You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dead_man_walking

Ranked Battles feedback

Ranked battles feedback  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How high did you get?

2. 2. If you stopped playing/didn't play RB why?

• Wait time was too long
    • Couldn't division/play with friends
    • Didn't have ships at that tier (6/7)
    • MM not enforced (1 CV, 2 BB rules)
    • Other
  3. 3. Will you play Ranked Battles next season?

68 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

A quick straw poll on how Ranked Battles was perceived.

If you voted other for why you stopped/didn't play leave feedback as to why.  

Stay on topic!

edit - if you didn't participate your answer to Q1 is 20-25.

Edited by dead_man_walking

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I did enjoy it, but wait times were too high.

Plus I made the error of thinking that by tier 6 people could play.

GG CV charging the enemy first and dying first........

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

wait time too high, disadvantageous for CV with high amounts of cruiser and very few ships to target(100% not fun),  reward not worth it, takes a lot of time to rank up at higher rank and with that long queue time = no motivation, why only tier 6 and 7?, why rank tier 6 when you can tier 7? give rank battles for each tier and only ships on that tier fight(CV - 1 tier).

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i haven't played a single rank battle yet. too lazy, i have no shortage of flag and i hardly care about ranking. i only play this game for fun and to have some breather.

520 posts
11,127 battles

I enjoyed it alot. Actually, i reached rank 13-14 on the 1st 2 weeks of implementation.    Got lots of flags in the process. Lol.... game play for me was much better and smoother then playing regular battles.  Most of the players i encountered then were actually capping and working together (hence the quick advancement in rank)

Though during half the month, waiting times became longer... 

I agree with MelonSoda, it would be nice to play ranked with divisions, playing with friends is much better and fun.  

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I agree with MelonSoda, it would be nice to play ranked with divisions, playing with friends is much better and fun.  

i think putting division in ranked battle is unfair. there is too few players in rank battle and if you group 3 unicums together it will be 100% win on their side.

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

well, i think the award not being attractive enough was one of the reason i didnt continue playing it. (i do regret that i didnt play after ive heard that they had kitakami rent out......)

maybe ships can be a nice award to have? :) (like mikasa, tirpitzs and so forth.....or doublons,,....maybe?)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i think putting division in ranked battle is unfair. there is too few players in rank battle and if you group 3 unicums together it will be 100% win on their side.

I know it dose increase the winning chance but all and all i played it only once because i rather spend my time with friend, winning or not having friend with you it alot more fun :D:D:D

520 posts
11,127 battles

I know it dose increase the winning chance but all and all i played it only once because i rather spend my time with friend, winning or not having friend with you it alot more fun :D:D:D

i agree with this.... lots more fun with friends.  What made Ranked battles attractive for me..was Most of the time, team was working together..... much more effective then regular games... but somtimes.... it was like regular random battles, with less players. Lol

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I gave up on it early. The rewards gained simply were not worth the time required to invest. 

Additionally, getting less XP per battle is a massive turnoff over playing PvP.

In fact, I'd wager this: If you played two solid hours, turning battles over as fast as each battle completes, of PvE vs Ranked Battles, you'd come out on top with PvE in terms of XP & credits.

Edited by Krieg

Alpha Tester
982 posts

i agree with this.... lots more fun with friends.  What made Ranked battles attractive for me..was Most of the time, team was working together..... much more effective then regular games... but somtimes.... it was like regular random battles, with less players. Lol

I found that almost all the time is was like PvP battles but with less players :amazed:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I found that almost all the time is was like PvP battles but with less players :amazed:

I cannot tell if its true or not since i played it only once, but kultabashi played almost 100 battles in Rank Battle and he Rank 14 so i guess we have to trust his word.
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

I cannot tell if its true or not since i played it only once, but kultabashi played almost 100 battles in Rank Battle and he Rank 14 so i guess we have to trust what his word.

You rank up if you win

Not by how much exp you get.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You rank up if you win

Not by how much exp you get.

Number of Battles and actual "Experience of Playing" the game mode won't lie tho :D:D:D

Pretty much i think kultabashi have better idea how the Rank Battle look like more than you and me. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

As good as the mode is, the rewards need to be changed. Flags are nice, but are easy to earn in PvP battles, Ranked Battles should be something more enticing, dablooms, free xp, ships etc to get more players in.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The "how high did you get" requires an answer even if you didn't play.

Yes, there was a default value, but not all will know it/get it right.

I suggest you need to include a comment after one of the answers that indicates you should pick it if you didn't play.

Of course that pollutes your data because having the default in the bracket with those that are only achieved through playing is entirely invalid.

Ideally you should have a "I didn't play any" in that first section. Better still, the first question should be "Did you play any ranked battles? Y/N" then amend the numerical section to have a point with a made up number "50" and comment "pick this if you didn't play".

As it is, I can't tell you why I didn't play without selecting an answer in the first one, and I don't know which is correct (I think it's 25). So I've not answered at all.

Cheers

Edited by Steeltrap

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The "how high did you get" requires an answer even if you didn't play.

Yes, there was a default value, but not all will know it/get it right.

I suggest you need to include a comment after one of the answers that indicates you should pick it if you didn't play.

Of course that pollutes your data because having the default in the bracket with those that are only achieved through playing is entirely invalid.

Ideally you should have a "I didn't play any" in that first section. Better still, the first question should be "Did you play any ranked battles? Y/N" then amend the numerical section to have a point with a made up number "50" and comment "pick this if you didn't play".

As it is, I can't tell you why I didn't play without selecting an answer in the first one, and I don't know which is correct (I think it's 25). So I've not answered at all.

Cheers

A quick straw poll on how Ranked Battles was perceived.

Stay on topic!

edit - if you didn't participate your answer to Q1 is 20-25.

That has already been covered in the OP.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

That has already been covered in the OP.

Oops, didn't see it.

It still pollutes the data, however, as you don't want one bracket that contains all those who didn't play AND some who did.

Indeed, if you look at the answers as of this moment, 57.14% reached level 20-25.

So here's a question for you:

Of that 57.14%, how many never played a single battle? 10%? 47%?

A simple question such as that I suggested to open would have answered that for you right away, and I'd have thought it's kind of significant. Similarly, having an arbitrary value to denote those who didn't play would do the same, and in some ways would be better as it would keep the data in the second part vaguely useful.

If you could change the sections people have to answer and not have to, that would be better still. Anyone who answered "I didn't play any" would NOT have to answer the numerical section. In fact I'd suggest you want two streams of answers, one for those who played and one for those who did not. It's one thing to try to determine why someone never bothered to play, and quite another to see why those who did chose to stop (if they did).

I'm surprised you didn't ask how many battles people played, too.

Cheers

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Umn Steel,

I can see your point for Q1, but if you stopped inside the 20-25 bracket you won <5 battles as the 20-25 ranks could not be lost.

As for the rest:

Either I'm misreading your reply or you misread the Q's?

Q2.  Why did you stop/Did you not play?

The last Q is relevant as well regardless of played/didn't play:

Q3.  Will you play next season?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Oops, didn't see it.

It still pollutes the data, however, as you don't want one bracket that contains all those who didn't play AND some who did.

Indeed, if you look at the answers as of this moment, 57.14% reached level 20-25.

So here's a question for you:

Of that 57.14%, how many never played a single battle? 10%? 47%?

A simple question such as that I suggested to open would have answered that for you right away, and I'd have thought it's kind of significant. Similarly, having an arbitrary value to denote those who didn't play would do the same, and in some ways would be better as it would keep the data in the second part vaguely useful.

If you could change the sections people have to answer and not have to, that would be better still. Anyone who answered "I didn't play any" would NOT have to answer the numerical section. In fact I'd suggest you want two streams of answers, one for those who played and one for those who did not. It's one thing to try to determine why someone never bothered to play, and quite another to see why those who did chose to stop (if they did).

I'm surprised you didn't ask how many battles people played, too.

Cheers

Agree number of battles dose reflex the knowledge about game mode, i would like to know the opinion who play this mode repeatedly, because i played it only once but i did  stats that reasons i did't played it because the lack of division so i cannot play with my friends. 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I still find Ranked Battle too random, you can't choose your teams like Tank Company in WoT, and even if you do well, and your team fails (Penalized for a bad team). No co ordinations between members cause well, its a random battle and they might not even speak your language.

To me Ranked battle is no difference between random battle.

Also the rewards is nothing fantastic to even work for.

EDIT ADD:

Currently Rank 10: Still see players bringing stock ships and no teamwork or AFK..................

Edited by Windforce