You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Win Rate vs Stats = Frustration

27 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I’m still enjoying the game as it is. I’ve been around since day one (318 posts on the NA forums before the split) of the game. I fully understand the mechanics, what to do and more importantly - the 'what nots' to do.  

Unfortunately, long term, what’s eventually going to drive me away from the game is my stats being disproportionate to win rate. In fact, I think my WR would be about the same if I played every game AFK. Looking at other players with similar game experience and battles (you are one of them dead_man_walking haha :hiding:) many of them have 5% to 10% (or more) higher WR than me. This doesn’t surprise me because so many games I, repeatedly, lose are a lollapalooza of every type of idiocy possible. This ranges from tools dropping torps willy-nilly in front of friendlies, TK’ing at the start of the game, people not watching the mini-map, people trying to chase down enemy ships they will never catch instead of capping, etc. etc. etc……. The most frustrating part about losing time and time again is that I am almost always at the very top of my losing teams XP and damage scores. I can’t be the only player in this leaky boat.

Other than giving the top two or three players on the losing team, credits and XP, as if they were winners, I don’t see any solution to this problem. "Git Gud" doesn't apply. I platoon heaps, so that doesn't apply either.

It’s a ways down the track, but I think when my premium account time concludes so possibly will my interest in the game. It’s frustrating enough with premium. I don’t see how (and BTW, salute you at the same time :honoring:) you guys without premium keep going.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

I know how you feel, sir. But i don't really care about win rate tho. I care about the kill/death ratio, which is more important. A noob can have high winrate if he is lucky enough to get thrown into matches which his teammates are highly skilled. But sometimes, i do feel it frustrating when you see a massive dumbass who throws away an easy victory and 70 capture points by getting out the cap circle to chase an enemy carrier 15 km away... And the enemy wins by cap.

But, just "keep calm and carry the team" is my motto. I always end up being in the top 3... Vadim blesses me. And my win rate is also improving. From 48% to current 52%

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10314-a-guide-to-influence/

You might want to read this and for some pointers on the philosophy that your post cites. What is influence, how to wield influence, etc. etc.

Edited by Haku

580 posts
1,587 battles

I really care little about stats... They're just numbers anyway... but I do feel for you when you have [content removed] on your team... I now don't see a necessity to win every match, I just want good scores to help me get to the next Tier and idiot players like the ones mentioned make the game feel like a chore rather than something enjoyable... And good scores is usually giving yourself and your peak to the team, self sacrifice if need be...

I really wish there was a way to separate incompetent players... Like in that other title I tried years ago... AA (America's Army) where the requirement to play multiplayer was to go through a series of Class Specific "Classroom" sessions with written and practical exams at the end... The more exams you passed the more soldier classes you could play and customize your load-out in online multiplayer...

I sh*t you not those exams are hard... I couldn't even pass the Scout Ranger exam... only Squad Gunner, Medic, and Grenadier...

Derogatory Terms. Post edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I really care little about stats... They're just numbers anyway... but I do feel for you when you have [content removed] on your team... I now don't see a necessity to win every match, I just want good scores to help me get to the next Tier and idiot players like the ones mentioned make the game feel like a chore rather than something enjoyable... And good scores is usually giving yourself and your peak to the team, self sacrifice if need be...

I really wish there was a way to separate incompetent players... Like in that other title I tried years ago... AA (America's Army) where the requirement to play multiplayer was to go through a series of Class Specific "Classroom" sessions with written and practical exams at the end... The more exams you passed the more soldier classes you could play and customize your load-out in online multiplayer...

I sh*t you not those exams are hard... I couldn't even pass the Scout Ranger exam... only Squad Gunner, Medic, and Grenadier...

Well AA was meant to train US Army recruits.

We already have a way to sort incompetent players. It's called Ranked Battles. Look at how that did. If we do it any other way, it would be time-consumingly impractical for the game (as in AA's case), or we have someone with a toga and a wreath of olive leaves who just gives a thumbs up or thumbs down for every player on this server.

Oh Conana...

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If you want stats...

Me and Nisa regularly look for a 3rd person when we play World of Floatyboats.

Thanks mate. I'll add you to my friends list. I'm in Sydney so we should overlap quite a bit.

Thanks everyone else for their comments.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,825 posts
4,103 battles

Stats is everything to me i cannot live without it :(

Stats are fine.

Expectations are where the problem lies.

If you are good, you are good.  If you are bad, you are bad.    That's just the way it is with things.  We all cant be astronauts.

The problems begin when your expectations aren't realistic. 

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

If you play for stat, you must start division with your buddies from the very beginning so the more matches, level up tier ... the more experience and tactical awareness.

But if you not division-ing, don't hope getting a good stats ... for obvious reason, there always 'John Rambo' in your random teammate that feel him alone can destroy everything. OR, there's always "Ratatouille" in your random teammate that hide in first place and get out after everything are gone.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

I suffer no frustration from having incompetent team mates and I have a 98% win rate. Of course this in Co-Op mode! 

For me Co-Op mode is a lot like playing a round of golf, where I am playing as much against myself rather than against an opponent, or team mates for that matter. My aim is to do as much damage as possible. Now I would not suggest that I would use the same tactics in Co-Op as I would in pvp but the fundamental skills of landing your shots and being aware of your situation still apply.

I should also point out that I am not interested in grinding out Tier 10's because this isn't going to happen with the meagre rewards on offer in Co-Op, but I am enjoying the game more as I no longer have to worry about the other numpkins on my team ruining my fun. Also Co-Op games are much faster and I don't have to concentrate as much to do well. It's casual gaming at its best!

520 posts
11,124 battles

Well, as much as i try to enjoy the game as much as possible, i do have to admit, the urge for victory is now ever present when i play...(It should have been from the start).  And since my change in attitude towards playing, my stats have been steadily rising.  Specially with the help of good teamates in a division.  Not only do i learn more, i become more confident when playing solo.

honeslty, im rather proud of my Slowly rising Winrate. Lol... from 39 to 46 now... and still going up

Anyway, I understand what you mean Kreig, and i would probably feel the same way.... but....here is how i try to see things when I have a really bad loosing streak..

-  i play, coz i love ships

- i play because i love working in a team

- i play because i enjoy shootng things...(even if its online)

- i play because i love tactics and strategy.

Winrate and other stats, are a reflection of how much you like playing.... just a bonus, but not the Core of why I play:)

1,124 posts

since I don't plane to go beyond tier 7, (or rather, I can't grind that much)

I couldn't care about win or lose anymore, every battle end, I look only 'money'

good thing that money don't got win/lose penalty like xp......... right?

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,871 battles

Stats is good so that you can keep track of your performance...I would say...play more and find a way to keep yourself entertained when youre burnt out (I always go in lower tier battle in a CA and ask...How I can heal??? and wait for the answers...or sometime I would purposely shoot at those small villages by the islands RPGing that Im a big ship sent by the top brass to decimate these enemy settlements....fire few shots...giggle like a lil gurl...then go on with the game lol...)

...or go watch a movie or do some readings....then play in a while...also, try to get more ships and try more lines...you might find something that you're good with and enjoy with...but dont diverge too much and not train on certain specific skills...Imma BB player when I start which works for me...its slow it has high hp...I can heal and the guns are damaging...

I frankly hate DD...DD gameplay is too fast, how to torp how to shoot and how stay alive...but now with more games...I kinda able to tune myself better...last night I was lucky with 38 HP left after killed 2 ships early in the game and towards the end the enemy BB outnumbered us...and theres no way we can win...so I kinda told my team...u guys gotta keep them busy lure them away while I try to cap, parking myself beside a small island and saving my last smoke screen for any approaching BB...and everyone helped...we won the game as I popped my smoke when an enemy Kongo was about to get me on his visibility. it worked but if it isnt...oh well we tried...

But on a bad day lol...you just gotta move on with it...and to get back on topic...more games means more experience and slowly but surely your stats will started to reflect them....currently for the past 3 days...I havent been able to win a single game on my Furutaka lol...

160 posts
5,905 battles

Stats are fine.

If you are good, you are good.  If you are bad, you are bad.    That's just the way it is with things.  We all cant be astronauts.

This! Yes, the problem start with us starting to expect "better" results. Expectations are what we hope, what we ought to, ideally, so most of the time it will contradicts with reality. I tends not to expect much of it anyway. Sometimes it can better to be negative about it, don't expect anything thus removing your "expectation" then perhaps things would be better, or maybe?

In the end, everything is just meaningless... Nihilism intensifies = incoming existential crisis... :P

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Stats are fine.

Well actually i kinda make a bad joke there :D:D:D

I just love playing game and challenge my self, what i can make to improve, what i think i should do or should not do and how can i win or why i lose (but never blame teammate tho because it just about me i cannot make everyone think like me lol)

And stats is good number for tracking if i did good or not :P  

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Thanks everyone. I guess you just gotta blow off some steam with a forum rant every once in a while.

This will also make one feel better:

Untitled_2.jpg

520 posts
11,124 battles

Nice one ! Thats what we all want to see.... If you need an addidional division mate to help you with that winrate or accomplish objectives.... ive got a few extra DD/CL guns that can help:)

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,871 battles

Nice one...! keep it up and I saw someone said something like "Dont worry too much on bad game, move on and savor the game that you did well" couldnt recall who though lol

22 posts
27 battles

I don't really care about stats(you can check them up-their horrible)

But seriously

Isn't it to play for fun? Torps, torps, Destroyers murdering everything? Right?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I don't really care about stats(you can check them up-their horrible)

But seriously

Isn't it to play for fun? Torps, torps, Destroyers murdering everything? Right?

I was having Fun when my stats go up, I was having Fun when i know that my stats went down so i know that im doing somethings wrong so i can fix it, I was having Fun when im winning even i did't do anythings, I was having Fun when im  losing even i ended up with best score.

I playing game because i have Fun (otherwise i will just play another game lol), I challenge my self so i can add more exciting of what im doing, stats is the indicator for me to pursues my goal which is "getting better"

you can have it your own way, but thats my idea of playing the game "Dont you want to get better?" :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

22 posts
27 battles

I was having Fun when my stats go up, I was having Fun when i know that my stats went down so i know that im doing somethings wrong so i can fix it, I was having Fun when im winning even i did't do anythings, I was having Fun when im  losing even i ended up with best score.

I playing game because i have Fun (otherwise i will just play another game lol), I challenge my self so i can add more exciting of what im doing, stats is the indicator for me to pursues my goal which is "getting better"

you can have it your own way, but thats my idea of playing the game "Dont you want to get better?" :D:D:D

Nah. I love the life of a USN DD captain. Everything Fear me(exception being higher tier USN destroyers and some cruisers)

Maybe I should try getting better though

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Nah. I love the life of a USN DD captain. Everything Fear me(exception being higher tier USN destroyers and some cruisers)

Maybe I should try getting better though

Well i was USN DD player then Russian DD appear :D:D:D