Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Myoko v Mogami - is there something wrong with me?

9 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Sooooo I'm playing with my Myoko instead of my Mogami in RB...

Mogami and I just don't gel, yet I find the Myoko amazing...

Is there something wrong with me?

I hear all of these amazing stories about the Mogami but for me it plays horribly and the Myoko is just worlds ahead... Which makes no sense on paper...
Add to that the horrible non-premium cred losses that start happening at Tier 8 and I just try and do my Mogami daily and then play other ships...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well is the same as you say in another thread "It definitely comes down to personal preference" 

I also cannot play the Cleveland as good as everyone saying, and i prefer Kiev over the Tashkent in Ranked Battle, also keep my North Carolina instead of Iowa.

Because this is my preference and love those ships and perform well in it :D:D:D    

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

Mogami was amazing until the last update, this is due inpart to the change in turret rotation speed captains perk, HE effectiveness.

Since 5.1 what made the Mogami HE spamming so great has decreased dramatically. Mogami's biggest assets are speed/ rudder shift, AA increase and turret rotation.

However you pay by having a huge citadel. While you now fire 2*4 torps, this thing is better at holding corridors or straights between islands, in the open water shes no good.

The Myko feels slightly over powered in same tier matches now and thats down to twin linked 203mm guns in 5 turrets.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Not just you, Myoko is great and had better tiering compared to Mogami..
It has smaller profile too, less prone to heavy damage or citadel.. I find it to be more survivable than Mogami (same thing with Atago and its OP repair party)
One downside that it has is its turret placement, Mogami can fire 3 turrets without showing significant broadside compared to Myoko's 2

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Not just you, Myoko is great and had better tiering compared to Mogami..
It has smaller profile too, less prone to heavy damage or citadel.. I find it to be more survivable than Mogami (same thing with Atago and its OP repair party)
One downside that it has is its turret placement, Mogami can fire 3 turrets without showing significant broadside compared to Myoko's 2

Agreed, but its that length and profile really that does it, I just had a game in my Myoko in land of fire, where this enemy Mogami kept going in a straight line an no matter what, broadside as well. The fool allowed me to land 3 citadel hits in a row before he moved out of range lol 

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Mogami was amazing until the last update, this is due inpart to the change in turret rotation speed captains perk, HE effectiveness.

Since 5.1 what made the Mogami HE spamming so great has decreased dramatically. Mogami's biggest assets are speed/ rudder shift, AA increase and turret rotation.

However you pay by having a huge citadel. While you now fire 2*4 torps, this thing is better at holding corridors or straights between islands, in the open water shes no good.

The Myko feels slightly over powered in same tier matches now and thats down to twin linked 203mm guns in 5 turrets.

That's the thing, thinking I should get HE spam skill for Mogami I got the flamenwerfer level 4 skill...

Might have to reskill and get the range - thinking about it, that'd probably fix my issues...

Still that Citadel... ... :child:

Also you would think that the ships should be comparative tier-for-tier without Captain skills and with Captain skills...

Edited by S4pp3R

683 posts
7,358 battles

struggling with Mogami too. 155mm cannons don't seem to do damage at tier 8 cruisers, not to mention higher tiers.. had to rush through credits and XP to get the range upgraded or else mogami is at very disadvantaged postition.

I know Aoba, Myoko, Mogami, and Ibuki use the same 203mm cannon.. But why the ROF of Mogami is slower than Myoko? T_T

ps: my maiden sail for mogami was in Ocean map. with a gun range of 13.7km, I was literally unable to do anything except firing at enemy DD which came too close

Sign in to follow this