Alternate_Rouge

BBs are weak? shell dispersion and ability to project damage doesnt deserve the Battleship line

21 comments in this topic

61 posts
1,022 battles

I've been playing BBs for 2 days but... its seems hellish for me... dispersion is worst... shell travel time is slightly improved from cruisers.. American BBs are super sluggish, IJN BBs are inaccurate glass cannons because of huge shell dispersion.. when you have the target right in the ranging but all the shells will go both starboard and port and will not hit the damn super structure at least.... if it hits it wont do any damage at all!? WTF is happening!

i have a (Edited) range of 18.5 kilometers, i cant project the power of my main batteries due to dispersion alone... i hit people at 17kms and it wont do damage or the shells will just circle around...

nerfed carriers, neuted battleships...  Cruisers that burns anything and DDs that you can only see in 7kms... wtf is this game that i played?

What could possibly go more wrong?

Profanity, Post Edited, User Warned. (Note: do not try to by pass the censoring by missing or replacing a few letters)

~lengxv6

shot-15.11.28_21.44.49-0594.jpg

Edited by lengxv6

580 posts
1,587 battles

I know how you feel... perfection takes time... We're both new you and I, and I have my frustrations too but give it a little more time and you'll find your groove... The Miyogi is a good ship, she ain't perfect but you can learn A TON from her.. read some guides in the newcomers area and look for youtube videos about enhancing your current skills... I won't guarantee your skills will improve in an instant but you'll be more enlightened about what went wrong and learn more efficiently from your mistakes... By that time you'll reach Kongo and you'll love her to bits...

61 posts
1,022 battles

the damn dispersion is way too damn high! at least Kongo's spread was tight and it felt so good when my friend let me play WOWs in her computer... i was fcking noob in wows but i felt so pro in Kongo i hit something at least there but in myogi i need 7 salvos just to hit one that will do damage...  Kawachi and myogi made me feel inadequate...

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

wgBlsTT.png

This is a shitty drawing of what the devs did for dispersion. All three red circles are of the same size, which also means high tier BBs are more accurate than low tiers.

580 posts
1,587 battles

the damn dispersion is way too damn high! at least Kongo's spread was tight and it felt so good when my friend let me play WOWs in her computer... i was fcking noob in wows but i felt so pro in Kongo i hit something at least there but in myogi i need 7 salvos just to hit one that will do damage...  Kawachi and myogi made me feel inadequate...

That's the thing with BBs... They're range is so darn long, to project that kind of power with so much range as enjoyed by IJN BBs they might throw things off balance if they were too accurate... However I wouldn't mind if they took 25m off the current dispersion... I too had a god-awful time in the Kawachi and a little bit of that in the Miyogi... but I view those two as learning ships before you get to "riding" the real ladies starting with the Kongo... She requires more tact in use, tact that you will learn in your time with the Miyogi...

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Nope,statistically ,BBs have the  second highest average damage ,only second to CV.The lower tiers  BBs are purposely designed to be suck to weed out the weaklings.You gotta have to sacrifice a lot of goats to the RNGesus,the only  true Lord. 

unnamed.jpg

Also, higher BBs are very powerfull with only the CVs that are able  stand in their way of dominances.CAs can be easily 1 salvo and DDs are pretty much harmless as long you dont sail in a straightline and sail close toward islands

unnamed.jpg

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

^This, the only ship I ever thought of having annoying RnG was the Kawachi, and that was just me being bad at videogames when I first got her.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Nope,statistically ,BBs have the  second highest average damage ,only second to CV.The lower tiers  BBs are purposely designed to be suck to weed out the weaklings.You gotta have to sacrifice a lot of goats to the RNGesus,the only  true Lord. 

unnamed.jpg

Also, higher BBs are very powerfull with only the CVs that are able  stand in their way of dominances.CAs can be easily 1 salvo and DDs are pretty much harmless as long you dont sail in a straightline and sail close toward islands

ALL HAIL RNGESUS!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!

HA HA! I NOW HAVE KONGO! I SHALL SHOW THEM WRATH OF GOD GIVEN FORM!

Congratulations!... Now you have to upgrade her to realize the fullest potential... Happy Hunting! and make sure she gets her daily feeding of Cruisers...

406 posts
6,287 battles

The low tiers are frustrating as hell (and IMO need some tweaking - something is wrong when you shoot at a stationary ship at 7 Km and every shell misses) but they do teach you good habits

Just another 50k XP till the North Carolina....

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Oh there's nothing more thrilling than taking a 50 second chance on a dd in desperation or a cruiser, hoping to smash the threat, in my tirpitz, firing at said dd from 12kms, then HITTING it OH YEAH, then seeing 1k dmg rise from the target......

It's a 50 second chance because of The Dutchman's mathematics:

25 seconds to load the shot you are going to use (AP), and then another 25 second reload to replace the shot you have used, and be combat capable again.

96 posts
3,809 battles

Find the tirpitz redundant because its dispersion is real bad. like others wish it to be in a 30 to 50 meter circle not the 75 meter plus it at least looks like to watch..Tried tips online face forward get in closer to cruisers but nah just get hammered very difficult to work out how best to use. also spotter spends 30 to a full min over our fleet instead of going towards middle of maps????If ya lucky ya may get 30 to 45 seconds of time to use the spotter on enemy ships and target them at range. but ya still got to hit them lol and that is hard..Rate Tirpitz at this point 2 and a half warship stars....

406 posts
6,287 battles

Find the tirpitz redundant because its dispersion is real bad. like others wish it to be in a 30 to 50 meter circle not the 75 meter plus it at least looks like to watch..Tried tips online face forward get in closer to cruisers but nah just get hammered very difficult to work out how best to use. also spotter spends 30 to a full min over our fleet instead of going towards middle of maps????If ya lucky ya may get 30 to 45 seconds of time to use the spotter on enemy ships and target them at range. but ya still got to hit them lol and that is hard..Rate Tirpitz at this point 2 and a half warship stars....

I have wrecked and been wrecked by Derpitzes - what Tier BB have you got in Non-Premium?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

The low tiers are frustrating as hell (and IMO need some tweaking - something is wrong when you shoot at a stationary ship at 7 Km and every shell misses) but they do teach you good habits

Just another 50k XP till the North Carolina....

Good luck if you think her dispersion will be any better.

BB's shine at between 5 - 12km, even in the low tiers.

Pray for luck at longer ranges - (especially North Carolina at max range lol)

16 posts
2,606 battles

Good luck if you think her dispersion will be any better.

BB's shine at between 5 - 12km, even in the low tiers.

Pray for luck at longer ranges - (especially North Carolina at max range lol)

^This. BBs are made for sinking things with 1-2 salvos at medium-close range. Any further and it's pure RNG, plus shells that take 8+ seconds to land are easy to dodge.

Lower tier is hard because it's designed to sort the men from the boys, because at high tier BBs are really really OP. If you're having fun in a Kongo then you should understand. If not, well there's always DD/CL/CA/CV to play

44 posts
6,340 battles

Hated the Myogi, just hated it. Got through the Kawachi fairly painlessly by getting in close and brawling. I prefer the US BBs, slow but solid performers, with a special mention to the mighty New Mexico.......now that's a BB that is a ball to play. There's just something comforting about having 12 main battery guns, even if they're only 14 inch jobs. Fill the sky with lead and profit, it's my main credit earner.