Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YoshiroNatsume

Did they nerf the IJN BBs?

17 comments in this topic

13 posts
2,265 battles

I used to score alot of Citadels or High damage in my IJN BBs, but suddenly after the recent patch I cant even score a high damage even if all of my shots hit, sometimes they all miss even if its a perfectly lined shot. I even aimed below waterline and what I get? 5 hits for 3k damage at point blank? its even from a 410mm gun, wtf is this sht?? 

580 posts
1,587 battles

Did you not forget to make your daily blood sacrifice to RNGesus?? You should not forget about the daily blood sacrifice to RNGesus... Or have you taken the time to consider RNGesus to be your personal lord and savior??

160 posts
5,905 battles

One must keep sending political dissidents to the gulag and the hand of Stalin himself from hell will guide your shots true.

PS. Don't listen to those RNGesus worshippers and may the hand of Stalin guides your shot comrade! :hiding:

Edited by HeidimarieW

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

There was a nerf?

Damn, no one told me! My IGN BB's love to deal out citadels.

Perhaps offering those 12 goats on a nightly basis does help!

423 posts
3,175 battles

Did you not forget to make your daily blood sacrifice to RNGesus?? You should not forget about the daily blood sacrifice to RNGesus... Or have you taken the time to consider RNGesus to be your personal lord and savior??

[content removed]

Now I finally know why I always score very good at the day my fiancé becoming a rabid psychopath...

Inappropriate Content.  Post Edited. User Warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

I used to score alot of Citadels or High damage in my IJN BBs, but suddenly after the recent patch I cant even score a high damage even if all of my shots hit, sometimes they all miss even if its a perfectly lined shot. I even aimed below waterline and what I get? 5 hits for 3k damage at point blank? its even from a 410mm gun, wtf is this sht?? 

Thought they did a bug fix of armour/AP interaction - could account for your AP issues?

621 posts
2,271 battles

Thought they did a bug fix of armour/AP interaction - could account for your AP issues?

Pretty sure said bug fix was supposed to reduce the chances of such low damage rolls...

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

Pretty sure said bug fix was supposed to reduce the chances of such low damage rolls...

I thought it wasn't that simple but a fix on the way armour and AP were interacting...

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

At first they announced a nerf to AP, that it was now ineffective from 20kms + range, and advised bb captains to use HE (in our BB's, IKR?!).

Then they announced the "overpenetration" physics they have applied to the game, "Don't use AP on thinly armoured targets or it won't do any damage", (and again told BB captains to use HE in our BB's IKR?!).

Then they applied a patch and AP got completely messed up.

Then they applied a fix patch and now it's *"fixed".

I gotta wonder if these people have ever played a BB, you know when you aim at a DD because it appears, but you still have 10 seconds of reload, and it disappears so you aim to a BB, but then right when you can fire the dd reappears and is obviously the biggest threat to a BB, so you fire on it....with AP, WHY WHY? because 30 seconds to switch ammo types WITHOUT firing is dumber.

* (**)use of the word fixed is used liberally to possibly mean one or many of many other things, or the one thing mentioned.

**AP isn't fixed. ***Yet.

***use of the word yet is used liberally to possibly mean it may be *fixed in the future once it is established there are issues with the AP balancing in games. This may take super testers a very long time. After all, it's not as easy as releasing a weak entire German branch. Can't wait for the whole tree....

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

At first they announced a nerf to AP, that it was now ineffective from 20kms + range, and advised bb captains to use HE (in our BB's, IKR?!).

Then they announced the "overpenetration" physics they have applied to the game, "Don't use AP on thinly armoured targets or it won't do any damage", (and again told BB captains to use HE in our BB's IKR?!).

Then they applied a patch and AP got completely messed up.

Then they applied a fix patch and now it's *"fixed".

I gotta wonder if these people have ever played a BB, you know when you aim at a DD because it appears, but you still have 10 seconds of reload, and it disappears so you aim to a BB, but then right when you can fire the dd reappears and is obviously the biggest threat to a BB, so you fire on it....with AP, WHY WHY? because 30 seconds to switch ammo types WITHOUT firing is dumber.

* (**)use of the word fixed is used liberally to possibly mean one or many of many other things, or the one thing mentioned.

**AP isn't fixed. ***Yet.

***use of the word yet is used liberally to possibly mean it may be *fixed in the future once it is established there are issues with the AP balancing in games. This may take super testers a very long time. After all, it's not as easy as releasing a weak entire German branch. Can't wait for the whole tree....

Should be screened against DDs - it's supposed to be hard for BB to destroy a DD

248 posts

there was some weird changes after 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

the nagato seems similar,

but the amagi is almost impossible to get cits,

i usually use HE which seems to have much more impact,

until i am at medium range then AP.

I can be in ocean,

have a hit count of 122 [did it last night]

and not get one kill or one cit.

this would not even have been possible two weeks ago.

here's a question,

why is the tirpitz much harder to hit??

and why does it stay invisible so much of the time?

is it a premium ship thing?

Edited by fuzzjunky

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

here's a question,

why is the tirpitz much harder to hit??

is it a premium ship thing?

Why is the tirpitz much harder to hit??

- Tirpitz is really fast (easier to maneuver) and have multi layer armor so is very hard to pent

- Lower Surface detectability range i guess

423 posts
3,175 battles

^ you also got to account for that section of ships are saturated with damage or not, for I once read an article in here it said that if one section other than the citadel was saturated with damage from fire and stuffs, it would receive less damage than normal. Maybe it is.

Sign in to follow this