Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
del2000472452

A Kayneth Story

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
168 posts

So, as i'm sure you've failed to notice, i've been away for quite some time recently , six weeks to be exact, but more than that from this forum, because WG.net.

Where was i? Well, nominally, i was on a 'vacation', if i could call it that.... basically i was expected to make use of my leave in order to ensure that certain construction work going on in one of our estates turned out properly. So, my vacation took me to Garhwal, in the Himalayan foothills, a region of which i am a native and where my extended family is still very strongly tied to.

My job was to ensure that the new greenhouse sheds being erected at an orchard were up before the snow was on the ground. Since the location of the plantation is rather remote and there exists no motorable road, all goods must be transported by carrying them on your back.

The long bars which made up the frame, the plexi-glass sheets and all the assembly materiel had to carried by porters and ponies hired on a daily-wage basis from the nearby town to the place where the greenhouses were to be erected.

As the various loads were being hauled on backs,  i didn't want to be seen in this crowd as a lazy city-slicker given over to sedentarism (most of my life has been spent in military cantonments far away from urban or semi-urban areas). I decided therefore that i'd carry part of the load myself along the way.

I borrowed a long, metal-reinforced stick of bamboo with grooves on wither end from one of the porters. There were four crates of nut and bolts to be carried, so i broke them into two pairs, and roped them into the grooves on either end of the stick and carried it across my shoulders as we trekked through the countryside to the construction spot.

Now,  i've been a long-time player of WoT (since 2011) and have followed WoWs through most of its early development, though i have more recenlty distanced myself from both games and have given over my in-game account to a family member still interested in WoWs.

So, carrying four boxes on my shoulders, walking through the rugged and green Himalayan landscape in the midst of birdsong and constantly buffeted by cold winds, i suddenly realised my condition.

It doesn't matter how far i go from WoT and WoWs.

It doesn't matter if i am 500Km and a full day of travel away from my computer.

It doesn't matter if this a remote and sparsely populated region where Internet is till no better than 256kbps or GPRS.

I am still forced to carry  ■ ■ ■ ■  if i want success and prestige.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

EDIT : Disappointed that Ninja-text tags do not work anymore....

Edited by Kayneth

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I am still forced to carry  ■ ■ ■ ■  if i want success and prestige.

That's why success and prestige can go cake themselves.

I'm in it to live it. \o\ \o/ /o/

Sign in to follow this