You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ScurvaceousScab

Why do some people bother joining random battle?

32 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,085 battles

I wonder why so many people joining Random Battle and then move to the back of the map dodging any confrontation. It is weak, meaningless and irritating. What benefit is there? Maybe I am missing something here.

Edited by ScurvaceousScab

160 posts
5,905 battles

We have camping BBs, suicidal DDs and what are those bloody CAs doing? Isn't that bad? Cease your worries my comrade, it'll be worst once you reach T8+, I kid you not.

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

I wonder why so many people joining Random Battle and then move to the back of the map dodging any confrontation. It is weak, meaningless and irritating. What benefit is there? Maybe I am missing something here.

Hello, while I agree with your opinion, I would also like to say that such "tactics," if you can call it that, usually keeps its users alive much longer... not that it helps anyone else much... but that's pretty much is.

22 posts
27 battles

Life with WOW in low tier battles

USN DDs firing off torps at enemies 14km away

Teamkill(not intentional but still TKs)

Poi, Poi

F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12 spam

Lemmings

Cleveland OP!!!!!!(really?)

St Louis OP!!!!(facepalm)

CV OP!!!!!(I've heard enough of this ****)

Idiots

When Is team training going to be implemented in WOWs, cos Im planning to start up a mental health facility

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Life with WOW in low tier battles

USN DDs firing off torps at enemies 14km away

Teamkill(not intentional but still TKs)

Poi, Poi

F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12 spam

Lemmings

Idiots

When Is team training going to be implemented in WOWs, cos Im planning to start up a mental health facility

well i've got good news. with mods you can get team training.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Yeah, Random battle give you way a lot of XP than Co-Op. But when you good in Co-Op but shitty in Random, result same XP gain ... why they bother to do so.
I am so suck using DD, but instead became "MLG" in Co-Op ... I better be in Random and closing enemy CA or BB and spam them Torps on close range battle. Yes I die fast and often the first to die ... but by doing so, my DD often got minimum 500 XP. More than I can have by became MLG in Co-Op.

So for cowards people out there, which I doubt they will read this or ever come to Forum anyways ... play aggressive in Random Battle mode that would result a quick death are better than became MVP in Co-Op.

But please, do note it, there are some tactics that looks like cowards, but end a match in Top 5, guarantee. This is a tactic that I always do to prevent getting "Capital - Punishment" and Torpedoes Salvo's Trap.

The name of the tactic is "Butt-Shot" or "Fart". Explanation ... when you  face any enemy, just get away from them while shooting them. Means enemy will had a hard time shooting your butt-ship. If DD or CA try to chase you, once in a time, go to full broad side than make a salvo shot, then back to "Butt-Shot" position again.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

this one sound like NA server. I've never seen anyone whine about a ship being OP on chat in this server(more about teammate, and I'm one of the team whiners:teethhappy:), while in NA it's almost every game.

112 posts
1,431 battles

Perhaps there are lots of people out there who's most favoured stat is "battles survived"??

I, however sit at the other end of the spectrum. I tend to get a bit "gung ho":izmena:, and charge in expecting the DDs to scout and the BBs to provide covering fire......:teethhappy:

Unfortunately the BBs usually end up being of the above mentioned sort, and turn tail at the first enemy salvo.:sceptic:

Suffice to say, my survival rate when not playing with my Div buddies is approaching zero at a rapid rate.:medal:

Cheers

Coldbeer

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I join random battles because when I play, I can get games like this:

For the summary:

• 43,038 AP damage.
  • 44,886 HE damage.
  • 25,845 fire damage.
  • 3,353 flood damage.
  • 15,833 torpedo damage.

In total, 132,955 damage. In a 7v7 game. Where the enemy had 2 a Yamato and Zaou compared to the Gearing on our side.

shot-15.11.28_07.09.38-0234_zpsqafga3ch.

shot-15.11.28_07.09.42-0941_zps4jvfmopk.

shot-15.11.28_07.09.40-0726_zpsffwfiggj.

78 posts

I join random battles because when I play, I can get games like this:

For the summary:

• 43,038 AP damage.
  • 44,886 HE damage.
  • 25,845 fire damage.
  • 3,353 flood damage.
  • 15,833 torpedo damage.

In total, 132,955 damage. In a 7v7 game. Where the enemy had 2 a Yamato and Zaou compared to the Gearing on our side.

shot-15.11.28_07.09.38-0234_zpsqafga3ch.

shot-15.11.28_07.09.42-0941_zps4jvfmopk.

shot-15.11.28_07.09.40-0726_zpsffwfiggj.

Nice !!

248 posts

if people are wondering why people play more careful in higher tiers it's because the ships are expensive. 

i actually really enjoy it sometimes.

i can't afford to replace my amagi or my izumo every time i play.

you have long hard games where most of the people survive,

it's less childish and hectic.

a loss isn't the end of the world, paying 200k kind of is.

and this idea that bb's should play attack is just dumb i have no idea why people keep pushing it.

it's usually dd's and ca's that complain about this. and lower tiers. if ur in a tier 6 it costs nothing in repairs. NOTHING.

try sitting in a massive VERY EXPENSIVE slow moving bb with 3 yamatos staring you down and i'm sure you'll change ur mind.

if you have a 24 km range i'm not sure why you want to be 10 km away from your target.

there's just no need and it's generally suicide

Edited by fuzzjunky

406 posts
6,279 battles

if people are wondering why people play more careful in higher tiers it's because the ships are expensive. 

i actually really enjoy it sometimes.

you have long hard games where most of the people survive,

it's less childish and hectic.

a loss isn't the end of the world, paying 200k kind of is.

and this idea that bb's should play attack is just dumb i have no idea why people keep pushing it.

it's usually dd's and ca's that complain about this. and lower tiers. if ur in a tier 6 it costs nothing in repairs. NOTHING.

try sitting in a massive VERY EXPENSIVE slow moving bb with 3 yamatos staring you down and i'm sure you'll change ur mind.

if you have a 24 km range i'm not sure why you want to be 10 km away from your target.

there's just no need and it's generally suicide

I play a very aggressive BB style - sometimes it works (my Skill), sometimes it doesn't (Bad RNG luck) :trollface:, but when it does work - ye gods is it fun - nothing more exhilarating than getting into Knife fighting range with a BB and coming out victorious.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

Well I have to say the talk of how awful the gameplay is at Tier 8 and above, couple with the comments such as the one below make me glad I have never really bothered to go past tier 5

892 posts
7,853 battles

All too often, I play very aggressively. In a DD, it works well since a DD becomes the "eyes" for the rest of the group and more importantly, capping objectives ASAP. Even in a CA, I tend to be in the forward element.

Alas, the above works well with other like minded team mates but there are just too many who just prefer to loiter/linger in the rear. I've had cases where too many ships were babysitting CVs. Even worse, there are DD captains who prefer to just tag along with the main fleet instead of being a forward element, scouting or capping.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I play both these vessels and its only very rarely that i do not make money on the Izumo. I always do with the Amagi. They are beasts that can deal 100k damage in a game and that's not avoiding a  knife fight. Getting to 14km range of cruisers and the citadels on those ships melt.

10.6 km on my Izumo and all my secondaries can tear through ships. Rushing in with a BB early is not good, but you still either push/flank or hold, not retreat back into a corner trying to save your ship from taking damage.

If i played with that style of thought, id rarely inflict damage or turn the game in my teams favour.

Fortune favours the bold (Audentes Fortuna Iuvat)

61 posts
1,022 battles

BB tactics at t8 or above are simple...

just like playing Tiger I and Tiger II in WoT. Wise use of HP management and bringing the power of your main batteries where it is needed.

early game, let the cruisers screen the fleet formation and have them skirmish... just make sure you are in range to support your cruisers... just be near enough to your adversaries range and let the cruisers do the heavy lifting. Focus on cruisers only, leave the DD to fast firing cruisers. Avert any damage at this stage of fight.

Mid game is typically you will be killing cruisers. By this point in time you can spear head an offensive and use your massive batteries to batter enemy cruisers to jolly rogers. Let the cruisers take refuge at your rear but tell them to engage anything in range. They'll do so immediately without being told but it helps that you remind them. Don't hesitate to use your huge HP pool to spear head the attack and your. You have 4 repair teams reserve 2-3 for late game. NOTE: Don't get citadel ed and ignore BBs, just focus on cruisers since they'll be pain in the ass if they are still alive by late game so you only focus on them.

Late game probably you will be trading shots with other BBs by this time. Hopefully there are no cruisers in your range and the remaining ones are way farther on the other side of the map to help. If you can talk to cruisers to wolf pack the adversary BBs that would be great. With them doing wolfpack and you focused on battering the other BBs to submission, victory is almost assured so as long as the cruisers get in range and burn the adversary BB to the ground. splurge your repair teams at this point of game. Dead BB is useless

However even if you win the engagement, its not an assured win but you rest assured that everyone in your flank had their fun and made some good credits.

NOTE: Do when you have the enemy carrier in range(which most likely will not happen.) burn it. Load HE, fire it at the carrier. Disrupt his launch and recovery. It helps alot. If your ally CV is good, he will see the opportunity to strike the enemy CV. Otherwise simply focus on cruisers/BBs.

this tactics in theory will work most of the time so as long as you or any BBs are at the center of the formation.

3 posts
1,085 battles

My original post is not aimed at the strategist's who support their team. It is the ones that actually reverse away from battle (destroyers and cruisers) and then park in the furthest point on the map out of range of anything. In random every team member counts from what I have seen. I am no expert player but try my best to back up my team mates. I think if they are gonna sit it out just play co-op and pat yourself on the back for your awesomeness when you gain bigger and better ships. Anyway rant over there is not much that can be done about it. :izmena:

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

That is the one thing that continually s...s me about this server - just how meek and mild a lot of the players are. Case in point from the match I just played. New York on my team hung back with the carrier while the rest of us pushed forward. New York's strength is a brawler. Has the armour and the firepower when he gets close to the enemy. This player did nothing and consequently died with 99 ex to show for it. Do people not understand doing damage in this game = credits/exp and doing enough damage will highly likely win the day.

Absolutely hopeless.

520 posts
11,126 battles

The attitude of many of the players in the SEA server, is an opportunity for many to STEP up and take charge of the situation.  No one charging, someone has to do it. This is what makes Great Players.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

The attitude of many of the players in the SEA server, is an opportunity for many to STEP up and take charge of the situation.  No one charging, someone has to do it. This is what makes Great Players.

That's me on almost every random battle, i like to lead the way and persuade others to follow suit.. If everyone committed then its a successful push, but sometimes a defecting BB that turned its tails screws everything :izmena:

892 posts
7,853 battles
I just got reminded why I don't play my lower tiered ships (3 & 4)...... players just seem to do a 180 as soon as they get shot at or worse, when they spot enemy ships in front:angry:

520 posts
11,126 battles

That's me on almost every random battle, i like to lead the way and persuade others to follow suit.. If everyone committed then its a successful push, but sometimes a defecting BB that turned its tails screws everything :izmena:

I share your sentiment. Lol, in Random Battles and even ranked.... Teamwork is a must.... and if one boat chooses to hide... thats 4 or 5 less guns shooting to help sink then enemy.