You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MaFlowerCrab

[Poll] Season 2 Ranked Battle Participation Time and Behavior Survey

Ranked Battle Participation Time And Behavior Survey  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Bronze League: Rank 18 - 15, Tier V - VI, When do you normally play/engage in Ranked Battle

• 0800 hrs - 1200 hrs +8 GMT/UTC
    • 1200 hrs - 1600 hrs +8 GMT/UTC
    • 1600 hrs - 2000 hrs +8 GMT/UTC
    • 2000 hrs - 0000 hrs +8 GMT/UTC
    • 0000 hrs - 0400 hrs +8 GMT/UTC
    • 0400 hrs - 0800 hrs +8 GMT/UTC
    • Weekend Only
    • Not in this league
  2. 2. Silver League: Rank 14 - 11, Tier V - VI, When do you normally play/engage in Ranked Battle

• Weekend Only
    • Not in this league
  3. 3. Gold league: Rank 10 - 6, Tier VII - Tier VIII, When do you normally play/engage in Ranked Battle

• Weekend Only
    • Not in this league
  4. 4. Platinum League: Rank 5 - 1, Tier VII - Tier VIII, When do you normally play/engage in Ranked Battle

• Weekend Only
    • Not in this league

17 comments in this topic

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,867 battles

Hey guys, I would like to do a survey to assess at what point of the day the current competitors for Season 2 Ranked Battle normally play/engaged/participate. Hopefully this will help us to have some idea when is the optimum time window of the day that we can participate in Ranked Battles, thus maximizing the chance of getting a game as according to your league rather than randomly waiting and for the time that dont have many players we can always focus to play Random Battle.

Please kindly vote according to your current leagues

• Bronze League: Rank 18 - 15, Tier V - VI
  • Silver League: Rank 14 - 11, Tier V - VI
  • Gold league: Rank 10 - 6, Tier VII - Tier VIII
  • Platinum League: Rank 5 - 1, Tier VII - Tier VIII

I have divided the options into 4 hours duration per window (at +8 GMT/UTC time zone).  You are allowed to choose up to 3 options, but if you normally play the whole day, please prioritize 3 window that is the most time you played. If you only plays on weekend, please choose 1 only option that is "Weekend Only".

Also I had to add one last choice since the poll needs you to answer all question, please select "Not in this league" for the league that did not apply to you. (Not sure how not to make this lol)

Thank you for your time and participation in this poll. Comments and suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by MaFlowerCrab

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,867 battles

Thank you, I had just edited with another option so that you can answer as according to your current league...my apologies since this is my first time to make a vote lol.

Please select "Not in this league" for the league that did not apply to you since the poll need you to answer all question.

Thanks!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thank you, I had just edited with another option so that you can answer as according to your current league...my apologies since this is my first time to make a vote lol.

Please select "Not in this league" for the league that did not apply to you since the poll need you to answer all question.

Thanks!

Is nice to have that option but in any league i only can play it during weekend so ill keep my vote like that :(

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,867 battles

Is nice to have that option but in any league i only can play it during weekend so ill keep my vote like that :(

Yes that would be very much applicable. The last option just help so that we can cast the votes. Thanks!

331 posts
17,051 battles

I  started at rank 15 took about 25 battles to get to rank 10 an am at rank 9  and it seems like world of battleships for ranked 18 to 11 with 2/3 or more ships being battleships. if anything there should never be more than 2 BBs per side  and equal numbers.

Make those who put BBs wait if there are like 15 BBs and only a few DDs and cruisers coming in. The only times I have had to wait is when there are only a few players playing ranked because there are so few and i am talking like 20 or so in all the queues combined. Once there is a decent number of players in each league online. I have had no trouble waiting as  don't play Battleships in ranked.

My advice if you don't want a long wait is Don't play Battleships in Ranked Battles.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I'm  psychologically scarred from entering the ranked battles.

I'm too concerned about losing battles and going backwards to actually press battle.

I won 3 great games in a row but with my 30 something % wr in ranked, I know 10 straight losses are only around the next island. I can go as low as rank 10, but after that the game mode is folly for me to try.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,867 battles

I  started at rank 15 took about 25 battles to get to rank 10 an am at rank 9  and it seems like world of battleships for ranked 18 to 11 with 2/3 or more ships being battleships. if anything there should never be more than 2 BBs per side  and equal numbers.

Make those who put BBs wait if there are like 15 BBs and only a few DDs and cruisers coming in. The only times I have had to wait is when there are only a few players playing ranked because there are so few and i am talking like 20 or so in all the queues combined. Once there is a decent number of players in each league online. I have had no trouble waiting as  don't play Battleships in ranked.

My advice if you don't want a long wait is Don't play Battleships in Ranked Battles.

The waiting time is bearable for me since I can do other thing during the wait. And you are correct that is one of the thing that I realized 2 days back (Monday) and starting yesterday I have finally purchased Pensacola that I had researched for quite sometime back but havent proceed since Ive got the Cleveland, after some grinding its ready for Ranked Battle though Im still new on it.

Also one of my purpose of doing the poll is to get more insight on how are we doing/trends after the season has started and perhaps when more player is actually aware of the trend, just maybe we can perhaps benefit from it. Its kinda early but preliminary data might have some insight too...I too plan to compile the findings once we have a substantial amount of participants.

I'm  psychologically scarred from entering the ranked battles.

I'm too concerned about losing battles and going backwards to actually press battle.

I won 3 great games in a row but with my 30 something % wr in ranked, I know 10 straight losses are only around the next island. I can go as low as rank 10, but after that the game mode is folly for me to try.

I got lucky and it was probably a fluke since I managed to get rank 10 from 15 in a go, I heard the current system is more easier since the irrevocable ranks are more, but its also exhilarating for me to try on it since I forgot to play RB last season though I purposely start and grind USN CA line to get Cleveland back then.

Thank you again for your kind participation on this thread/poll.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,462 battles

None since i can't use my tier 7's in RB. -_- thanks WG you've ruined RB.

Isn't rank 10 up for tier 7 - 8? IF yu have a CLeveland grinding up to 10 is pretty easy - well it was for me, but I think I had a crazy lucky 5 win streak....I know I'm not that good!

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

None since i can't use my tier 7's in RB. -_- thanks WG you've ruined RB.

yeah if you go to profile and ranked, i think thats where it shows what tiers you can use at what ranks. I'm sure joe 90 is right, you can use tier 7 from rank 10.

112 posts
1,431 battles

Despite the fact that I tend to play when the population levels are at their highest, the wait time for matches is overly long.

I only played about 4 or 5 today, but I could have easily slotted in a full length Random in the time I was waiting.

Perhaps expanding the tier range a bit further would help?

Cheers

Coldbeer

Edited by coldbeer72

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Isn't rank 10 up for tier 7 - 8? IF yu have a CLeveland grinding up to 10 is pretty easy - well it was for me, but I think I had a crazy lucky 5 win streak....I know I'm not that good!

yeah if you go to profile and ranked, i think thats where it shows what tiers you can use at what ranks. I'm sure joe 90 is right, you can use tier 7 from rank 10.

I do know of this. Not happy about it.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Rank 18->11 Tiers V & VI

Rank 10->1 Tiers VII & VIII

Yeah not a fan of that system. I can see why it's there but i'm not liking it.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,867 battles

Nice, I was busy for the whole day and havent had the time to look at the result...

It seems that :

1) Majority of player are in the range of Rank 10 - 6, whilst Rank 14 - 11 and Rank 5 - 1 has about the same number.

2) The number of players of each rank to is probably due to the number of ships that we have, I would guess most players has Tier V - VI ships in abundance and the number starts to slightly decrease for Tier VII and VIII, Tier VIII has probably more ships added with the Premium ships.

3) Most player will play around prime time 1600hrs - 2000hrs on weekdays and then the next time window will be around 2000hrs - 0000hrs, but on average most players will probably be active around 4 - 6 hours.

4) We might see more player to rank up from their respective league soon and fill up the player base for the next rank. More players to compete and teamed up.

5) Hopefully more player will joins in on the weekend.

6) Though the number of participants on the poll (Thank you for your participation again!) is small and only for the English forum and dont probably reflect the SEA server population, at least it serves us a good information on the players trends. I would like to believe the rest of Asia too has about the same trend with us.

Good tail wind guys and may the weekend (x3 exp plssss)  brings us more players huhu!