Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Czorcik

Game too hard for some?

12 comments in this topic

4 posts
365 battles

Played three games today, three dominations,  lost all of them , our team run from cap to have one more kill, BB don't even enter cap. What a sad and depressing experience with players like this

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

game already too simple enough

you have W for forward or S for reverse, Q for portside or left and E for starboard aka right.

your ship has either one main weapon or secondary (torpedo)

secondary guns are ai controlled ( has really horrible accuracy like russian navy gunner).

AA guns are Ai controlled too. 

most of the time you either point and shoot your guns and while loading you have to pay attention to your surrounding to see where you're going or if your ship are going to collide into an island, or friendly ship. also pay attention to sneaky destroyer who has wonderful gift called torpedoes for you.

if you wanted to learn more, you can watch tutorial on youtube by ichase,dezgames,jingles or other wows streamers.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

game already too simple enough

you have W for forward or S for reverse, Q for portside or left and E for starboard aka right.

your ship has either one main weapon or secondary (torpedo)

secondary guns are ai controlled ( has really horrible accuracy like russian navy gunner).

AA guns are Ai controlled too. 

most of the time you either point and shoot your guns and while loading you have to pay attention to your surrounding to see where you're going or if your ship are going to collide into an island, or friendly ship. also pay attention to sneaky destroyer who has wonderful gift called torpedoes for you.

if you wanted to learn more, you can watch tutorial on youtube by ichase,dezgames,jingles or other wows streamers.

You missed his point.

Played three games today, three dominations,  lost all of them , our team run from cap to have one more kill, BB don't even enter cap. What a sad and depressing experience with players like this

Because this game is also played by many "under-aged" people who have no clue about their surrounding and only focused in their sniper view without bothering to check if there are incoming torpedoes before it's too late and they are too scared of having their paint scratched even if they are in something like top tier Battleship and meanwhile the only Carriers in the team are being at the map's corner thinking he is a stationary airfield that being as far as possible is the best idea but then whines when nobody saved him as enemy DD snuck up his position without realising it's his fault for being far from the team and more because such players are so self-centered thinking the world exists just for them and so on and so on...

tldr;

It's not the game's fault, it's the people who play it. I have no solution for that.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Are you expecting BB to cap? That's not their job! It's for DD to do the cap, UNLESS your team is in a desperate situation and you have no chance to win, except by cap and battleships are the only things left near the cap circle. Or they can cap, when they are going somewhere and the cap is along the way.

Also recommend subscribing for BaronVonGamez and PhlyDaily...

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

depending on situation bb can enter the cap.

if there are destroyer and cruiser with torpedo lurking (mostly early game), capping with bb is not advisable but if there where if it really crucial to cap then BB can cap but with caution (late game).

i cap even though i'm playing battleship. the role of battleship is to push ( game like 2 points domination) tank some damage from battleship guns so your cruiser wont get easily decimated while you annihilate their cruiser (in my case i prioritize cruiser with expose side armor over battleship since they can be easily one shot) and battleship, meanwhile  while cruiser will keep other ship with torpedo like IJN cruiser and dd to stay away from their allied bb. bb staying way behind and leaving allies on the front is not really good (if allies cruiser die the bb will be next). bb should stay at near  their allied cruiser so they can stack AA against enemy torpedo bombers.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

try this step each time you play:

- ask if someone have a plan? / trow a plan on the chat box

- see how many response to the plan

- if majority ignore the plan, then just try to get as many exp as you can, you will probably lose the match anyway....

580 posts
1,587 battles

Don't take it too hard fellow captain... I've had(and still having) my fair share of losing streaks as well... But I tend to relish in every defeat as a learning experience. Whenever I lose I ask myself what went wrong? Did I not do enough for the team? Did my team not do enough as a whole? Did RNGesus frown on my team?

But yeah sometimes too other players are to blame with their questionable play style... It ruins any session but there's nothing to do but hope for the best in the next game... I was so infuriated one time on Zone mode under Ocean map I had to distract 2 enemy BBs with my Omaha by pelting them with so much HE they took fire in 3 places each... I had to protect 3 cruisers who were capping by turning myself into bait... and it worked like a charm, as soon as I saw there guns pointed at me I went to full dodge mode for as long as my ship's HP could... I positioned myself so that they're guns would point opposite to where my capping team was coz we all know the lousy turn rate of BB cannons... "Just buy them some time I thought to myself"...

And what happened after I went down? They all left the cap zone to finish off what I started and guess what? They all went down... and we were capping at around 90%

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Don't take it too hard fellow captain... I've had(and still having) my fair share of losing streaks as well... But I tend to relish in every defeat as a learning experience. Whenever I lose I ask myself what went wrong? Did I not do enough for the team? Did my team not do enough as a whole? Did RNGesus frown on my team?

But yeah sometimes too other players are to blame with their questionable play style... It ruins any session but there's nothing to do but hope for the best in the next game... I was so infuriated one time on Zone mode under Ocean map I had to distract 2 enemy BBs with my Omaha by pelting them with so much HE they took fire in 3 places each... I had to protect 3 cruisers who were capping by turning myself into bait... and it worked like a charm, as soon as I saw there guns pointed at me I went to full dodge mode for as long as my ship's HP could... I positioned myself so that they're guns would point opposite to where my capping team was coz we all know the lousy turn rate of BB cannons... "Just buy them some time I thought to myself"...

And what happened after I went down? They all left the cap zone to finish off what I started and guess what? They all went down... and we were capping at around 90%

520 posts
11,123 battles

Hmmm, i get the what Czorcik is trying to say.

Game Is Simple Enough, but not everyone really Understands how to play the game or what it is about.

Most people who play, do so thinking " All they have to do, is Sink Ships, and as they do this, they get Money, and advance to the next ship... etc etc", thus becomming a "Im the Hero/Greatest Lone Warrior out there"  to the demise of players who are into Group/Team tactics like many in this forum.  I doubt if WG intended World of Warships to be an individual affair.

Core Game OBJECTIVES, are too hard for others to understand and comprehend, simply because they dont want to.  

In the real world, Success in NavalWarfare or any kind of warfare for that matter, has always been  group effort.  Hence, on sea, Fleets with individual ships of different classes complement one another to accomplish an objective. This is what WG tries to Simulate through this game.

I feel for all Players who understsnd WOWS core, and see it as more then just a "Shoot em up" they run to when theyre bored.

May i recommend to all, that we should get to know the Real players who actively participate and genuinly Like World Of Warships for what it can offer.Mingle with more seasoned players in the forums and link up during random battles through divisions, this helps greatly.  Also, Reading up, researching and utilizing vids online can contribute to knowing "How to play the game" and the "How not to Suck" factor.

[RNZN]
53 posts
6,815 battles

What would really help would be a team effort assist points award system that other similar type games use. That way there could be a definite reason for playing team tactics rather than just going solo.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

Agreed. A bb capping is not a great play unless theres nothing but bbs left.

If ppl are genuinely interested in this game they should read up on naval tactics before moaning about other players tactics..

Sign in to follow this