Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
spider4929

Corrupt game files...

6 comments in this topic

33 posts
2,895 battles

Issue: Corrupted game files

Screenshot: Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

Severity: Cannot log-in to the game/server.

Details: When I tried to play today, I suddenly had the problem that I can't enter the game (after clicking Connect!, it's just stuck in the WoWS logo with a blue circle spinning). Then I had a notification that there is a corrupt file in the game. What is this file? Can I fix this by replacing it with a non-corrupt file? Please give me solutions other than downloading the entire game because I don't have a fast internet connection.

Edited by spider4929

33 posts
2,895 battles

do you have the error message?

The game doesn't show an error message. Just the notification on the bottom-right corner.

you can try fresh reinstall if you like

By fresh reinstall, do you mean I have to uninstall and download the entire game? I'm trying to avoid that since it will take me a lot of time before I can download the entire game.

Edited by spider4929

33 posts
2,895 battles

I did a check disk recently and the file was erased. Is it possible for someone to upload this file so I can download that file and replace the erased one?

33 posts
2,895 battles

Solved it!

Looks like the file "updaters.pyc" can be found in the PATCH files. I opened them using 7-zip then searched for the file and lastly copied and pasted it where the corrupted one is. 

580 posts
1,587 battles

I was about to say to re-download it again despite the pain of it all but I'm glad to know you solved the problem with little effort...

Sign in to follow this