You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
momotxdi

It's time to buff des moines

89 comments in this topic

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
21 posts
6,512 battles

First impression :203 Canon x9 with agc,rate up to 90 per min ,and nice armor ,strong aa ,I can't find a better ca !

After playing a few battles:omg I don't know how to play it at all !Though fire quickly ,the trajectory just like aa guns (Remind me cleveland ..  ),you may say no one could  against dm in 10km,but in fact noone want to approach you excpet some lost atagos.when I litted up ,all of enemy ships will concentrate on me ,seems they hate dm more than shimakaze ..

Then I check my statistics of dm ,wr 42%,ad 64000,compare with average and zao ,well I have to say :dm really need buff !!!

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

the only advantage of zao i can see is its ap shell that can penetrate battleship armor even using only ap zao guns has no problem. its torpedo are highly situational. while des moines high rate of fire is really insane, she can melts cruiser quickly with AP and battleship with HE+fires. IMO its not that des moines is weak, its just zao is quite OP.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

the only advantage of zao i can see is its ap shell that can penetrate battleship armor even using only ap zao guns has no problem. its torpedo are highly situational. while des moines high rate of fire is really insane, she can melts cruiser quickly with AP and battleship with HE+fires. IMO its not that des moines is weak, its just zao is quite OP.

You forget to mention that Zao have better shells characteristic (better velocity, better firing arc, dealing more HE damage per shell) it have more guns and comparable AAA (Des Moines still better but not by far)

Most of the time i saw that Zao will out gun Des Moines not even have to mention about torpedoes :D:D:D

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

oh wait, did they change des moines gun arch? i haven't meet des moines for a long time. the last time i saw her, she was still performing great.

Its as same as New Orleans and Baltimore from what heard cannot really confirm that because i don't have any of it, but none of them have the same shells characteristic as IJN cruiser which will be more favorables for most player :D:D:D

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
21 posts
6,512 battles

I want Des moines to have a minor survivability buff.

just leave the guns alone

In fact ,wg buff 2cm armor for it versions before ,but only I can see is that dm is easier hit by 460mm,rather 1480 :(

1,230 posts
2,387 battles

lel,, SRSLY???

buff DM = buff what section

if you buff shell arc then it's citadel spammer, which would make ZAO UP

I fall into the bait

Edited by Conkhead_12

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

than cut the range to 15km,like Atlanta ....you know wg style 

Which might seem to be reasonable, because Des Moines shell velocity are not that fast and in close range it won't affect much which will boost the ship to be the best close quarters fighter of the class, anyways i don't have Des Moines and im noob cruiser player so don't take my opinion too serious :D:D:D

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

One thing that everyone has to agree. After Cheatland at tier VI, all cruisers of the USN are pretty UP compared to their Japanese counterparts. Especially Pensacola. Gosh... Pensa is just terrible. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

One thing that everyone has to agree. After Cheatland at tier VI, all cruisers of the USN are pretty UP compared to their Japanese counterparts. Especially Pensacola. Gosh... Pensa is just terrible. 

Pensacola isnt actually THAT bad.

Its the switch from 150-155mm to 203mm that makes you feel uncomfortable.

You then put the uncomfortable feelings linking them to the Pensacola.

And also we're spoilt by the Cheatland.

1,230 posts
2,387 battles

up
Pepsicola actually packed a punch

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

No really... I got my New Orleans during CBT. And of course... I've been through the Pensacola. Didn't like it back then... Now i've just got the Pensa again... Still couldn't like it. The rate of fire is a huge disappointment. The armor is ridiculously weak... AA? Worse than Cheatland.

Agree that the guns are quite punchy... 

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

My problems about Pensacola are like this:

*le me sailing around

*le me found da lone Battleship "hmm.. i should spam this guy some HE  it should be super effective!!!"

*le me aiming my gun 

BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!$@^*^%$#@&!!!!!

TOOK 3 CITADEL CRITICAL DAMAGE OVER 999999999999 THOUSAND!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OGM

yea so i go back to port and crying :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

My problems about Pensacola are like this:

*le me sailing around

*le me found da lone Battleship "hmm.. i should spam this guy some HE  it should be super effective!!!"

*le me aiming my gun 

BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!$@^*^%$#@&!!!!!

TOOK 3 CITADEL CRITICAL DAMAGE OVER 999999999999 THOUSAND!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OGM

yea so i go back to port and crying :D:D:D

So you offered yourself to a battleship and was delivered presents?

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
21 posts
6,512 battles

No really... I got my New Orleans during CBT. And of course... I've been through the Pensacola. Didn't like it back then... Now i've just got the Pensa again... Still couldn't like it. The rate of fire is a huge disappointment. The armor is ridiculously weak... AA? Worse than Cheatland.

Agree that the guns are quite punchy... 

However ,pensa still have the best 203 in USN ca .Besides,bad concealment ,core areas are all over the ship .Even Wg put it in tier VI that's fine .. 

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

The problem with the Pensacola is her battleship grade concealment (15.7km!). Buff that, and she'll be far more survivable.

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
21 posts
6,512 battles

The problem with the Pensacola is her battleship grade concealment (15.7km!). Buff that, and she'll be far more survivable.

another problem is that pensa is easy to kill ,so if you are found ,shell will fly to you like rainning,like dm .Wait a minute ,are we talking about dm ?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

it would be nice for tier 7 and above american cruiser to have damage repair ability. 

i like pensacola over myouko, she has fast turning guns which allows me to shoot while dodging and engage multiple target at once. her shell is more than enough to me to make a short work to IJN cruisers and destroyers.