You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moganite

MM is broken for T4 BBs

16 comments in this topic

331 posts
17,087 battles

I am sick of getting stuck in a T6 battle when i am in division with other T4 Battleships. It means that all T4 BBs are a liability as they will have T6s as the counter parts on the other side.shot-15.11.20_11.56.43-0875_zpsqna0goru.

This is a regular occurrence and occurs whenever we take out T4 BBs together. It also occurs when I use  a T4  BB on its own.

Now according to the wiki this should not occur as BBs at Tier 4 should have +1 MM and not +2 MM.

112 posts
1,431 battles

indeed, Will confirm it with the second last match we just had.

9jXIxAm.jpg

This is becoming beyond a joke.

We run with a mixed team generally gives no problems....but all BBs...yeah, not fun.

331 posts
17,087 battles

I didn't choose the BB life, the BB life chose me

Unfortunately, we all went through it (it was worse in CBT, I may recall tier 3 BB's even got tier 6 games)

That is irrelevant because this is what The match making should be like

050mm.png

Source: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_%28WoWS%29

Edited by Moganite

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

There are two parts to this problem, 1 is the obvious facing tier 6 bbs when its not supposed to match you with them, but the main problem is when the teams are picked it seems to constantly give higher tier bb (and usually extra bb) to the enemy team. The MM should be able to make a better match with the ships already chosen when distributing them between teams. Example Coldbeer's pic, 3 x tier 6 and 1x tier 5 vs 1 tier 5 and 3 x tier 4 ...   when this happens in 90% of the matches you have to admit something is not right.   "Its always done this" doesn't make it right.

[LYNMF]
7 posts
5,735 battles

i have no problem with tier matching

but two tier 4 BB meeting four tier 6 BB is a doom match-up

unless torps saves the day...

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Oh, look, WG still can't make competent MM.

And you're all surprised why, exactly?

There's also the possibility that the premium tier 4 BB in fact gets up to +2 MM, as it was released after that chart and it does have 12 main guns.

Even should that be the case, however, it doesn't excuse a battle where the enemy gets 3 tier 6 BBs while the other has a single tier 6 DD. THAT battle is simply a product of bad design, but that's been true of MM from WG for as long as I've played their games (started around Aug 2010).

p.s. queue all the usual excuses for MM...

1,230 posts
2,397 battles

lol I don't care MM, I can score a hit or even keel any sheep I want to, relying on my aiming skills, the problem is i always go too front, duh~

unless it's kitakami-san back in a KUMA!!! Battle :p

Edited by Conkhead_12

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

That is irrelevant because this is what The match making should be like

That chart hasn't been updated to include the Imperator Nikolai I which gets full +2 MM (same as T4 DD/CLs)

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

ok .. so Nikolai gets +2 MM ... WHY? its slow and has bad range in comparison to other BB it will face who can also dictate the range due to being faster ...

I would have liked to have known that before I paid CASH for it .. seems its different to other BB at tier 4 then .. should be disclosed.

Also note that at tier 4 and 5 there are often 2 cv per team .. oh and Nikolai with no AAA .. let alone tier 6 cv with its extra torpedo goodness all coming for the tier 4 bb

A plus 2 MM lets it get into tier 6 battles, but for some reason MM is treating the Nikolai as a tier 6, not just for matching. Its a tier 4 in a 6 match not a tier 6 in a 6 match. Almost every battle has sat tier 6 BB across from the Nikolai (and any one in div as a 4 BB) when it could easily share the tier 6 bb across both teams .. why?

48 posts
1,729 battles

It's rare for us to get a co-tier +1/-1 MM when we are in divisions than going solo. The chances of getting a co-tier is high when you play alone, or perhaps you are not of the same tiers of the same class as it seems the MM is trying to compensate everywhere in every tier in every class, ending up in mismatched, lousy games.

We actually had a match where we do not even have a DD, and the opposing team had 5 of them!! :ohmy: outrageous!

331 posts
17,087 battles

Other T4 BBs are not affected I have done an experiments and they are fine but the Imperator Nikolai ends up in T6 battles continuously.

If you co tier a  ship that  has+1 MM with another of the same tier  that has +2 MM you have the the same sort of result possible

This affects:

T2 and T3 DDs

T3 and T4 BBs

T4 and T5 CVs

The DD imbalance thing where 1 team gets 5 and the other gets one or none is also ridiculous

95 posts
1,563 battles

lol I don't care MM, I can score a hit or even keel any sheep I want to, relying on my aiming skills, the problem is i always go too front, duh~

unless it's kitakami-san back in a KUMA!!! Battle :p

As you I have the same problem but I think it should be one tier up and down it's unfair to put 2 tiers up ships with 2 tier s down ships.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

WG has possibly carried over their awful 'weight' system in the MM from WoT. If the premmy ship has a higher MM weight then it is more likely to have 'poor' MM v other tier 4 ships of a lesser MM weight. Of course I don't know this for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I wrote a lengthy post about MM back in closed beta based on lessons from WoT and what might arguably constitute an 'ideal' MM. The only comments it received were ones saying there wasn't anything to add as it pretty much nailed it.

WG deleted  it along with every other piece of constructive feedback and unresolved bug when the game was 'released'.