You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
higenootoko

HMS Warspite : Is it worth it?

HMS Warspite. Worth it or not?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is the HMS Warspite worth it?

• Yep. Get it man.. GET IT!
    • Nope. Nope. Nope. Ain't worth sh*t!
    • Meh. Wait for the Royal Navy tree.

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

Hi guys, since the warspite is back in the shop, I would like to enquire is it really worth it. At the price of RM 170 +/-, its much more than Just Cause 3 a triple A game tittle. Yes it does come in bundles and what not, but is it worth it?  Based on the video below, im having doubts about this BB. While  some such as Jingles and iChase giving it a good review, I want to know what you guys think of it. This is due to changes were done and all of the videos of warspite reviews out there are quite dated. So is it worth it? or maybe just wait for the Royal Navy line? (when is it anyways?) Thank you in advance :honoring:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not much change to the Warspite, tbh. It's a pretty good BB. Lower number of guns, but they're accurate and hit pretty hard. Acceptable AA. Incredibly resilient. Turns well. Major downside is the glacial turret traverse. If you enjoy battleships, you'll enjoy Warspite. If you're not fond of battleships, steer clear of it.

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

Not much change to the Warspite, tbh. It's a pretty good BB. Lower number of guns, but they're accurate and hit pretty hard. Acceptable AA. Incredibly resilient. Turns well. Major downside is the glacial turret traverse. If you enjoy battleships, you'll enjoy Warspite. If you're not fond of battleships, steer clear of it.

well, I am comfortanle with Japanese BB. i wonder is there any hint the Royal Navy tree coming out? And what about the credit potential, since I am just an average joe (not tomato, not unicum)

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

well, I am comfortanle with Japanese BB. i wonder is there any hint the Royal Navy tree coming out? And what about the credit potential, since I am just an average joe (not tomato, not unicum)

HMS Warspite is favourite BB to play. As Syanda mentioned one of its biggest downsides and one which alot of people complain about is the 72sec turret traverse time which only the Yamato at Tier X has. You can kinda compensate for this by turning your ship to help get your guns on target and getting the "Expert Marksmen" Captain skill which takes the traverse time down to 56.3 seconds which is on par with Hull C Fuso(If the Fuso didnt have the "Expert Marksmen" skill as well)

Earning wise you'll be averaging around 150k-190k on a alright game (without premium).

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

HMS Warspite is favourite BB to play. As Syanda mentioned one of its biggest downsides and one which alot of people complain about is the 72sec turret traverse time which only the Yamato at Tier X has. You can kinda compensate for this by turning your ship to help get your guns on target and getting the "Expert Marksmen" Captain skill which takes the traverse time down to 56.3 seconds which is on par with Hull C Fuso(If the Fuso didnt have the "Expert Marksmen" skill as well)

Earning wise you'll be averaging around 150k-190k on a alright game (without premium).

very much noted. I take it additon of equipments make it better huh? Any suggestions?

[PEEDZ]
20 posts
5,732 battles

I've got-

Main Battery Mod, Gun Fire Mod, Damage Control & Steering Mod

had faster turret but swapped it for the accuracy.

I like the Spite (also love the NW & Colorado which is why I bought the Spite), wish MM loved it aswell, but the games it gave me on the weekend weren't the best :(

my stats for it fwiw-

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

very much noted. I take it additon of equipments make it better huh? Any suggestions?

1st slot: Main Battery Mod1 (prettymuch what you'll always get on any BB)

2nd slot: Get Accuracy mod. Steer clear of the AA range mod.

- The reason for that is because the main bulk of Warspite's AA come from the Bofos but they are located right at upper middle part of superstructure that'll always get hit by enemy HE shells everymatch (thus those AA guns will always get knocked out quick). Beside, tier6 CV aren't as dangerous since the patch WG removed 3rd TB squad from mid tier IJN CV.

3rd slot: your choice, I don't think any of them provide any sort of significant buff over another, though I prefer Steering Gear mod because as BB it's more crucial because the way their armor works. 

- If your engine gets knocked out, you can atleast steer your ship pointed at enemy so that they can't pen your citadel. Plus you can still fire some of your guns at them.

- If you lost your steering gear, well you can't point your gun at enemy (due to that 72 sec turret rotation time) and eventually you'll show them your broadside and take massive citadel damage. 

- Fire and Flooding prevention stats from Damage Control Mod1 is close to nothing.

4th slot: This one is purely your choice, get either Damage Control or Steering depending on which is your bigger threat.

- If u are afraid of fire more than torpedoes, then get Damage Control.

- If you are afraid of ship/aircraft torpedoes more than HE fires, then get Steering.

- Don't bother with Propulsion upgrade, Battleships need either of 2 equipments above more than extra acceleration.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

I've got-

Main Battery Mod, Gun Fire Mod, Damage Control & Steering Mod

had faster turret but swapped it for the accuracy.

I like the Spite (also love the NW & Colorado which is why I bought the Spite), wish MM loved it aswell, but the games it gave me on the weekend weren't the best :(

my stats for it fwiw-

so how much credit and experience do you average on a defeat?

1st slot: Main Battery Mod1 (prettymuch what you'll always get on any BB)

2nd slot: Get Accuracy mod. Steer clear of the AA range mod.

- The reason for that is because the main bulk of Warspite's AA come from the Bofos but they are located right at upper middle part of superstructure that'll always get hit by enemy HE shells everymatch (thus those AA guns will always get knocked out quick). Beside, tier6 CV aren't as dangerous since the patch WG removed 3rd TB squad from mid tier IJN CV.

3rd slot: your choice, I don't think any of them provide any sort of significant buff over another, though I prefer Steering Gear mod because as BB it's more crucial because the way their armor works. 

- If your engine gets knocked out, you can atleast steer your ship pointed at enemy so that they can't pen your citadel. Plus you can still fire some of your guns at them.

- If you lost your steering gear, well you can't point your gun at enemy (due to that 72 sec turret rotation time) and eventually you'll show them your broadside and take massive citadel damage. 

- Fire and Flooding prevention stats from Damage Control Mod1 is close to nothing.

4th slot: This one is purely your choice, get either Damage Control or Steering depending on which is your bigger threat.

- If u are afraid of fire more than torpedoes, then get Damage Control.

- If you are afraid of ship/aircraft torpedoes more than HE fires, then get Steering.

- Don't bother with Propulsion upgrade, Battleships need either of 2 equipments above more than extra acceleration.

thank you so much, i think i will go with your suggestions once i've acquired it.

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

It's a brilliant BB once you master its strengths and weaknesses.

It's definitely my favourite ship to play.

Strength is armour and rudder shift time? weakness is turret rotation?

You tell me lol, the most accurate BB in the entire game

wow... is that with premium or without premium acc? so i take a lose is about 150 k huh?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

wow... is that with premium or without premium acc? so i take a lose is about 150 k huh?

Strengths are good turning circle and rudder shift time, Gun accuracy/punch and decent AA capability.

Weaknesses are definitely turret rotation and gun range and general speed.

A loss will not be 150k ever.

Alpha Tester
54 posts
1,479 battles

That's without prem. How much you earn depends on your in-game performance. She's not a good money earner if you're just gonna sit there doing nothing the entire game or suicide into the enemy team.
Edited by newnar

575 posts
5,354 battles

My only compliant with the Warspite is it's 5 second timer on the repair party for fires and flooding. Compared to the other BBs, especially the premium BBs, this is woefully short. They really need to buff the timer to match the other premium BBs. 

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

That's without prem. How much you earn depends on your in-game performance. She's not a good money earner if you're just gonna sit there doing nothing the entire game or suicide into the enemy team.

Strengths are good turning circle and rudder shift time, Gun accuracy/punch and decent AA capability.

Weaknesses are definitely turret rotation and gun range and general speed.

A loss will not be 150k ever.

very much noted. now im happy to get this baby =)

334 posts
13,009 battles

Turret rotation is going to drive you nuts it's good at dodging Torpedo's but while you are doing that every enemy ship is targeting you and then you have to wait for the turrets to catch up to hit back.

14 posts
5,895 battles

Warspite. Her old but reliable Mark I 15" are perfect in dispersion and penetration. All i want for my old lady is a firing range upgrade or some matching protection since i find the server has a persistent intention of sending my Warspite into a Tier 8 game...... then i have literally nothing to do with my 16.3km range.

Edited by cools0812

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

Warspite. Her old but reliable Mark I 15" are perfect in dispersion and penetration. All i want for my old lady is a firing range upgrade or some matching protection since i find the server has a persistent intention of sending my Warspite into a Tier 8 game...... then i have literally nothing to do with my 16.3km range.

what about upgrades? they can improve the range right?

Beta Tester
14 posts
2,155 battles

Nope no range upgrades, unless you use your scout plane. 

yeah you are right. sure hope it gets a little bit  of range buff when the tree comes out..

91 posts
7,169 battles

well, I bought the ship long time a go but just play it frequently recently since I have more experience in playing BB. The range is bad for a BB but the shell dispersion is sweet, slow turret traverse is frustrating but you can improve it a lot with captain skill, which makes it only over 50s to rotate 180 degree. Besides that its AA is decent and the rudder ship time as well as turning circle are very good so dodging torps from planes and destroyers is pretty easy.