Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Velvet_Scarlantina

Lady Lex? Dear Sara? Just who is she?

8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Lately I've been looking at Lexington more closely and she looks more like her sister after her refit. Those guns are a dead give away

CV 2 USS Lexington

Posted Image

CV 3 USS Saratoga

Posted Image

I just find it weird that WG gives Lady Lex her sister's 5" guns in all iterations of her in the game

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

I can't edit  the original post on my phone.

i know SARA is printed in the flight deck and that's Saratoga in the 1st picture but Lexington has the same exact layout and guns as what Is shown in the first picture 

Super Tester
802 posts

Probably because most people would see going from 8" guns to 5" guns to be a downgrade, and that 8" guns can't into AA at all.

Not that this should have any effect on the path CV players take when upgrading your ship, but if you can think of a reason some fool will be silly enough to complain about it. 

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

My history OCD kicked in when I saw Lady Lex in game for the first time. It got revived again after seeing a 1/700 Saratoga at the local model shop. 

But really as CV, chances of you having to enter surface combat is close to 0 unless you're the last one standing or a DD snuck through your screening.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

My history OCD kicked in when I saw Lady Lex in game for the first time. It got revived again after seeing a 1/700 Saratoga at the local model shop. 

But really as CV, chances of you having to enter surface combat is close to 0 unless you're the last one standing or a DD snuck through your screening.

i think the name is just represent of the class not the exact ship.

so maybe Lex stock hull should have the 8" guns to be historical accurate and the the upgraded hull can have 5" to represent the upgraded variant of the class.

we might see Bismarck upgrade hull with torpedoes and upgrade AAA, thats wont be historical accurate but its to represent the upgraded variant and balancing.

anyways this is my opinion not the WG answer so yea :D:D:D

P.S. Maki is my waifu 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Sign in to follow this