Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Gunnery aim at dd's

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

DD's are hard enough to hit, crucial if you are a bb.

When I am wanting to fire at them from range, I have to zoom out, as my point where I have to fire is beyond the view of the default zoom, please fix this, so we can fire more effectively on dd's.

580 posts
1,587 battles

DDs at "BB Close" range are reasons why Cruiser captains need to stick by with BBs... DDs are what Cruisers eat for breakfast(lunch, and dinner). I do the same thing when I'm in my Phoenix since that grants me a kill or two...

As a BB I'm just gonna have to rely on Map Awareness to keep track of where they are, if they get close I just hope my primaries are all loaded... i just need about 2 good (and lucky) shots to sink them... If they miss, I hope my secondaries can pull off a miracle. If they miss too and that DD just launched it torps I just send out the order to my crew to give hearty handshakes to the nearest man...

DDs have a lot of weaknesses to offset their strengths, I don't see how this "zoom fix" is any fair...

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

yeah, even with cruiser i have to lead a lots when aiming at dd at long range until i don't see the dd on screen. i was really use to full zoom in, then i try to zoom out a little and it works.

48 posts
1,729 battles

As a BB player, I would normally gauge the speed and direction, and then adjust my gun leading way in front until I see the next CA and/or BB. :teethhappy:

91 posts
710 battles

DD's are hard enough to hit, crucial if you are a bb.

When I am wanting to fire at them from range, I have to zoom out, as my point where I have to fire is beyond the view of the default zoom, please fix this, so we can fire more effectively on dd's.

Do you have a mouse scroll wheel?

Try using that instead of default zoom. You can zoom in to the distance you require, then give those nasty DDs a hammering.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Do you have a mouse scroll wheel?

Try using that instead of default zoom. You can zoom in to the distance you require, then give those nasty DDs a hammering.

ja, i do scroll the mouse wheel back, but this default zoom, which is too closed in, could be detrimental to helping newer players getting a feel for the game. it's mildly frustrating, to have to shift, mousewheel back, while checking mini map, while looking forward for islands, temamates and enemy, while dodging torp and HE spam, trying to then get a decent lead shot on a fast mover, even some cruisers.

Sign in to follow this