Sign in to follow this  
ChristmasFerret

CV roles

12 comments in this topic

14 posts
3,681 battles

If the Japanese carriers are to "bomb everything" and the US carriers are to defend the fleet. I wonder what WG will introduce when...or if they ever start a new CV line of another nation.

Alpha Tester
47 posts
1,085 battles

If the Japanese carriers are to "bomb everything" and the US carriers are to defend the fleet. I wonder what WG will introduce when...or if they ever start a new CV line of another nation.

no it not , it just used to be like you said before Dev messing with their characteristic  and only 2 things remain are IJN fighter is still  a paper for USN fighter and that balance tho. :trollface:

Edited by james4b

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That was WG's plan from the start, but after several patches they messed things up. Overall Japanese Carriers have more options with regards to role, but US ones have more gimped setups (usually all Bombers no Fighter or sizeable fighters but no strike capability; while Japanese CV can pick either without sacrificing too much others).

Overall, IJN CV > USN CV, except tier9-10 when US CV has better strike capability but loses to IJN CV in every other way.

Funny how it's been so long yet they haven't bothered fixing USN CV's Strike or Air superiority loadout, while IJN CV got most of attention and love.

621 posts
2,271 battles

That was WG's plan from the start, but after several patches they messed things up. Overall Japanese Carriers have more options with regards to role, but US ones have more gimped setups (usually all Bombers no Fighter or sizeable fighters but no strike capability; while Japanese CV can pick either without sacrificing too much others).

Overall, IJN CV > USN CV, except tier9-10 when US CV has better strike capability but loses to IJN CV in every other way.

Funny how it's been so long yet they haven't bothered fixing USN CV's Strike or Air superiority loadout, while IJN CV got most of attention and love.

T4 and T5 USN gets better fighter power though.

14 posts
3,681 battles

Anyway...now I think they're not really that great anymore. The CVs are kind of useless now when there's too many cruisers around. The cruisers in the upper tiers are more annoying than enemy fighters.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

but i really got more killing stat in CV than in other ship

79 match in Zuiho and 68 kills

52 match in Hosho and 50 kills

621 posts
2,271 battles

but i really got more killing stat in CV than in other ship

79 match in Zuiho and 68 kills

52 match in Hosho and 50 kills

Low tier (4, 5) cruisers don't have AA consumable and don't have nearly as good AA as T6+

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Low tier (4, 5) cruisers don't have AA consumable and don't have nearly as good AA as T6+

ah.... well, i dont find fun when playing as tier VI.. so i keep playing on tier V

621 posts
2,271 battles

ah.... well, i dont find fun when playing as tier VI.. so i keep playing on tier V

The issue resides mostly within higher tiers VI and beyond. Tier V and IV still have relatively healthy CV populations.

Kind of speaks volumes when Tier VI CVs have to be regularly pulled into Tier VIII games to fill the CV gap.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

The issue resides mostly within higher tiers VI and beyond. Tier V and IV still have relatively healthy CV populations.

Kind of speaks volumes when Tier VI CVs have to be regularly pulled into Tier VIII games to fill the CV gap.

but that will make things harder right......

Sign in to follow this