Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaeMOzL3232

if not able to destroy torpedoes then solution

17 comments in this topic

9 posts
202 battles

more time to plan ship maneuver and view better torpedoes course way better than it is now, it can go in effect with player setting the range of distance of torpedoes when feature should activate and also like with totally on/off switch  

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

when torpedo near ship freeze frame(slow movement) turns on automatically depending on type of ship being used 

You do realise that this freeze frame would affect everyone else in the match even if they are no where near a torpedo right? 

Last thing I want is for this game to turn into a PowerPoint presentation.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

So you are saying you want the game to last 2hr per match? Cause if the torpedo is near you, and you "slow down", everyone else will have to slowdown to match your speed.

9 posts
202 battles

what i mean is not to make the game play or match slow . 
Game has that torpedoes fire projection function while ship is traveling. So why not for the ship some thing like that incoming torpedoes projection. So to not make it way to easy vary(restrict) the available range of the function ship to ship and not available for torpedoes that are incoming way far from the ship. 
Just create little time to react to see if a way is around the torpedoes or not. 

Edited by TaeMOzL3232

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

As a seasoned DD captain, I can tell you it is already very easy to dodge torpedoes unless they are drop at near point blank range, or players who are tunnel-visioned on another target.

Play a DD and see how easy your long range torpedoes are being dodged.

9 posts
202 battles

The thing is if 2 or more ship fire at medium range or close range, torpedoes traveling both sides of the ship, to help maneuver better and see where the torpedo is traveling to make better choice.  include friendly and enemy torpedoes. 

Bad about the freeze frame(a delay of a  second then normal) is a person will lose to see a second to see the ship then normal using a key to press. game can keep all normal footage. ship controller will choose whether to choose the function or stay normal, just like the middle mouse button now, a person follows the gun shot and leaves the ship camera.  Don't know about what will affect bumping into other ships or other objects in that second.

Super Tester
58 posts
887 battles

Let me try explaining:

Implementing 'Freezing' time into an online game of this genre is impossible, have you ever seen any First Person Shooter with Slow Motion in online session? Of course you haven't. That's because when someone is 'freezing', everybody else in the game is freezing too and while it help you (since you're the one who's being attacked), it's annoying when your friends are in Slow Mo and you have to wait for them finishing their input. A normal 20 minutes game would be dragged for like 1 hr.

Next, two or more ships attacking you from both sides - it can't be helped, if you're in a large ship, you are most likely doomed, you can't have a big ship with large HP pool while having swift movement that allows you to dodge all torpedoes; you are built to take damage, whether you want it or not. And if you got into such situation, it might be because your team were careless, or your enemies were good tacticians, or you just had bad luck. WoWs has some tactical element aside from action; the bigger your ship the slower it maneuver, the smaller it is the lower its health bar. Players are encouraged to take advantage of this weaknesses and incorporate it into their action.

If you don't like taking damage, I suggest you change the way you cruise, perhaps something is wrong in the way you move; are you always moving forward without changing your course? Are you always in full speed? Then you have to change this behaviour. Or if you can't deal with your ship's sluggishness, perhaps you need to change your ship type and learn their different kind of playstyle.

Edited by Blackrag

9 posts
202 battles

i guess then only thing is to get the ships available weapons to fire toward the incoming torpedoes and get may be chance to explode them. May be all together fire or one by one fire. if ships like battleships start to fire all guns precise there is no chance for the other even fast moving ships to get away after at close combat and far combat other ships are no good than to use gun weapons with only little damage. Or like mines that can be thrown at exact place of torpedoes way path. Game need some kind of weapons assist to destroy torpedoes. I know torpedoes are like main damage weapons in sea. It like more damage weapon more chance for the side to win fast. My suggestion is game need more site on torpedoes view(camera angle for zoom out/in better) and a way to destroy a torpedo(not all torpedoes just one or two may be). I am playing at low level hope that higher level may be different. 

Also with drop mines it will make a ship to reach carrier with little difficulty than without the mines in there way. Wars(matches) are damage or occupation so mines and destroying torpedoes will only help the game play. My idea anything dropped by ship in sea need to be able to destroy. 

Edited by TaeMOzL3232

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Higher level play will not be any different for you unless you learn how to evade torpedoes on your own - at current, average torpedo hit rates are something like 10-15%, 20 is considered great.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

when torpedo near ship freeze frame(slow movement) turns on automatically depending on type of ship being used 

How are you going to implement this in real-time? This isn't a singleplayer game, time moves forward for all players in the same speed. Furthermore, even if time did slow down, your ship's turning speed doesn't change.

i guess then only thing is to get the ships available weapons to fire toward the incoming torpedoes and get may be chance to explode them.

It's already difficult for a battleship to accurately hit a fast-moving destroyer, and a torpedo is a much smaller target. Even if this were implemented (and there are various other reasons why it shouldn't), what are your chances of hitting a torpedo with artillery fire, and to what degree will players actually benefit from this? If you think about it, it'll be a one-in-a-thousand occurrence, even with unrealistic world mechanics/physics.
Edited by benlisquare

9 posts
202 battles

Add a button to controls of game to see camera from the incoming friendly torpedoes point of view.  Need the ships weapons to target a torpedo and destroy it and able to drop mines and destroy them also. other wise if more ships go after one or two,those ships have no chance. Also i saw in game i think battleship fired all gun at me and destroyed it completely. Don't remember it was destroyer or cruiser. It no fun in game to get destroyed by any ship so easily 

Edited by TaeMOzL3232

280 posts
3,514 battles

i dont shoot torpedoes.. i move myself towards it and dodge like a pro

still bbs have big and chunky wide hulls so it still gonna blow a hole in your hull

also slowing your speed when you spot torpedoes might help you ..

but not a good option tho

Sign in to follow this