar to WoT. Unfortunately, this means that as of present you will not be able to have Japanese voices for Japanese ships only, since any changes you make to the game's audio files will affect all ships, regardless of nation/tech tree.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
2,725 posts

If you want something like WoT's national voice crew, guess noted on that.

Guess how long did WoT waited for that also? Since 2011 until 2014's national tank crew voice implementation :teethhappy:

Edited by Mingfang47

580 posts
1,587 battles

The Japanese client of the game has Japanese voiceovers. You could try copying out the sound files from the Japanese locale game, installing the English version of the game, and copying over the Japanese voice files?

You can switch language locales using the WoWS game launcher; changing the language in the drop-down menu installs a different language locale. Each language pack is something like 30-40MB. The voice audio files can be found in the "World_of_Warships\res\audio\English(US)" directory; there should be a total of 3 different files, each ending with the *.bnk file extension.

fbfGqha.jpg

g7OnBVL.jpg

Note that the Asia server client does not have a Russian language option; the Russian server client has Russian voices for in-game audio as well. The problem is, unless you can somehow find the audio files on their own, you'll have to download the entire RU client if you want those Russian voices, and that will be a few GBs in total.

Currently the game does not support different voiceovers for different ships, though there's always the possibility that we might see something like this in the future, similar to WoT.

Your suggestion and swift feedback is greatly appreciated but wouldn't it sound even more hilarious that my Soviet ships to speak in Japanese if I did this?... I'm not a WoT player but reading your input about this being in WoT might be a good sign in the future... Thanks Chief! :honoring:

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Correction, as of 0.5.1 the English voicovers are located in 'High/en' subfolder (for High quality audio setting) and 'Low/en' subfolder (for Low quality audio setting) respectively..

To change the English VO to Japanese VO without messing with the original file create new folders on the res_mods folder.. The folder tree should look like this:

World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.5.1.3\audio\High\en

Then download the Japanese VO files i've uploaded (as of 0.5.1.3 client and High quality audio only) here and copy all three .bnk files into the 'en' folder

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this