You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bukey

Is it good idea to buy a premium ship

20 comments in this topic

95 posts
1,563 battles

Hi guys I have been playing this game for some time and love it but I'm at tier 6 with my BB's ( played CV's, DD's, CA's and BB's and I found I'm a better CV and BB Player but currently only doing USA and IJN BB's only ).

Well I see that credit gain tends to dry up once you hit higher tiers so as the topic says is it good to get a premium ships only to make silver also I do buy premium time every month but want to make silver faster and I like to ass if it's good which one should I go with I don't like DD's so don't suggest them any other ships in premium will do. Or if you guys know a good ship which is none premium but makes good silver please let me know.

Thank you.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,875 battles

I would suggest Murmansk since its Tier V so minimal maintenance cost, very agile, good amount of HP, fast reloading/turning guns, very good range at 14km and 17km with spotter plane, good chance to cause fire, nice torps range at 8km so you can torp and still focusing on firing, and it doesn't cost much. On average with premium time I would get around 250K credits per game...

I heard Tirpitz and Atago is another good Prem ship currently but I cant say since I never used them before.

As for non premium, Omaha is pretty good too but I always uses St Louis ~120K - 150K credits since I like the many guns. I heard Kuma is good too but cant vouch on that.

Edited by MaFlowerCrab

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I won't say that you should buy or shouldn't buy since its your money decide it your self :D:D:D (and prob there will be a lot of peoples gib you suggestion anyways)

But i will say that if you want to buy some Premium is a good idea to pick class that you want to play so you enjoy playing it and preferably the Nation that you will play so you can use all the feature that Premium Ships giving it to you not just for the credits and free EXP.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I buy premiums more so as i collect these (sadly i did the same in tanks).

But they are a great way to earn extra credits and XP. More so with Flags equipped.

MaFlowerCrab suggested the Murmansk and that is a great ship to earn credits in. Also being tier V you will find lots of games.

95 posts
1,563 battles

I won't say that you should buy or shouldn't buy since its your money decide it your self :D:D:D (and prob there will be a lot of peoples gib you suggestion anyways)

But i will say that if you want to buy some Premium is a good idea to pick class that you want to play so you enjoy playing it and preferably the Nation that you will play so you can use all the feature that Premium Ships giving it to you not just for the credits and free EXP.

Thank you as I said on OP that I enjoy playing BB's and CV's I also like playing both IJN and USN I just want to know which is a good premium don't care about the money :P.

Any one have any idea about the new IJN tier 4 premium BB is it worth the money or not.

Edited by Bukey

248 posts

yeh totally if you have the money. 

BUT PLEASE DO NOT THINK IT WILL MAKE YOU A GOOD PLAYER.

it won't, but it will help with $$ and u don't have to grind all the upgrades.

if you like bb's then get a tirpitz. damn things are hard to kill and stay invisible.

when you get into a server with me and a tirpitz you will find i can still kill you given enough time,

but after a month or two you will get the skills required,

so in that first month just accept a bit of dying.

it's best to buy a premium ship maybe after playing for a month or two.

it's a skills based game no matter what ship you're in

Edited by fuzzjunky

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thank you as I said on OP that I enjoy playing BB's and CV's I also like playing both IJN and USN I just want to know which is a good premium don't care about the money :P.

Any one have any idea about the new IJN tier 4 premium BB is it worth the money or not.

Youtube might be able to help you on that, watch it with your own eyes !! 

95 posts
1,563 battles

Youtube might be able to help you on that, watch it with your own eyes !! 

Watching and getting an true opinion from a user is two different things 'cos in youtube they always upload the best games they had it really doesn't give clear idea.

yeh totally if you have the money. 

BUT PLEASE DO NOT THINK IT WILL MAKE YOU A GOOD PLAYER.

it won't, but it will help with $$ and u don't have to grind all the upgrades.

if you like bb's then get a tirpitz. damn things are hard to kill and stay invisible.

when you get into a server with me and a tirpitz you will find i can still kill you given enough time,

but after a month or two you will get the skills required,

so in that first month just accept a bit of dying.

it's best to buy a premium ship maybe after playing for a month or two.

it's a skills based game no matter what ship you're in

Ok thank you but what you're just saying is you are good at killing tirpitz nothing else but any way thank you.

4 posts

it is always good to buy premium ships

i played in NA server where i have DERPitz, Atlanta, muramansk, and atago.... all of them are good

but the defining money maker is derpitz and muramansk coz of survivability and Damage burst for derpitz and DPM for muramansk... atlanta if you manage to get all your guns setting fire on everything that moves or atago if you are really accurate

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Watching and getting an true opinion from a user is two different things 'cos in youtube they always upload the best games they had it really doesn't give clear idea.

It really hard to know which one is the True Opinion someone might feel really positive with particular ship some juz seeing only the bad part of the ship, yes after getting tons of comment there will be somethings in common.

So i kinda suggest you to make a new topic such as "Ishizuchi good or not?" so there should be more peoples come in and comment about it.

But since this Topic is more like "Which premium ship i should buy" is more focus on which ship you should decide to go for so you can just use Youtube gameplay as a basic idea then you can come back and make a new topic to asking about that specifically ship if what you saw in the replay is valid or not. 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Because there is no accelerated crew training, you only need one "good" premium ship to grind credits. This mixed with a bit of premium time can sort most $$$ woes.

Unlike WoT, you can move a captain from any class into any premium class ship.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Because there is no accelerated crew training, you only need one "good" premium ship to grind credits. This mixed with a bit of premium time can sort most $$$ woes.

Unlike WoT, you can move a captain from any class into any premium class ship.

I get your point since accelerated crew training is exactly what i want.

But able to train my Russian DD captain in Russian premium ship while earning credits is not that bad, also re-training without penalty is really useful for high tier captain.

But yea i still love to have accelerated crew training because converting the EXP is not really for me exchange rate will kill me :D:D:D  

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

95 posts
1,563 battles

It really hard to know which one is the True Opinion someone might feel really positive with particular ship some juz seeing only the bad part of the ship, yes after getting tons of comment there will be somethings in common.

So i kinda suggest you to make a new topic such as "Ishizuchi good or not?" so there should be more peoples come in and comment about it.

But since this Topic is more like "Which premium ship i should buy" is more focus on which ship you should decide to go for so you can just use Youtube gameplay as a basic idea then you can come back and make a new topic to asking about that specifically ship if what you saw in the replay is valid or not. 

Well topic is open they can say this ships is good and this bad if I ask like is this ship is good or bad it'll be just about that ship and this might help some on in the future as well the problem is some people don't stick to the topic they go on 'cos they think they need to say something the first reply was good he said what he knew based on the experience he has that's what I'm aiming for people can say what ship is good and bad based on those facts I decide which one I'll get ad about gameplay in you tube don't say that to me I do that all the time as I said watching is not enough to make decision.

And this is my post stop trying to tell people what to do miss ( or mrs ) you're not sticking to the topic and if you don't have anything according to the topic move and blabber on some other thread. 

248 posts

Ok thank you but what you're just saying is you are good at killing tirpitz nothing else but any way thank you.

your reading skills are terrible.

buy whatever you want

161 posts
5,905 battles

For me credits start to dries up by T8. My T7 ships still cover the bills themselves implies I've done average damage per match.

First, I got IJN T6&7 CAs for credits grinding and they done their job pretty decent with additional coins for premium account. I think if you don't wanted to spend that much money on a premium ships, then stick with T5-7 ships (any class you preferred and do well in) is quite enough.

Secondly, if you do have a spare changes and wanted your own premium ships then Murmansk is quite a good choice at it tier. But if you do wanted a higher Tier (T8) ships, then I would recommend you to at least pass T7 with non premium ships first. The number of battle under your belt is quite low, the gameplay changes from low and mid tier to higher tier. If you are not used to or at least familiarize yourself with how higher tier plays then getting T8 Prem maybe frustrating. (Tirpitz and call Durpitz for a reason.) I do not own Atago but based from how I face them a player who know what they are doing tends to do pretty well in them.

Tirpitz is another problem, she will always rewards you will silver as long as you have an "average" games (for me about 60-80k damage.) My latest match doing almost 194k damage gave me about 475k credits without premium account (it would be about 600k with premium), but if you have a bad game with minimum damage done (get TB by CV in the beginning of the match, burn to death, torp'ed spammed to death, etc.) then do expect negatives. BB combat sometimes largely influence on the guns dispersion, CA on the other hand get accurate guns, if you know how to shoot then just spam HE at everything then you'll still end up with a positive bill. 

Beside making credits, I tends to use Tirpitz for my T9 German CA captain trainning, as I wanted my Hipper captain to remains there. So if you ask is she worth getting? If you enjoy BB combat then she would make a good choice but at quite a price, but if you do mind the prize then I would recommend a CA instead.

Edit: I do quite like the ship, so take it as a pinch of salt.

JEoxvcO.jpgaGKtVTG.jpg

Edited by HeidimarieW

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well topic is open they can say this ships is good and this bad if I ask like is this ship is good or bad it'll be just about that ship and this might help some on in the future as well the problem is some people don't stick to the topic they go on 'cos they think they need to say something the first reply was good he said what he knew based on the experience he has that's what I'm aiming for people can say what ship is good and bad based on those facts I decide which one I'll get ad about gameplay in you tube don't say that to me I do that all the time as I said watching is not enough to make decision.

And this is my post stop trying to tell people what to do miss ( or mrs ) you're not sticking to the topic and if you don't have anything according to the topic move and blabber on some other thread. 

Hope you get what you want then :D:D:D 

But trust me there will be a lot of peoples suggest you the Murmansk, Tirpitz or Atago.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Best bang for the buck would be the Murmansk.

High speed, excellent guns, 8k torps at tier 5.

Money well spent.

Aw yeah! Got to Love it.  This is so True! This is the only Mid tier Premium Ship I own that i am CONFIDENT using, even against some tier 7 ships.  even for the sole money making capability... i would go with Murmansk.  Very nice choice for a premium ship

Alpha Tester
982 posts

The Atlanta can be loads of fun as well. However, it is not suitable for a novice player. You will get eaten alive if you don't play to its strengths and avoid its weaknesses.