You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
coldbeer72

Pure Luck..or DD=OP

20 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,431 battles

Got the shits with the MM tonight so me and the boys decided to have a bit of a silly session.

J8bUTKJ.jpgYamato boys on our side were like WTF!~

Kudos to Jurai for a top result(Umikaze IS OP...we have proof...lol)

Was dodging torps like a legend in the Dresden(and survived).....the Shimikazes were actually running from me.

Match of the week.....on an otherwise very frustrsting day.

1,126 posts

with very high concealment and stealthy torpedoes.

I think when in good hand,  low tier IJNDD is capable enough to running around even in tier 10 battle ground,

Edited by PGM991

1,126 posts

^

^

^

I don't think put shimakaze torp into minekaze would be good,

I mean... torpedoes are still too visibility, I think I heard somewhere that torpedoes detection range is about... 10% of it's max range

shimakaze torp get detect at around... 2 km away (form 20 km range) while minekzaze torp get detect at around.... 700 meter away (from 7 km range) and both torp have same speed, no need to compete which one are much more harder to dodge.

oh, and minekaze with stealth camouflage have detectability only 6 km.

I maybe wrong though...

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

the problem with lower tier dd is they have insane reload for their torpedo. they are slow and has low damage but they are harder to detect than higher tier torpedo

basically

high tier IJN torpedo:

pro: higher damage output, fast, longer range

con: easier to spot, wide torpedo spread beyond 10km, very slow reloading time

lower tier IJN

pro: stealthier , faster reload

cons: low damage,slow (easier for ship with high maneuverability to evade them)

the problem with high tier ship is they have ridiculously high turning radius, slow rudder-shift time, poor acceleration and deceleration (because they are really huge ship and they slow to gain speed and harder for them to stop) there are module that offer faster ruddershift or faster acceleration and deceleration but most captain choose lower ruddershift time. either way, these module will offer no help at all against umikaze torpedo, since there's only few second to spot and react into them, and even if higher tier ship has higher HP pool, they will soon succumb to flooding damage can cause constant spam of umikaze torpedo.

and at that tier, umikaze has the highest concealment, she can spot and torpedo shimakaze without getting spotted at all.

tldr fast reload and stealty torpedo>>>>>fast moving, high damage and longer range torpedo.

1,126 posts

well, only good thing about IJNDD torpedoes in high tier is to scare enemy away/break their formation... not hitting them.

only way for torpedoes to hit is sheer luck + enemy carelessness, not much skill involve

I currently play hatsuharu, and she really give me an headache T T

I still love IJNDD though, just hope that she get her buff soon before I give up...

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

>no skill involve

LOL try again, higher tier IJN play is way harder than other DD play.

because of high spotting range and high reload time of torpedo, high tier IJN DD require lots of skill than just regular spamming, knowing where and when to use them affect whether they hit or miss the target.

back in CBT i saw IJN DD players at higher tier who know how to spread their torpedo properly. if they are fire below 10km range their spread are still thigh and with proper spread the enemy will force to take two or three torpedo. two or thee of these torpedo can cause lots of damage. 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

it is also good to know that you can manipulate the mm to get huge xp gains with your troll divisions.

it is also good to know we can all do this without penalty. Even the dresden did almost twice as good as the tirpitz, it shows all the new players that jump straight into tier 8-10 battles with a premium ship.

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

ZOMG IJN DD OP NERF PLX!

Seriously nice game guys!! Suprised the CVs didn't send one plane off to spot you for the enemy...

Tier 7+ IJN DDs need a buff that's for shizzle... I haven't heard the same about USN - is this due to smoke-invisi gunnery?

Every time I go up a tier in IJN DD I seriously wonder what I am getting as an 'upgrade'.

It's bizarre.

Yeah I know what you mean!
I'm actually of the opinion that there's only 3 good ones; 2, 4 and 6 and I'll explain why...

Tier 2 Umikaze is most ninja ship in game with 5.6km spotted and has amazing torps at 8km range and insane reload...
Tier 4 Isokaze is ninja torps to the bone, fast, 6.1km spotted range, 7km great torps.
Tier 6 Mutsuki I love... It's the last of the truly ninja DDs, with the 6.1-6.2km spotted range and 10km torps. (I run the 4x turret hull not the AA hull - **shudder** IJN DDs are not for AA...)
Tier 3 and 5 are basically just 'upped' versions of the predecessors... I am sorry peeps, but a Minekaze is just a fast, slightly better hulled version of an Isokaze. Why would I give up my machine-gun ninja torps of my Umikaze (which also have better range) for the Wakatake?

Everything from Tier 7 and up all I've heard is awful things about due to a myriad of things. So I stopped at Tier 6 and focused on my IJN CAs...

1,126 posts

currently, I think IJNDD are in 'reverse' state.

the 'correct' one should be like this :

tier 1 wakatake spot range 9km and then keep reducing when moving upper tier until tire 10 shimakaze spot range 6 km.

tier 1 torpedoes spot range 2km and then keep reducing when moving upper tier until tire 10 shimakaze torpedoes spot range 700m

and so something like that... it's just a example though,

what I try to conclude is...

DD are paper ship rely on stealth, increase in size or armor or gun doesn't mean it superior then previous one, increase in stealth and torp does.

168 posts
5,687 battles

I'm actually of the opinion that there's only 3 good ones; 2, 4 and 6 and I'll explain why...

Tier 2 Umikaze is most ninja ship in game with 5.6km spotted and has amazing torps at 8km range and insane reload...

Tier 4 Isokaze is ninja torps to the bone, fast, 6.1km spotted range, 7km great torps.

Tier 6 Mutsuki I love... It's the last of the truly ninja DDs, with the 6.1-6.2km spotted range and 10km torps. (I run the 4x turret hull not the AA hull - **shudder** IJN DDs are not for AA...)

Tier 3 and 5 are basically just 'upped' versions of the predecessors... I am sorry peeps, but a Minekaze is just a fast, slightly better hulled version of an Isokaze. Why would I give up my machine-gun ninja torps of my Umikaze (which also have better range) for the Wakatake?

Everything from Tier 7 and up all I've heard is awful things about due to a myriad of things. So I stopped at Tier 6 and focused on my IJN CAs...

agree.

The HP increases are insignificant.

Torpedo range over 10km seems irrelevant.

Torpedo  damage increases are offset by lower ROF

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

ZOMG IJN DD OP NERF PLX!

Seriously nice game guys!! Suprised the CVs didn't send one plane off to spot you for the enemy...

Tier 7+ IJN DDs need a buff that's for shizzle... I haven't heard the same about USN - is this due to smoke-invisi gunnery?

Exactly, must have been bad cv captain. I'm at tier 8 ijn dd and every single battle that has cv's, planes are sent to spot me, EVERY BATTLE< WITHOUT FAIL.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Exactly, must have been bad cv captain. I'm at tier 8 ijn dd and every single battle that has cv's, planes are sent to spot me, EVERY BATTLE< WITHOUT FAIL.

Your point?

you are in a DD, you are the CV's biggest threat, best way to counter the threat is to keep you lit, and hope the team will/can deal with you.

ne t battle turn your AA back on, and or sail back towards you cruisers, drag the planes into their AA