You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShadowPolack

Damage caused by ship collisions

14 comments in this topic

17 posts
1,175 battles

I can understand being fined when I run into an allied ship thru lack of attention, especially during combat.  What I fail to understand is why I'm being punished because some non-driving fool comes up behind me and runs into me.  When you are on your way to battle and the only icons on the map behind you are on your side, you don't watch it that close unless you're turning.  Also, why do I get fined XP but never seem to receive it when, especially when my damage is caused by their gunfire or torpedoes?

280 posts
3,514 battles

you got fined because the collision also scratched their precious whip. but i dont understand why there's no warning signal to avoid collision  But maybe the Devs will add them in the future patches

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

you got fined because the collision also scratched their precious whip. but i dont understand why there's no warning signal to avoid collision  But maybe the Devs will add them in the future patches

Had it in alpha (along with significant damage) and it was turned off due potential for griefing etc.

(and before anyone says friendly fire is the same - that argument has already been held and you have the results)

22 posts
4,310 battles

Can someone please explain logically and seriously why the hell when I am playing in a Battleship and I am trammed by a Murmansk or a cruiser that I get fined 19 coins and 2 xp and I get compensation of 2 coins

Where does this fit into a fair recompense for being rammed in my side because some blind git decides to turn into me.

For Gods sake I am a bloody Battleship who cant turn or stop and i am unfairly penalised.

fix this shit up seriously.

Dont come back with some petty pathetic excuse either.

There is no fair game play that shows the Battleship can avoid dipshit idiots from ramming into them

55 posts
3,922 battles

19 credits and 2 XP - that's sure to wreck your balance and research grind....

Which brings me to my point - you do realise you're complaining about incredibly insignificant amounts?

Edited by GeneralGrant

1,126 posts

fine from crashing teammate ship is don't matter to me, it so little to that I didn't considered it.

but fine from friendly torpedoes.... that's.... serious issue.

------------------------------

by the way, talk about collision.

how to calculate damage dealt and receive form collision with enemy???

I play IJNDD and collision head-on with enemy USNDD we're same tier but I'm only one that sunk

I play fuso and kiss head-on with enemy fuso as well, I have more HP than him but we both sunk...

how to calculate it??

161 posts
5,905 battles

I'm not concern about the damages from friendly collisions. It's not a big deal, but rather the effects from crashing with each other in the middle of gunnery duel... and teammates randomly releasing fishes in the water.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

fine from crashing teammate ship is don't matter to me, it so little to that I didn't considered it.

but fine from friendly torpedoes.... that's.... serious issue.

------------------------------

by the way, talk about collision.

how to calculate damage dealt and receive form collision with enemy???

I play IJNDD and collision head-on with enemy USNDD we're same tier but I'm only one that sunk

I play fuso and kiss head-on with enemy fuso as well, I have more HP than him but we both sunk...

how to calculate it??

Damage calculation is pretty simple:

You will take your full HP's worth of damage from the enemy

They will take their full HP's worth of damage from you.

Doesn't matter if you or they have been damaged previously.

78 posts

19 credits and 2 XP - that's sure to wreck your balance and research grind....

Which brings me to my point - you do realise you're complaining about incredibly insignificant amounts?

OK then put it this way,

So I take it if I was to crash into you in my motor vehicle (and I'm clearly in the wrong) and you get the fine from an authority, you wouldn't be complaining? (god it can be a war on those roads too) As insignificant as it is - to some, the point the OP makes in the first instance of his/he query is relevant, "Why are they being fined for an incident that he/ she didn't cause through negligent steering on anther's culpable driving" from ones own Team mates from behind?

I too have been T-Boned at the start of a battle with no enemy detected by a friendly Helmsman in a CA and myself in a DD and yet, I was fine more and given less in compensation? (Sorry I don't have replay evidence so you have to take my word on it) Again please don't give me the 'Oh its a tiny amount' comeback - it's lame and lacks originality. The point is, Its happening more and more lately (whether it be from too many games and the player is tired or kids) it ALL adds up and it's coin and HP that your not receiving that isn't going into your coffer,  through someone else' s bad steering on your team when you are not at fault.

So if someone cares to explain the mechanics of steering damage (ramming you if you like to call it that) receive from your team when you are NOT at fault and you are fined more - please maturely - I will have been enlightened and learnt something new for the day.

Fair seas and good weather! Thanks:honoring:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I believe that fines run off the % of health lost from collision damage between allied ships, but I could be wrong. Anyway - if you're not deliberately ramming into things, the penalty is negligible. If it doesn't feel negligible, then do your best to keep proper separation between ships.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

With all fines/recompense within WG titles the recompense will be a fraction of what you would feel it should be to discourage those who would abuse the system to gain credits (deliberately place themselves in the way to be rammed).

This was the case when the system was first introduced in WoT, LT would race off in front of a HT and just stop to gain credits.

423 posts
3,175 battles

maybe ships should act as a "sucking magnet" to each others (like what's happen in real life, lel), that would forced them to keep the formation tight, but not as a Testudo :D

just saying :D

78 posts

I believe that fines run off the % of health lost from collision damage between allied ships, but I could be wrong. Anyway - if you're not deliberately ramming into things, the penalty is negligible. If it doesn't feel negligible, then do your best to keep proper separation between ships.

With all fines/recompense within WG titles the recompense will be a fraction of what you would feel it should be to discourage those who would abuse the system to gain credits (deliberately place themselves in the way to be rammed).

This was the case when the system was first introduced in WoT, LT would race off in front of a HT and just stop to gain credits.

Gents,

Thank you for your prompt replies. You have given insight to my query. :honoring:

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Damage calculation is pretty simple:

You will take your full HP's worth of damage from the enemy

They will take their full HP's worth of damage from you.

Doesn't matter if you or they have been damaged previously.

bit more complicated then that

relative speed and angle are taken into account too, you can actually bounce off an enemy ship if you are both travelling in the same direction perpendicular to each other (and at the same speed) and one decides to turn into you at a very harsh angle. In this case both ships take huge amounts of DoT damage. (rather then the full your hp minus my total hp thing)