You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
troubled_1

Limit chat spamming messages by number per seconds

8 comments in this topic

2 posts
240 battles

In the game has been added a handful and fun feature which is the ability to chat message with your team with nice scripts like "have fun, have a good game, we need help etc, etc,".

Just today during 2 different games two kids in particular sent something like around 20-30 messages in a few seconds followed by some others and the other game was pretty similar.

Unfortunately stupid kids are abusing this feature and are spamming the chat.

This cause me to became irritated and unable to concentrate on the game SO I'm looking for a way to STOP the chat and ENJOY the game.

Any suggestion?

PS: if any user here "thinks" that spamming in chat is acceptable, please "refrain" from replaying here and GO have fun somewhere else!

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,874 battles

You can use the report user spamming in chat function in game by pressing Tab then hold Control button and move your mouse to the said offender, right click, go to Report user and select Misbehavior in Chat...

Though Im not sure if WG do take care of these report and ban them.

On another note I think WG too is looking into the hotkey chat from their survey mailed to your email and you can submit your response and suggestion there...

For the time being...perhaps disabling the Voice Key sound in Sound Option tab would help...I disabled mine the first time Ive heard it...we can still be aware by any request from teammates by looking at the chat box.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

You can use the report user spamming in chat function in game by pressing Tab then hold Control button and move your mouse to the said offender, right click, go to Report user and select Misbehavior in Chat...

Though Im not sure if WG do take care of these report and ban them.

On another note I think WG too is looking into the hotkey chat from their survey mailed to your email and you can submit your response and suggestion there...

For the time being...perhaps disabling the Voice Key sound in Sound Option tab would help...I disabled mine the first time Ive heard it...we can still be aware by any request from teammates by looking at the chat box.

Those reports are automated. If a certain number of players report someone for misbehaviour in chat, that person will get an automated mute.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,874 battles

Those reports are automated. If a certain number of players report someone for misbehaviour in chat, that person will get an automated mute.

Thank you for your explanation, now instead of reporting alone might aswell ask the others to do it too so that offender will be auto muted.

103 posts
3,940 battles

Now that I know that's what happens, I'll start having a zero tolerance on spamming with the F keys. I know I can spam the F-keys, but I do it constructively - if there's 3 enemies near each other, of course I want to help the team pool their fire and rain shells on the targets.

However, there needs to be a cooldown like in WoT as you cannot send another quick message for 5 seconds (the messenger system says "Command suspended for 5.0 seconds" last time I checked). This would greatly benefit all the players, and save people's eardrums.