Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Danaussie

Report Abusers of the Game?

16 comments in this topic

126 posts
2,722 battles

Hi guys,

Im a bit disheartened today about the certain players that seem to just come to cause trouble. I am trying my hardest to get the XP and Credits I need for my next ship, and keep running into troublemakers that spend all their time shooting at friendly players. I try to tell them to stop and then they come after me, is there any way I can report these players to the officials of the game and have them thrown off the server?

I have heard guys talking about reporting players before, who can I talk to?

Im sorry to complain, I just don't have time for this kind of immature behavior and would rather just report them secretly and have them thrown off.

Dan

Super Tester
1,310 posts

PM the mod.

syanda, dead_man_walking, etc

besure u profide(upload) the screenshot+replay file in the PM. 

and tell them what happen generally. 

and dont post the SS in the forum thread. u might be warned :teethhappy:

78 posts

Danaussie,

You need to have a replay of the said incident and Fwd that on to WG spt via a ticket,

no doubt other will respond to this too, hey just so you know try a search first to your request and you should get the answer that you need

Cheers:izmena:

Super Tester
527 posts
3,161 battles

You can also report using the in game features. 

First, go into your options, and on the last tab there is a tick box to enable the list of players to be displayed in game.

Once you have the list visible, you can hold down CTRL to get your cursor. Right click on the players name and you will have some options to report bad game play, or even compliment good game play.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Screenshots are fine for us to identify troublemakers, but replays are infinitely preferred.

Serial TKers require replays for investigation, screenshots alone are not enough.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Serial TKers require replays for investigation, screenshots alone are not enough.

Which most people do not switched on, since replays have not been officially added to the game yet!! Just saying.

Dan, send em our way and the Mods can help sort em, we don't want them here either

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Yes, you need to send in replays...that don't work as standard (as pointed out above), and, even if they did, I imagine support won't accept them as an attachment because that would make sense.

And then you'll get a reply that more or less says "thanks, you'll have no idea if we choose to do anything or not, because we get you to do all the work and don't pay you the courtesy of letting you know if it was at all worth it".

It's an astronomically bad process that pretty much breaks every principle of effective customer care and tells you pretty much everything you need to know about how seriously they take it. If anyone would like free advice on how it ought to work if you're a company that takes it seriously I'm happy to assist, given that's what I do for a living (consult with companies, that is). But, hey, who am I kidding? LOL.

Which is why I never bothered in WoT after a few examples, and why I'll never bother here.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

We, including WG, all know that those misbehaved players will spoil the gaming environment, thus that may sentence the game to death if such [content removed]  keeps growing without taking care. So the WG should take serious concern and preventive action on this issue while players also should help policing too...!!!!

In fact, the present complaint system is no way sufficient enough to cope with the growth of the game!!!

General insults. Warning issued. Content removed

Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

It's not at all hard to design an automated system that is able to wipe most TK/damage from the game. I proposed one that I suspect would have done the trick nicely, which isn't saying much as it's not hard. All you need do is ask yourself "Assuming I WANTED to do TK/damage regularly, what would it take to prevent me from doing so?" and go from there.

WG simply chooses not to. There is no other plausible conclusion; well, I suppose utter incompetence is an alternative, but I don't believe that's the case.

It really is as basic as that.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Yes, you need to send in replays...that don't work as standard (as pointed out above), and, even if they did, I imagine support won't accept them as an attachment because that would make sense.

But that would confuse the players!

331 posts
17,072 battles

I have the replay of a miscreant in game and screenshots of the behaviour so how do I upload them so that i can send them via PM?

Edited by Moganite

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I have the replay of a miscreant in game and screenshots of the behaviour so how do I upload them so that i can send them via PM?

upload it to.. google drive/mega/or something. and give the link to the mod.

how to send PM?

theres 3 mod shown up above.

hover ur mouse above their name (the 1 above their avatar)

there will be a little pop up. click send message :)

type something, and send :)

Sign in to follow this