Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

I demand an answer to why the Hiryu is superior to the Ranger at almost everything

50 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Ok I had enough of my the ranger (pile of dog ****) I cannot do anything against a Hiryu. The Horyu is better at everything. Their loadout is insanely better than the Ranger as well as their fighters. Explain to me how the Hiryu can kill all 6 of my fully upgraded fighters with captains skill and equipment when I can only kill at most 3 of their fighters in combat. Secondly, The Hiryu have a much better detecability range and reload speed which mean that it can just spam planes at me like there's no tomorrow. Their torpedoes bombers with the buffed spread make the Hiryu even more of a pain to deal with as they can hit 3/4 torp per from from now on. If the Hiryu captain stack his TB on top of each other he will get 6 hits/ drop or even 7/8 or 8/8 if he is lucky. DB are the Ranger only advantage as they can deal with defensive consumables from cruisers and destroyers. However, DB don't do much damage at all. I am tired of War Gaming ignoring the fact that the Hiryu is flat out superior to the Ranger, seriously War Gaming, get it together. Imo they should just Nerf the Hiryu's loadout to 1/2/2 because they are ridiculously OP at the moment compare to the Ranger

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Welcome to the darkest period of USN Carrier.

All will soon become better in Tier 8.

Why does Ranger still don't get any sort of change after the Hiryu came out I will never know.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Explain to me how the Hiryu can kill all 6 of my fully upgraded fighters with captains skill and equipment when I can only kill at most 3 of their fighters in combat

that hiryu is exploiting something o.O

Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

hiryuu 2 fighter squadron can shoot down 1 squadron of ranger without problem so its not advisable to attack them without friendly aa support. back in cbt i really like ranger because it has lots of planes in reserve, specially torpedo bomber. i can trow away torpedo squadron to trade against a battle ship or even a cruiser without problem. its main weakness is its crappy load-out so i mainly use 1-1-1 setup. yeah. hiryuu clearly a superior cv in this tier without a doubt. tier is not that special too. most of its planes reserve are fighter so you can't afford to lose torpedo bomber or you will be sitting and doing only AA support most of the time. USN cv shine to tier 9 and 10.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

^

Getting good is one thing, but if I am honest, Ranger is pretty weak considering how strong relatively the Hiryu is.

It's true many made it work, but it doesn't help when you have such a massive handicap.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

To be honest, I am starting to agree with the issue that tiers 6 and 7 USN CV's are underpowered.

Halfway to getting my Ranger and I've faced a bit of a dilemma on my Independence 

Running a 1/1/1 (fighter/torpedo/bomb) setup leaves me vulnerable to a Ryujo with a 2/1/1 setup - my fighters will always get swarmed by 2 of his and he can easily shoot down my attacks while keeping my fighters occupied.

Running a 2/0/1 setup leaves me able to clear the skies but deal squat damage and not be able to decide the outcome of the battle - bombs simply don't sink ships as well as torpedoes

I recently starting playing the Hosho for IJN and its been quite fun to play and deals a whole more damage even with fewer planes - quantity of squadrons over quality counts when it comes to attacks it seems as if you screw up one attack run you get another ready easily

My suggestion @Silenthunter, - play IJN CV's for the CV missions, USN won't sink as many ships as IJN lol

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

that hiryu is exploiting something o.O

that something is called RNG. except for lexington fighters, this will be very common at tier 9 and 10 too. that and include the recent bull the patch gave that is the overhaul of the skill Dog Fighting expert, the recent implementation of "auto-retaliation" of fighters(which punished inattentive, tunnel-visioning CV captain) and the long gone map hiding of bombers beyond the border(this enabled ambush tactics and added more gameplay depth). This, together with the long, unfixed balance issues, made CV gampeplay dumber and dumber  and boring and I stopped grinding my IJN CV altogether.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I DEMAND an answer to WHY USN FIGHTERS always TEAR IJN FIGHTERS WITH EASE and why WG makes IJN planes as good as paper.

Moving along with life.... I'd like a chance to meet silenthunter in his Ranger while I'm in my Hiryuu on the other team. Him using 2-1-1 while I use 2-2-2 and see what's his response than.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I DEMAND an answer to WHY USN FIGHTERS always TEAR IJN FIGHTERS WITH EASE and why WG makes IJN planes as good as paper.

Moving along with life.... I'd like a chance to meet silenthunter in his Ranger while I'm in my Hiryuu on the other team. Him using 2-1-1 while I use 2-2-2 and see what's his response than.

Ranger has 2/0/2.

295 posts
501 battles

well, IJN carrier is always better until late war that USN start building better planes and carriers.

and the tiering is more like a "if you are better than the last tier than you will be in the next one" instead of comparing the ship with the IJN/KM/Soviet ships in the same class and tier. 

same thing happens on USN DDs (before fletcher?) and CAs (Pensacola), and also the BB (before tier 8)

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I DEMAND AN ANSWER TO WHY YOU ARE CONPLAINING WHEN YOU HAVE A HIRYU IN YOUR PORT! ANYWAY BACK TO LIFE.  I HOPE FORWARD TO SEE YOU IN YOUR HIRYU TEARING UP MY FIGHTERS AND STILL WHINING USN FIGHTERS OP !

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

To be honest, I am starting to agree with the issue that tiers 6 and 7 USN CV's are underpowered.

Halfway to getting my Ranger and I've faced a bit of a dilemma on my Independence 

Running a 1/1/1 (fighter/torpedo/bomb) setup leaves me vulnerable to a Ryujo with a 2/1/1 setup - my fighters will always get swarmed by 2 of his and he can easily shoot down my attacks while keeping my fighters occupied.

Running a 2/0/1 setup leaves me able to clear the skies but deal squat damage and not be able to decide the outcome of the battle - bombs simply don't sink ships as well as torpedoes

I recently starting playing the Hosho for IJN and its been quite fun to play and deals a whole more damage even with fewer planes - quantity of squadrons over quality counts when it comes to attacks it seems as if you screw up one attack run you get another ready easily

My suggestion @Silenthunter, - play IJN CV's for the CV missions, USN won't sink as many ships as IJN lol

I don't like playing IJN CV because my multitasking skills are poor. 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Than you can simply attack with 1 squadron at a time and keep the other waiting nearby - that way the enemy may use repair early and the second attack will cause more fire/flooding.

Alternatively you could stack two squadrons together and attack with 8 planes at a time.

As far as I know, IJN squadrons remain manageable up to tier 6 with 5 squads, which is what you get for the Midway and Essex?

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I DEMAND AN ANSWER TO WHY YOU ARE CONPLAINING WHEN YOU HAVE A HIRYU IN YOUR PORT! ANYWAY BACK TO LIFE.  I HOPE FORWARD TO SEE YOU IN YOUR HIRYU TEARING UP MY FIGHTERS AND STILL WHINING USN FIGHTERS OP !

9Vr4LoA.jpg

She accepts your challenge even if we die completing that challenge.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That's why my Bogue only has 60% wr in PvP...

because murdering everything in the sky while dealing an average of 17k damage to ships is not enough to influence the outcome of the battle.

Sometimes I'd wish people would've told me these things earlier, now I wasted all my time on playing this CV... guess it's back to the drawing board.

Multi-tasking... even the tier X CVs don't have as many controllable units as the average RTS game has in it's tutorial...
Edited by Retia

32 posts
1,587 battles

Probably revenge on how IJN Cv players feel on a zuiho and hosho againts langley and bogue, having your entire fighter squadron wiped out by a single float plane from a CA is depressing : (

32 posts
1,587 battles

cute chibi kido butai u got there

thaaankkss, i had them since my wot days, i cant find 5th Car Div ones though, probably not popular enough : (

to stay on topic, isnt the ranger not classified as fleet carrier? But the hiryu is? Probably thats why

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

That's why my Bogue only has 60% wr in PvP...

because murdering everything in the sky while dealing an average of 17k damage to ships is not enough to influence the outcome of the battle.

Sometimes I'd wish people would've told me these things earlier, now I wasted all my time on playing this CV... guess it's back to the drawing board.

:sceptic:

I won 4 games out of 3 in the Bogue as well. 75% WR. I am better than Reita confirmed. :D

Anyway, people at Tier 7 in a Hiryu are:

- Better players than what they are in Tier 5

- In what may probably be the relatively strongest ship in the entire line

- Have multiple loadouts to choose from unlike you are force to choose 2/0/2

- Have faster fighters (Thus they can draw your figters away from their force, or; Find a Cruiser and screw you up)

Edited by Alvin1020

Sign in to follow this