You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

So what's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you in World of Warboats?

33 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

HELLO LADIES and GENTS! THANKS FOR OPENING THIS THREAD

Incompetent players and/or freak circumstances... Love em or Hate em, they are an undeniable part of any MMO experience and will not be going away soon or at all... Whether we won or lost and/or sank and took the mouse and keyboard on a sub-orbital trajectory, it's always healthy to look back at these tales and just laugh it off... :teethhappy:

Most of us might already know of the tale of a certain CV player who refused to move his boat because he doesn't have to because he's a Carrier and has planes... So, what's yours??

I'll start off with mine... It was in the Two Brothers map in my Miyogi and my team (from the South) was getting pushed back and getting our a**es handed over so I had to book it by going north through the narrows in the center... While I was retreating I was being pelted with HE fire but I managed to reach the northern mouth (with barely 1000HP) only to find a low health enemy cruiser waiting. We were directly broadsides at each other so I turned my guns to him and opened a salvo which didn't kill him :ohmy:... and I knew that was it because it takes 30secs for the next round and my secondaries were not hitting enough... When suddenly I noticed a friendly DD(or was it a cruiser) was right directly behind the enemy and opened a torpedo salvo which killed him... and I just had to type a Thank you:teethhappy: to the player for the save... Just while I was still typing I just noticed that he didn't fire 1 salvo but 3 and just when I hit Enter... *BOOM!!blublublublub*...He even replied "You're welcome" after that... Not mad though, I was more dumbstruck as to how the heck did that happen? :amazed:

giphy.gif

So that's it... Now to you guys! What's your story???

Edited by Kreigg

32 posts
1,587 battles

HELLO LADIES and GENTS! THANKS FOR OPENING THIS THREAD

Incompetent players and/or freak circumstances... Love em or Hate em, they are an undeniable part of any MMO experience and will not be going away soon or at all... Whether we won or lost and/or sank and took the mouse and keyboard on a sub-orbital trajectory, it's always healthy to look back at these tales and just laugh it off... :teethhappy:

Most of us might already know of the tale of a certain CV player who refused to move his boat because he doesn't have to because he's a Carrier and has planes... So, what's yours??

I'll start off with mine... It was in the Two Brothers map in my Miyogi and my team (from the South) was getting pushed back and getting our a**es handed over so I had to book it by going north through the narrows in the center... While I was retreating I was being pelted with HE fire but I managed to reach the northern mouth (with barely 1000HP) only to find a low health enemy cruiser waiting. We were directly broadsides at each other so I turned my guns to him and opened a salvo which didn't kill him :ohmy:... and I knew that was it because it takes 30secs for the next round and my secondaries were not hitting enough... When suddenly I noticed a friendly DD(or was it a cruiser) was right directly behind the enemy and opened a torpedo salvo which killed him... and I just had to type a Thank you:teethhappy: to the player for the save... Just while I was still typing I just noticed that he didn't fire 1 salvo but 3 and just when I hit Enter... *BOOM!!blublublublub*...He even replied "You're welcome" after that... Not mad though, I was more dumbstruck as to how the heck did that happen? :amazed:

giphy.gif

So that's it... Now to you guys! What's your story???

Guess your ship got scuttled, lol,

i was on my zuiho and it was late game where a dd was chasing after me, it got to the point we were in CQC, i noticed that a torp spread was heading towards be but the triangles were blue, i thought it was a bug, and it dawned on me that earlier i had send my TB to hit the dd and i forgot about them, but i died before my own torps hit me, lol

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

5 minutes into the battle. Using a Mutsuki... Spotted a full health Atago, 9 km away. Fired all of my torps. The Atago managed to dodge them all... Except one... Boom!!!! [player] received "Detonation". I received "Devastating Strike"... Hell Yeah! 6 mins later... Fired a salvo of torps randomly into a small gap... Received "Double Strike"... Holy F***ing Vadim!...

423 posts
3,175 battles

we need to summon Kriegg with less G to answer this question...

and that's the funniest thing I've ever encounter in Boats...

580 posts
1,587 battles

Guess your ship got scuttled, lol,

i was on my zuiho and it was late game where a dd was chasing after me, it got to the point we were in CQC, i noticed that a torp spread was heading towards be but the triangles were blue, i thought it was a bug, and it dawned on me that earlier i had send my TB to hit the dd and i forgot about them, but i died before my own torps hit me, lol

Well I guess you love your boat so much I guess it's kind of a "I'd rather sink my own ship rather than someone else" thing... :)

5 minutes into the battle. Using a Mutsuki... Spotted a full health Atago, 9 km away. Fired all of my torps. The Atago managed to dodge them all... Except one... Boom!!!! [player] received "Detonation". I received "Devastating Strike"... Hell Yeah! 6 mins later... Fired a salvo of torps randomly into a small gap... Received "Double Strike"... Holy F***ing Vadim!...

Now there's a real "Blind Fire" moment right here! :playing:

we need to summon Kriegg with less G to answer this question...

and that's the funniest thing I've ever encounter in Boats...

:teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

Edited by Kreigg

331 posts
17,077 battles

I was in my Zuiho  and most of my planes are shot down and there aren't many ships around and the enemy bogue and langely are camping over me with their fighters. when i spot a ship coming into view decide to run  until i notice that its the langley. I turn my CV around launch the last of my planes and charge at the langley sink him with secondaries. get close quarters expert award.

724 posts
2,174 battles

Was in my Fuso,playing on North,facing an enemy Aoba,he's going broadside to broadside with me...

[Enemy] : noob fuso

*full salvo on the enemy Aoba*

*3 citadel hits*

"Enemy cruiser destroyed!"

xDave1337x "Devastating Strike"

xDave1337x "Confederate"

[xDave1337x] : Sorry,you were saying?

3im8oUi.gif?1

*Insert sick air horn and dubstep drop here*

Edited by xDave1337x

51 posts
1,163 battles

The Destroyer Run

2 mutsukis and a minekaze end up behind enemy lines and chase down the carrier

we managed to sink her after surviving countless air raids and rain from pursuing CAs

we did not make it back alive after completing the mission though.

it was in the map like two brothers but smaller.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,875 battles

Was in a game on  zuhio where I had lost all my planes and I mean all...we were ahead of points and I was the only survivor at full hp...noticed a furutaka closing in so I set the direction on waypoint so he cant finish me while I left because I had to do some errand irl...stand up when I realized the furutaka has only 200HP left...sat down and started to manually control my ship evading his salvos...and moving towards his position while taking more fire, repaired with hp left not enough to stand a torp...he torped and luckily I managed to dodged em in between....he tried to salvo but mostly missed, probably was panic unexpecting...I got in range and pew pew pew secondary fired sinking him...press Enter, press Tab and typed HAHAHAHAHAHA...game ended and we won lol...

Other than that Ive seen a "battle CV" in two brothers who went ahead of me like he was a CA, I was baffled lol

Beta Tester
215 posts
164 battles

There was a time where I was in my Fletcher and my div-mate, who was in a Fubuki, was engaging a CA at close range while hiding in his own smoke. The CA was desperate to get him and went closer to his smoke. I made my approach to help him and as I thought his smoke is about to fade and he began accelerating away, I launched my torpedoes at the direction where the guide dictated the CA will get hit and it was also the direction where my div-mate was.

There I realized that my presumptions were wrong, his smoke was not really fading and he was still stationary. But more importantly, I killed the CA and saved my div-mate being killed by the enemy.... by killing him first. And my div-mate was Saito-Himea. :trollface:

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

There was a time where I was in my Fletcher and my div-mate, who was in a Fubuki, was engaging a CA at close range while hiding in his own smoke. The CA was desperate to get him and went closer to his smoke. I made my approach to help him and as I thought his smoke is about to fade and he began accelerating away, I launched my torpedoes at the direction where the guide dictated the CA will get hit and it was also the direction where my div-mate was.

There I realized that my presumptions were wrong, his smoke was not really fading and he was still stationary. But more importantly, I killed the CA and saved my div-mate being killed by the enemy.... by killing him first. And my div-mate was Saito-Himea. :trollface:

I can still remember that vividly. >:l

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

One of the few funny event that happen to me was when I was in a div with Syanda and Halken Sky in my Minekaze.

Game started on Two Brothers, and I decided to sneak up on the enemy through the middle after our planes spotted their fleet heading one direction. As I got close to the middle, I prepared for any sudden encounter with enemy destroyers who was trying the same. I was right, not one but TWO destroyers came up the middle from the other team.

Me: "OMG FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!"

Windforce launched all 3 salvos of torpedoes at the incoming destroyers.

Both destroyers split east and west.

The one who split east took the full brunt of the torpedo salvo and died.

The one who split west got him/herself stuck at the side of the passage.

With my torpedoes still on reload, knowing he was going to torpedo me sooner or later, I shouted: "RAMMING SPEED"

He/she was probably too shocked to shoot as he/she never fired a shot.

And so I sailed full speed into the side of the other destroyers, blowing it up, and I survived cause I was a higher tier destroyer.

Windforce : Received "Die Hard"

(I forgot what else I did after that but I think I managed to sink another ship before dying)

Syanda and Halken were laughing like crazy and the enemy was facepalming saying "Noob DD"

295 posts
501 battles

in my Cleveland

saw a Mogami just over a island, range 7km circling.

speed up and turn into her, switch to AP, approaching fast, and when I am close in to 5 km....

fires full salvo of 6" AP to her citadel, 4 citadel hit and 6 penetration, loose 70% of her health

she return fire, all have low damage.:trollface:

fires another full salvo after reload, killed! :izmena:  

saw a mutsuki, and I beached, 

she fires torpedo while I am backing up

I switch to full speed ahead fast, and hard to starboard

dodged all the torps (closest torp is near 3-4m at my stern):B *dat skill+ reaction*

switched to HE while I am dodging, fires 3 salvo of back gun, *kill secured* :bajan:

saw enemy fubuki, fire 2-3 salvo of all 12 gun at her, bring her down to 1/10 health, but she escaped, got sunk later

and than another DD, bring down her health to ~1000, and than burn her to death 

after 20sec, I turn in back to where I beached, engage a Nagato 1v1, nearly kill her and game ends 

of course :medal::medal::medal:, best game in WOWS

295 posts
501 battles

another match in Fuso:

saw a Kuma.... full salvo of AP.....TAE!!!!!!!! *killed in one salvo :izmena:*

saw a furuka right after i killed that prro Kuma..... full salvo of AP.....TAE!!!!!!!! *killed in one salvo again*

than a poor Kongo run up here :trollface: 

duel with her, killed her in 3 salvo :teethhappy:

Fuso board-side king, OP confirmed :popcorn:

Edited by yanyatcheng

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,875 battles

Also...

Mostly when Im about to initiate a ram I will shout "WITNESS ME!!!"

Best ram was yesterday 2 Die Hard on my Fuso LOL, had a bizarre game which my team didnt even care the enemy was capping our base and Im the one only left near base...Saw a Karlsruhe, decided to ram him on my full HP...didnt die...then I saw a DD...I was like.. Oh -shi...but then...he was like not moving....so head to him...healed up and WITNESS ME again!!! Didnt die...saw a Kuma ...decided to try ram him too...but then he killed me haha...fun game!!

witness%20me%20mediocre.jpg

Witness%20Me%20again.jpg

423 posts
3,175 battles

the weirdest thing I've ever done is firing HE from my battleship New Mexico, for I've just gotta shake off a DD earlier to the enemy Fuso...

Next thing I know is once I load AP to deal with another Pepsi-Cola and succeeded, I got double strike...

Fearless on my...

Breath...

And I was listening to this song, TeamSpeaking as crazy and this lucky double strike hits... Nice...
And obvious that this Fuso guy is focus on using "Incoming Alert" rather than spending on High Alert skill...

406 posts
6,287 battles

See a friend in a Kongo on the opposite team - 21 Km out, I'm in my Colorado - send up the Scout Plane and start a little smack talk in Chat:

Me: 'Give me your Citadels - I have some fresh AP loaded for you'

Friend: 'witty retort'

(Fire a full salvo)

3 Citadels! (he just avoided getting insta-sunk)

Friend: 'Hey Demon! That's just not Cricket!'

(he then turned tail and ran away to try and repair)