You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Coburn

Interactive WoWS Advertisement spotted in the wild?!

9 comments in this topic

103 posts
3,940 battles

Today, I was browsing a Android development forum, and I found a Wargaming World of Warships advertisement  in the middle of the page that said "World of Warships. Start Mission!". Curious, I tapped the advertisement  and to my surprise, it was interactive! It said "shoot the ship".

I did, but I missed, and failed the mission as I was dropping frames like hell (mind you, this was on my Android phone). It then said "World of Warships. Download Now" and a "Try again" button at the bottom of the advertisement.

Is there any chance I can get a URL to that advertisement that is interactive? I'd love to give it a shot on my desktop machine. :)

Edited by Coburn

103 posts
3,940 battles

Will say, however Wargaming does it is pretty damn clever. Got my attention longer than what the average fake app ad did.

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Today, I was browsing a Android development forum, and I found a Wargaming World of Warships advertisement  in the middle of the page that said "World of Warships. Start Mission!". Curious, I tapped the advertisement  and to my surprise, it was interactive! It said "shoot the ship".

I did, but I missed, and failed the mission as I was dropping frames like hell (mind you, this was on my Android phone). It then said "World of Warships. Download Now" and a "Try again" button at the bottom of the advertisement.

Is there any chance I can get a URL to that advertisement that is interactive? I'd love to give it a shot on my desktop machine. :)

Hello, I doubt I will be able to get the exact ad but I will see what I can do. Banner ads and such is done by a department I rarely interact with.

103 posts
3,940 battles

Hello, I doubt I will be able to get the exact ad but I will see what I can do. Banner ads and such is done by a department I rarely interact with.

That would be great. The WG Staff really need a tip jar, sounds like you and your community management department coworkers need some drinks with all the work you do keeping everyone in check and sane!

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

OK funny thing... I was visiting some... um... special interest websites and I think I spotted it :P

However, I do not have the actual ad yet. If I am not mistaken, the ads are handled by a third party and I personally do not have contact with them. I will try the content team.

621 posts
2,271 battles

OK funny thing... I was visiting some... um... special interest websites and I think I spotted it :P

However, I do not have the actual ad yet. If I am not mistaken, the ads are handled by a third party and I personally do not have contact with them. I will try the content team.

Sterns and bows I presume :^)