Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_HardHitter_

Best tier to earn credits with low repairing cost, tier 5 or 6?

53 comments in this topic

58 posts
3,607 battles

I am now on tier 6 and i feel like repair cost of tier 6 is sometimes equal than the credits i earn so i am poor now :(

never had money problem till tier 5 but tier 6 is the place where i am really struggling to earn money (I perform good, in most matches i get around 100k-150k but i dont have premium account or ships).

I don't like tier 5 ships as i have all tier 6 ships such as Fuso, New Mexico, Cleveland and Nurnberg and i like them all, i decided to keep them all as money makers.

So i am asking guys which tier is best for making money because higher tiers are pain to earn money?

Thank you bros and sorry for my bad english :)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Either. The trick to earning credits is to find a tier <7 ship that you're comfortable with playing and good at. This may be anything from Umikaze to Cleveland. The credits roll in as long as you play well, so find any ship you play well in and use that for credit grinding.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Isokaze, Minekaze, played well, can get you a ton of credits.

Minekaze seccond best dd of Japan after Shimakaze ??? - Tier 5

Shimakaze is pretty meh in wows, cause her long reload time and easily detectable torps and higher detection range means in a Tier X game, even a umikaze would outperform Shimakaze easily.

406 posts
6,287 battles

Warspite is a good BB at tier 6.

Not sure if it is still available now though.

I have the Warspite - however the Accuracy module doesn't seem to increase the Accuracy and the ship appears to be made of Firewood and kindling that has been soaked in Petrol.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

It does catch fire pretty easily I'll give you that.

But those guns!

They are one of the most accurate in the game. The accuracy module does make a little difference, but the dispersion is good and I find when I play it, the salvo's stay together well. I have hit more citadels in this ship than any other ship I own.

It's a brilliant ship once you master both it's strengths and weaknesses.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Isokaze, Minekaze, played well, can get you a ton of credits.

Shimakaze is pretty meh in wows, cause her long reload time and easily detectable torps and higher detection range means in a Tier X game, even a umikaze would outperform Shimakaze easily.

Pretty sure there was a post about this recently where an Umikaze was in a div with tier 10s and got top XP... Dat stealth + machine gun torps!!!

Wonder how low it's spotted range could get? 5.3? 5.2km? with perks/kit

Aoba has only 6 guns, and that RoF.....nope not for me

She's not worst at tier, but mediocre... Very situational, need to maximise on agility, range and 2x2 forward facing guns...

Only time I've found her to be great is in wolfpacks... Otherwise I play my Mutsuki and stealth + 10km ambush torps...

I am now on tier 6 and i feel like repair cost of tier 6 is sometimes equal than the credits i earn so i am poor now :(

never had money problem till tier 5 but tier 6 is the place where i am really struggling to earn money (I perform good, in most matches i get around 100k-150k but i dont have premium account or ships).

I don't like tier 5 ships as i have all tier 6 ships such as Fuso, New Mexico, Cleveland and Nurnberg and i like them all, i decided to keep them all as money makers.

So i am asking guys which tier is best for making money because higher tiers are pain to earn money?

Thank you bros and sorry for my bad english :)

Credit earnings are still good upto and including Tier 7... The trick is finding a ship you aren't failing with and to make sure your tier 6s are upgraded.

My biggest suggestion would be IJN DDs... Cheap repair cost and are still good upto and including tier 6. You need to know how to play them though. The trick is turning off AA, staying invisible and torping...

(IJN DD Tier 6 Mutsuki has a spotted range of 6.2km for ships and about 3km for aircraft, use that + 10km torps and see how you go...)

406 posts
6,287 battles

It does catch fire pretty easily I'll give you that.

But those guns!

They are one of the most accurate in the game. The accuracy module does make a little difference, but the dispersion is good and I find when I play it, the salvo's stay together well. I have hit more citadels in this ship than any other ship I own.

It's a brilliant ship once you master both it's strengths and weaknesses.

My problem is that I play a very aggressive BB style - get up close to land the Monster citadel hits, but in the Warspite, every HE shell sets me alight.

1,126 posts

as for me, Fuso is my goddess both playing and money grinding.

decent armor/HP and her 12 gun with 21 km range, made she one of the best mid-tier BB.

most of all, she don't need to be afraid of DD, 12 HE sequential fire form fuso can easily kill any DD dare enough to come close.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Am quite broke currently after decking out my Hipper and have returned to playing my Tier V Minekaze. In a good game (with good/cooperative team mates), I could make some decent money with it.

I suppose both Tier 5 and 6 ships could be decent money makers. Keep them and see which suit you best.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,336 battles

have a look  at the ijn ishizuchi tier 4 premium battleship  ... i m pushing up the us bb line so far im upto the north caroliner which can cost 50-100k a battle and getting close to the final upgrade which will  cost  4million. i got a lot of tiers 1-5 battleships and cruisers plus  i brought warspite and atlanta to help fund my higher tier battleship and they all make credits but the best ship in my fleet that make the most credits is the tier 4 arkansas beta it was a gift from the gods (wg) and playing on a  standard account

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
21 posts
6,512 battles

Premium ships always the best whether you play well or not ,I have a murmansk ,with Premium account and flags ,once I earnd 10million credit a day .

Sign in to follow this