Thank you cooperation in the revival of the flag

5 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
357 posts
5,312 battles

Hello, everyone.

My name is captain_noob.

I am writing to you for the first time.

I have now been acting to revive the Japanese Rising Sun Flag that was deleted from games at the Asia Server Official Japanese Forum.

Because you can confirm the contents of demanding paper and the notice of the signature-collecting campaign from the following URL, if possible, I would like to ask you to kindly cooperate in the signature-collecting campaign.

http://wowsskin.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-23.html

As per guidance at: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6806-guideline-regarding-the-rising-sun-flag-and-other-miscellaneous-historical-references/

discussions on the use or non use of the Rising Sun Flag in game is prohibited.  Thread locked.

~dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
392 posts

It would make a valid argument if you were asking that all flags be removed or at least censored (like the Kriegsmarine flag) from the game. Having one flag removed while other navies possess their original ensign (I'm looking at you Soviet hammer & sickle symbol) is just hypocrisy.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well for the most part, IMHO I don't think the Rising Sun has the same level of the Nazi Swastika but some APAC countries may dissent with me on this. They're still flippin using it on their ships to this day.

I don't think Wargaming's gonna break the concrete they buried their feet in in regards to their stance on the damned flag that makes some people in APAC cry, rage or remember, even some weird things like "it incites rage towards the Japanese" shtick.

48 posts
1,729 battles

Better yet: As long as the country's naval ensign is being hoisted up to this date, it must be considered being implemented in-game regardless of the history behind it. Some people may dislike the idea, but they do not have the privilege to step on your country's vessel and strip that ensign down to the ground. That's just being rude.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

They could at least make it exclusive for Japanese Client only if they are really do care about emotional rage over certain APAC countries.

The flag is the official ensign flag registered in terms of international law (if my memory is right), and hence they use it.

And if WG think that they can ignore such fact, legal actions can be taken against WG (well of course it will take an exponential amount of fortune to do so)

P.s. should read what did the boss said in TGS 2015, its really [redacted]

Edited by spixys