Sign in to follow this  
Alternate_Rouge

Karlsruhe - Does it make you want to punch kittens?

17 comments in this topic

61 posts
1,022 battles

I have heard alot from this cruiser and its not really good... i heard it has replaced furutaka from the worst cruiser of all time(I am grinding to furutaka and i swear it doesnt suck, good damage albeit BB class reloading times. you need good aim for it to work properly)

so what are your thoughts of karlsruhe?

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

The Karlsruhe is an upgrade from the Kolberg, but that really is not saying much. Best thing about the Karlsruhe is when you sell it and get the Konigsberg.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

Like everyone else I too hated this ship, but with over 30k average damage per battle (average being 13.2k) in her maybe I could give some advice on how to get throw her to the Konigsberg.

Best thing I found was love those islands, they are your friend and help you get close enough to the enemy (damn those short range guns). You just have to go hard at the enemy, you will most likely die, but at close range you can dish it out too, so get in close. :izmena:

621 posts
2,291 battles

Free exp'ed it when at about 5k exp. Terrible ship. It's outclassed by Phoenix and Kuma in just about every way but concealment.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

i have played furutaka n karlsruhe...prefer karlsuck than furu..just sayin'

Profanity.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by lowkeynation

4 posts
3,063 battles

the karlsruhe (no capital because it does not deserve the honour of one) is not just awful its Godawful the other Cruisers at tier 4 out class it in every way except maybe concealment but the difference there small to the point of non existence i am grinding it right now. i wouldn't say im a good player but i do get a few kills, with the karlsuck kills are few and far between even when i resort to poaching them

the ship sails like its sitting on a reef it hits like a bb gun and has worse armor than a tin can and worst of all its just not fun

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,557 battles

The Karl is suckier even than the tier 2 chester - it's an embarrassment - still slightly better than the furutaka, at least the K can be effective in low tier matches and vrs DD's - the F---taka is useless full stop

280 posts
3,514 battles

hey that's not true !!!  i have karlsruhe but not much a sucka tho. its speed is carrier like ... and the rudder shift is so annyoing but the firepower might be.. umm you you know?     but i managed to get more xp than previous so i got the konigs fast!

Karlsruhe isnt a weak ship cuz ..

If you use it right you will kill someone

Remember - Tactics and Practice makes Perfect!!

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

590 posts
2,995 battles

I actually had a good match with mine last night -

5 torp hits, 

3 kills, 

59 hits via the gun, 

That is literally the first time since getting this ship that I've performed anything worthwhile. Lets simply say it's only function in this world is to be an artificial reef

55 posts
1,095 battles

Well I found it cool It turns fast is manovarable And guns aint to bad I breezed thru it to the next one Yes that is way way better But hey I have liked em all so far in this line

Sign in to follow this