Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kenn_Ethic

[Severe] Client Desynchronization in Battle

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
215 posts
164 battles

Issue:   Client Desynchronization in Battle

Screenshots:

One minute into this battle I experienced a sudden increase of latency up to 4000ms (without the lag indicator) then goes down back to normal to 130ms average.

A lapse of screenshots of me firing my torpedoes and they would spawn ahead of my ship. Note the speed of my ship indicates that I was moving forward.3584a41.jpg

25sokzn.jpg

2ynm1w4.jpg

t0lv83.jpg

Lapse of screenshots of shells hitting my ship, notice where the shells are directed and detonated which is ahead of my displayed ship's position, indicating the real position of my ship of this battle.

o07wy8.jpg

9llbo3.jpg

Results of that battle

2i1hyf7.jpg

This battle was unplayable because I cannot control my ship, I couldn't get any score because my shots would appear hits on the enemies but they wont register as hits.

Ship: Farragut
Map: It happened to me in New Dawn (Last week), Hot Spot (last night), Ocean (last night, 1 battle after the Hot Spot battle)
Occurrences: Already occurred 3 times, not in every battle, but are recent.
Tested: Not yet
Severity: Very severe, My client was very desynchronized that everything showing on my screen was already (5-10) seconds old.

Details: My ping would show a low average number (130ms) which was my usual normal latency, but the controls felt like I was lagging (no freezing/jittering effect) and everything I do (like turning and accelerating, firing, etc) were delayed for 5- or more seconds (as if I was in 400ms- more), and the shells and torpedoes directed at me would detonate off my ship. It was really unplayable, that my shots would not registered as hits. My shells deviations are not noticeable, but my torpedoes would spawn elsewhere and deviate from my aim.

The theory of its cause: The desynchronization would occur after I experienced a sudden increase of latency (ping: 500-4000m) without the (red light) lag indicator, then goes back to normal (130ms average.) After that everything would feel as if I was still lagging from the recent increase of latency and everything I did were delayed for 5- or more seconds and everything on my screen would be delayed for the rest of the battle regardless of what the ping indicated.

Edited by Kenn_Ethic

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,665 battles

yep common issue that they seem to not care about from my reading.  I get it way too often myself.  no fix i'm afraid.  I was going to buy dubloons for this game, but due to this i'll likely give up on the game soon.

I've also done testing, net is totally fine, no other users, but only this game will play up.   Its terrible netcode  and unlikely to get better. 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Sadly I can confirm that WG lives up to their usual reputation when it comes to customer treatment by not giving a **** about this issue.

Have a look at my thread HERE.

In it you will learn:

- this was first raised in the bugs section on 7th June. Yes, that's correct, 6 MONTHS AGO.

- the first report was deleted when they deleted all the beta threads.

- it was posted AGAIN.

- I've exchanged a LOT of info with WG staff. They claim to have had discussions with WG devs. I have no evidence to support that they have, and either they're lying or the WG devs ignore them just as they ignore us.

Note this has ALSO been posted in Europe for months.

The cause is perfectly clear. The devs, however, clearly have no intention of explaining it and truly don't give one ****.

So if the game is unplayable I recommend you accept you probably won't get it back to where it once was UNLESS you're lucky and it's a temporary glitch.

For my friend it's been broken since June 5th, and HE PAID them. Do they care? Nope. But that's what we expect from WG; pretty graphics and attempts to get you to spend money but utterly astoundingly inept and useless support. They really don't care UNLESS and UNTIL it affects enough people that even WG can't miss it.

Sad but true.

Cheers

Beta Tester
215 posts
164 battles

It doesn't happen a lot when I play. I usually play 5-15 battles in a gaming session with rarely any problems. this bug would occur rarely and more likely at night.

Edited by Kenn_Ethic

Beta Tester
17 posts

I just had the same kind of problem just 5 mins ago... was driving the Cleveland and my ping went up from 30-40 ms to 150-200+ ms everything that I shoot misses from 8km to 2km ranges, my barrages went right through the ship at close range of 3km & didn't hit it...

Beta Tester
17 posts

I just had the same kind of problem just 5 mins ago... was driving the Cleveland and my ping went up from 30-40 ms to 150-200+ ms everything that I shoot misses from 8km to 2km ranges, my barrages went right through the ship at close range of 3km & didn't hit it...

Edit:-

Sry for the double post, it didn't came out the first time, waited like 5 mins then I decided to send it again & oops... moderator pls delete away the second post, tyvm.

Edited by BaPTisM_oF_FirE

Sign in to follow this