Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

how skill 'incoming fire alert' work?

10 comments in this topic

1,124 posts

basic explanation are 'An indicator is displayed when shells are fired at your ship that have a travel time greater than six seconds.'

but how does it work actually?

it look simple, but when I try to think about it.... it pretty complex

I'll split into a few point that I wonder

--assume all ship in my sample have this skill---

-1- does 'locking target' have anything to do with this skill?

-2- If I fire upon unlocking target, will he receive this warning? or...

-3- only if someone being locked and being fire upon can receive this warning?

example, if two ship stay close together, and I fire a salvo while only locking one of them but surely both ship are in shell landing area,

-4- will both ship receive this warning? or only ship that I locked?

-5- if those shell are bad aim (like... it's gonna miss for sure mile away) will I still receive this warning?

-------------------------

my theory 2 are

If 'locking target' don't have anything to do with this skill..... it's mean only way system know that I being fire at is...

when someone fire a shell, system will automatic calculate landing area of those shell, and system also calculate leading of my ship that where I am in next 6+ second

if my leading are match with shell landing area, I will get warning, and everyone that have leading match those shell landing area too

right?

-----------------------------------------------

personally, this skill are pretty important when I play cruiser who tend to get snipe from Battleship, 6 second should be a nick of time for CA to dodge those shell. so I want to know how exactly it work.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

As far as I can tell from using it on my Karlsuck, as long as you are locked on by an enemy ship, and they fire at you or rather, in your general direction, you will get the warning (as long as shell time is 6+ seconds).

I guess the skill is more a warning that you are being fired upon and you should start taking evasive action.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Yes, the skill does depend on the enemy having a target lock on you, however it doesn't matter whether or not his guns are in fact pointed at you. The enemy can target you and shoot in a completely different direction, but your Incoming Fire Alert will still kick in (provided it still meets the 6s requirement).

If the enemy does not have target lock but fires at your direction anyway (or fires at you while target lock is on a different player), the Alert will not kick in. However, there is a dispersion penalty when shooting without a target lock.

1,124 posts

Yes, the skill does depend on the enemy having a target lock on you, however it doesn't matter whether or not his guns are in fact pointed at you. The enemy can target you and shoot in a completely different direction, but your Incoming Fire Alert will still kick in (provided it still meets the 6s requirement).

If the enemy does not have target lock but fires at your direction anyway (or fires at you while target lock is on a different player), the Alert will not kick in. However, there is a dispersion penalty when shooting without a target lock.

Ah ha!  Thanks!

that's why.... huh

remember there's was a time when I play DD and sailing pass my teammate cruiser, and without warning without being spot... got hit at citadel. (my DD have both situation awareness and incoming fire alert)

that bullet was a stray bullet aim at cruiser not me.

hmm... guess it was just a bad luck

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I have it in my BB ... if shell gonna land anywhere near you no matter it locked to you or not, the warning will appear ... even it lock friendly near you it still warn you

many time that enemy cruiser is shooting at friendly ship .. I can tell it clealy bacause enemy rate of fire raining on him but when I got near him, skill activate and warn me even enemy still raining on him

1,124 posts

I have it in my BB ... if shell gonna land anywhere near you no matter it locked to you or not, the warning will appear ... even it lock friendly near you it still warn you

many time that enemy cruiser is shooting at friendly ship .. I can tell it clealy bacause enemy rate of fire raining on him but when I got near him, skill activate and warn me even enemy still raining on him

wait... what??

what about that amade said?

[PANTS]
[PANTS]
21 posts
6,470 battles

I'm not sure ,sometimes when I'm in a fleet receive incoming fire ,actually the shell is attack my alliance which just near me

103 posts
3,940 battles

Yeah, I've had the "incoming" alert appear when a ship was locked onto me but firing in another direction. I think it's more so a general "hey, we might be under fire..." and you should really zoom out and watch the tracers incoming.

22 posts
27 battles

Its a really useful perk along with situational destroyers especially American ones and maybe higher tier Russians(haven't played them yet, don't wanna go through the lower tiers). It allows you to keep pummeling the enemy with your guns and still gives you enough time to maneuver when they fire at you(unless your at extremely close range which you shouldn't be and should be using your torps anyway)

Sign in to follow this