You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

Ranked Battle Wait times - long enough to read Lord of the Rings!

19 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

I enjoy ranked battles - level of game play is better usually than pubs. People TALK, and try to work together.

I missed the first season mostly, but thought this time round, awesome, will make a run at this.

For a rank 15/16 game I've been waiting 47 minutes...

SO I've just knocked off LOTR, time to start War and Peace

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

It's a low-pop time at the moment though, unsurprising that people aren't playing ranked when its 5-7am on a weekday morning...

No tin NZ it isnt ;) edit, as in 5 - 7 am, do keep forgetting about the timezone thing, whn I tend to play is worst time  - low pop as you say, and when the server maintenance tends to happen. Ah well...
Edited by j0e90

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

Might I suggest trying the Silmarillion?

Was going to put that as my first choice, but couldn't be ars*d looking up the spelling!

Read it once, never again.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

During "prime time evening" around 7-9pm SG time (GMT+8) Ranked battles starts under 1min for Ranks 18-11, while Rank 10+ it an average of 1-2 mins.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I got to rank 14 and now I have this psychological barrier stopping me from playing any more ranked.

This is an actual thing. 

I won something like 3 games in a row, really well, with good teams and I just know there is a massive losing streak coming, where I will regress ranks as far as possible.

I simply can't play any more ranked.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,874 battles

May I kindly request some of your time to participate in this small poll since its Ranked Battle related.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/11028-poll-season-2-ranked-battle-participation-time-and-behavior-survey/

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated!

[EZPZ]
Beta Tester
12 posts
7,747 battles

I have found the wait times this season to be much better than last.

At least this season I was able to find games R10 to R5 with the average wait around an hour.

The problem is once you hit Rank 5 you will not find any games to join regardless of peak times or not.

I have been trying to find a rank 5 game for 3 days now and have only ever seen 1 other in the queue.

I am worried the rank player base is just to small to achieve R1 on this server.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I doubt I'll be joining any Ranked session anytime soon in view of the frighteningly long wait times I've read about thus far. I don't play many hours per day and when I do, I'm grinding XP best I can. So, yeah, no thanks

520 posts
11,127 battles

I have found the wait times this season to be much better than last.

At least this season I was able to find games R10 to R5 with the average wait around an hour.

The problem is once you hit Rank 5 you will not find any games to join regardless of peak times or not.

I have been trying to find a rank 5 game for 3 days now and have only ever seen 1 other in the queue.

I am worried the rank player base is just to small to achieve R1 on this server.

ahhh, captain.. you have been blessed with good team play and RNG to have gotten where you are... manywant to be there, including me.  Hopefully, through time.. many of us will be able to get where you are.  My back and fourth r9 and r10 is draining my flag resources. Lol

[EZPZ]
Beta Tester
12 posts
7,747 battles

ahhh, captain.. you have been blessed with good team play and RNG to have gotten where you are... manywant to be there, including me.  Hopefully, through time.. many of us will be able to get where you are.  My back and fourth r9 and r10 is draining my flag resources. Lol

​Not really I just find it possible to carry a match in the 7v7 format in a BB like the derpitz. The ships only weakness is its AA and poor agility which are not really applicable to ranked as I am yet to join a match this season with a CV.

The speed, turret traverse ,rate of fire, secondaries, torps and accuracy of the guns and armor scheme at mid to low ranges are just godly in ranked, she can snipe or brawl with the best of them and has the speed to cap and chase cruisers & DD's if needed.

I have even hunted down DD's multiple times when I am the only player left on our team to win matches, I just find the derpitz is made for ranked battles.

The only ship that concerns me is the NC with a decent captain that knows how to angle, I tend to ignore firing on NC's until I am able to get into close range so I can actually damage that tough nut.

Would like to know my win rate this season in it but the stats are still season 1 on here.

Edited by Hexlin

248 posts

even if you hit R1-5, 

you'll have to play with randoms, and bad MM.

the best thing is to let go of the "rank achieved" worry for now.

it's not really working yet,

maybe near the end of the season it will get better.

on the upside if you join 6-10pm, [wait time is less than 5 minutes]

there will be good players, good maps, same tier,

and good $$$. [and of course all the juicy pennants]

^^ i'm glad to see Titrpitz owner confirm what i already know!!.

to win ranks juts buy a tirpitz!!

Xirvis, join when u can.

the rewards, and $$ are muich better so you can afford to play without repair costs, and with camo.

don't worry about the rank just see it as a good deal.

and you learn how to wear down a tirpitz or a North Carolina [i'm getting very good at it :)]

Edited by fuzzjunky

331 posts
17,063 battles

If you're playing ranked and a battleship expect a wait  and expect it to be longer than if you played another class 2/3 ships are BBs atleast for ranks 18 to 11 it gets better at 10 and up from what I have seen but still too many BBs

I will say it here also.

Sick of a long wait: Don't Play Battleships in Ranked.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Xirvis, join when u can.

the rewards, and $$ are muich better so you can afford to play without repair costs, and with camo.

don't worry about the rank just see it as a good deal.

and you learn how to wear down a tirpitz or a North Carolina [i'm getting very good at it :)]

Alright....will give it a go over the coming weekend. Am <30k XP from a Hipper currently

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,490 battles

Update, yep once it hits 10 pm NZ time the wait time was around 30 -60 seconds. Very happy - had a hot streak in the cheatland last night, 5 -6 wins in a row, shot from rank 15 to 11 in no time, Stopped only becuase I thought the streak had to end. Dropping the tier for RB to tier 6 is tailor made for the cleveland, rank 10 up I have no illusions that it will be a different ride to rank 11 and below.