Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Sonoda_Umi

i know it's stupid but rant about blue line, again

54 comments in this topic

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

I know that Blue Line already patched,, well,, cutting their speed in half already solved half of my problem,, the other is player awareness about Blue Line already patched,, it seem that lot of people still trying to abuse these map border,, well i think the only way to fix this is to put this on in-game tips "

"Line Abuse Won't Solve Your Problem!"

and that if they bother read it :sceptic:

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

what abuse? with that debuff? i think blue lining is ok, they can exchange half of their engine power and exposure to enemy for better gun position sometimes

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

i think its good enough for now, at least we can hit them now and its clear that who gets on the blue line will have great disadvantages for being there. untill somebody finds another way to "use" the blue line, its good enough.

Edited by yukionfire

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I wish the guns were disabled too

maybe they'll actually get off the line instead of coasting along it as 5knots

this. or maybe penalty with reloading time and accuracy to discourage players to go on blue line permanently.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

what abuse? with that debuff? i think blue lining is ok, they can exchange half of their engine power and exposure to enemy for better gun position sometimes

but still abusing it even after it being patched sound like,, idiotic...

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

The current penalty is a good improvement - feels like it mostly negates any possible advantage.

Give it time to 'sink' in.

i must admit,, cutting their speed was a good thing,, that why i said "Solve half of my problem",, the other is,, when they will learn? rather than decreasing,, it feel like they were increasing

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Yeah, give it time to sink in. For a myriad of reasons, it's gonna take a lot of players time to realise that it has been fixed. Not every person plays regularly and even fewer bother read the forums or patch notes.

You also have to appreciate that, at times, some people (I did it the other nite :hiding:) can be so focused on shooting they simply don't realise they are on the blue line.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

No. Because it's better for the blue liners to experience the blue lining penalty, the hard way. The words of warning doesn't stop them from doing it.

Edited by Mingfang47

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,247 battles

And nothing stops everyone from doing it.

Seriously, the changes that were made , i believe are pretty good. It's hard to imagine what else WG could have done without really perhaps breaking the game.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

The penalty for blue lining, is good, but needs harder.

like delaying the engine restore time more

For fast ships u still can use it as advantage :<

well DD still had advantage when "Skateboarding" so,, yup,, make it little harsh on DD or any fast ship that can reach it's max speed under 7 sec

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

And nothing stops everyone from doing it.

Seriously, the changes that were made , i believe are pretty good. It's hard to imagine what else WG could have done without really perhaps breaking the game.

Really? I suggest that my proposal would have stopped anyone who's not a bot or a complete imbecile. And, regardless, they'd get NO exp or cr if they did it enough, and so that would prevent their progress through the game, which ultimately is what we want I would think.

The changes that were made were laughably mild. WG simply doesn't take this sort of stuff seriously, certainly nowhere near as seriously as they do policing the forum on behalf of fictitious 13 yo sensibilities, for example.

Edited by Steeltrap

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,247 battles

They did something.

Maybe they'll do something more, depending on the level of feedback they get.

We can at least be happy that they did address the problem.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Addressing does not necessarily mean FIXED. I'll applaud based on results.

If I see a lot less of it, one might conclude it worked. The reverse is true, too.

Not that I play enough to care either way.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

When carriers try to use blue line to avoid my torpedoes I always humiliate the person who did it in chat. Work out great

48 posts
1,729 battles

am still waiting for a 75% reduction penalty to engines, armor, gun traverse. reload, speed, visual acquisition, accuracy, captain skills, exp gain, credit gain, etc. :P But of course, it shall only take effect after staying on the blue line for more than 30s or so, and accidental touch shall not be counted for players who do not intend to live there. 

32 posts
1,587 battles

i think some players still abuse it because , in my oppinion turning the ship full 360 in the line is faster than turning it normally, i mean even at reduced speed, your ships would be turning with a reallytight turning radius, and at long ranges, it gives you enough time before the shells hit,  

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

i think some players still abuse it because , in my oppinion turning the ship full 360 in the line is faster than turning it normally, i mean even at reduced speed, your ships would be turning with a reallytight turning radius, and at long ranges, it gives you enough time before the shells hit,  

The fact is people who use it routinely will continue to do so until the tactic proves ineffective or even detrimental.

If there's no change in the frequency of the behaviour it's a fair bet it's because it's still regarded as effective.

Which is why I've been saying all along that if WG were genuinely interested in stopping it they'd make the consequences of prolonged blue line behaviour so unambiguously painful that only a bot or an imbecile would continue to do it.

The same applies for TK, too.

Sadly WG's history on stamping out the most obnoxious abuses of EULA etc (such as bots/afk in WoT, for example) is appallingly bad. They give every impression of not taking such things seriously, and generally doing as little as possible to quiet people down as opposed to designing and implementing an effective suite of remedies.

Edited by Steeltrap

Sign in to follow this