Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

Captains & Admirals, Enlighten Us, Tier by Tier

24 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Please tell your experience base on Tier by Tier you already feel and passed.

Copy-paste this format and write short comment of what happen on each Tiers by your point of view.

TIER 1

- fill your comment -

TIER 2

- fill your comment -

TIER 3

- fill your comment -

TIER 4

- fill your comment -

TIER 5

- fill your comment -

TIER 6

- fill your comment -

TIER 7

- fill your comment -

TIER 8

- fill your comment -

TIER 9

- fill your comment -

TIER 10

- fill your comment -

MY EXPERIENCE

TIER 1

Easy play, each ship had cannon range under 8km.

You can only play Cruiser (=CA), but will be match making with players of Tier 2, that you will be team with and fight Destroyer (=DD) ship class.

The DD torpedoes travel under 3~4km, so watch yourself when face them.

TIER 2

You can choose to play with CA or DD.

Cannon range in this Tier is under 10km.

You will be match making with players of Tier 3, that you will be team with and fight Battleship (=BB) ship class.

DD Torpedoes range travel under 4~5km.

Battleship are strong armored and had powerful cannon, but using Torpedo or repeated HE shell can pretty much burn them to death.

TIER 3

You can choose to play with CA, BB or DD. Cannon range in this Tier is under 13km.

You will be match making with players of Tier 4, that you will be team with and fight Carrier (=CV) ship class, they bring 3 kind of Aircraft.

BB Level Tier 4 are quite menace, and their AP Shell are quite powerful that their Salvo (Shoot all cannon at once) could kill you instantly.

CV don't have significant cannon to combat enemy ship in close combat, they rely on their AirFighter Squadron to do their Job.

1. Bomber Squadron that will drop bombs to your ship, resulting your module (Cannon, Steer, Ship Propeller) to damaged stat and fire spread to your deck and cause dps (Damage per second) to your ship health point.

2. Torpedo Squadron, that like DD, the aircraft will drop some torpedo around 1~2km from your position.

3. Anti Aircraft Squadron. The AirFighter will engage combat to enemy Air Force. For ship, they are not a threat.

-> All Aircraft that fly over enemy, will report the enemy position for limited of time. Thus, enemy air bomber and torpedoes will began targeting our detected ship.

TIER 4

You can play with all ship class, CA - DD - BB - CV. Cannon in this TIer is under 15 km, long range fight began in this stage.

DD's Torpedo can be travel for 5 km and their position are often hidden beyond 7km, mean you cannot see them on the screen. So be prepare, aware and ready to quick maneuver to sudden torpedoes incoming threat warning.

You will be match making with players of Tier 5. Their cannon shell distance travel will out range yours, so be prepare to closing down (or avoid) their position.

In this Tier, some people already quite understand how to shoot effective. Lead and shoot base on target speed and distance, so you had already learned how to shoot effective or evading maneuver to avoid hit by shells.

In this forum, people say Map Awareness. It's meant for, you have to began understand the Map advantages or disadvantages location. Began to learn Team play, helping each other players to combat enemy. Stop dying foolishly or try to be heroic by charging alone won't help your team efforts. Cower too much also not helping team efforts, you have to move together and never leave your teammate being sacrifice for your own survival, because in the end, the enemy will be seek and destroy you, and no one can help you.

Of course in this stage, there still be a few (maybe a lot) players that not understand yet of how this game works and still thing that he can fight all ship by themself. Some also better lost the matches than die trying. There's no significant reward for survival till the end in this game, but making a lot of impact to enemy force by your own assault will be given a lot of bonuses.

TIER 5 to TIER 10

Hasn't reached yet.

Beta Tester
183 posts
5,186 battles

T1: Fire all guns :playing:

T2: Imma gonna torp ya :izmena:

T3: WTF is this BB :sceptic:

T4: OMG CV OP NERF PLS :angry:

T5: ??? :child:

T6: PROFIT!!!! :medal:

T7: Love it or hate it :B

T8: Denial phase.... :hiding:

T9: OMG the repair cost is so high!!! :ohmy:

T10: Maso-admiral........

520 posts
11,127 battles

Tier 1- 3 , entry level, newbie friendly and seal clubber gathering point

Tier 4 - 5, intermediate, can generate modest amounts of credits without a premium account

Tier 6 - 7, intermediate,  moderately hard,  generates the most amount of income without a premium account even with mediocore performance. Increased performance means increased cash generation

tier 8 - 10, expert level.  Higher maintenance costs of ships.  Lower cash generation with mediocre performance.  

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,372 battles

Tier 1 - 3   newbies level

4 - 6   some players starting to know what they should do and not to do

6 - 10 true WoWs gameplay (sometimes)

----------------------

Put it simple:

Tier 1 - 5  newbie playground, never go back to these tiers cuz you can't carry most of the time :3

6 -10 enjoy teamplay divisionplay

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

tier 1-3 seal clubbing :D

tier 4-7 most enjoyable and fun for me.

tier 8 - quite fun. if lucky, you can gave epic battle with higher tier ship.

tier 9-10 for hard core only. hardly give credits because of high repair cost.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Put it simple:

Tier 1 - 5  newbie playground, never go back to these tiers cuz you can't carry most of the time :3

6 -10 enjoy teamplay divisionplay

Lol, good job.... tier 6 -10,  enjoy division play. Got that right

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

TIER 1

Lol tier  - do what you want and you will still get exp and creds for the next tier

TIER 2

Watch out for torpedoes and DD's

TIER 3

BB's are tougher than you think

TIER 4

Carriers, enough said

TIER 5

This is where the good ships start - All the ships at the tier, especially the Cruisers and Destroyers are awesome to play

I've played them all except for the Gnenvy and Zuiho and they are all great (except for the Bogue's speed)

TIER 6

Once again, another great tier for ships and still fun and profittable

TIER 7

This is where the division between nations starts to become apparent

I've played on the USN

Colorado (BB) - slow ship which at the tier can be frustrating, but decent armor, AA and ok main Guns

Pensacola(CA) - decent speed and AA, but meh armor and guns

Mahan (DD) - prior to the recent patch it was a bit of a hit and miss, the guns were the same from the Nicholas and a bit underpowered with slow shell speed and high arcs, the torpedoes were shorted ranged but ok, the new buff allowed the B hull to retain 5 guns instead of 4 and carry long range torpedos, making this an ideal stealth gunboat and torpedo boat.

IJN - Myoko, best cruiser hands down, very balanced,got torpedos very good guns and semi decent AA (not as good as Pensacola, but its got defensive fire)

All in all the IJN appear to do better at this tier as all 4 class of ships just seem to have better handling compared to USN for me

Nagato is faster than the Colorado with longer gun range and still decent armor (equal in guns)

Myoko trumps Pensacola in all but AA

Hatsuharu, well its kinda equal to Mahan in that its got better stealth and torps, but while Mahan will chew the Hatsuharu up in a gun duel, both will get eaten for breakfast by the new Russian DD Kiev with its insanely good guns

CV - looks like Hiryu trumps Ranger by stats and player feedback

TIER 8

Only got the Benson, but its stock config is very good and it chews all DD's for breakfast with its insane 20 rounds per minute per gun (5 guns) plus its very quick turret traverse

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Tier 7 for US captains : BUFF THE DAMN SHIPS GODAMNDIT:trollface:

USN redeems itself at tier 8 with the Benson, North Carolina and Lexington, could Buff the New orleans though

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,372 battles

Tiers 1 - 3 = Preschool basics

Tiers 4 - 6 = This is where the fun begins. And credits too.

Tiers 7 - 8 = You're expected to already know your basics and prepare for credit bleed

Tiers 9 - 10 = Haven't reach yet

wat, credit bleed on tier 7 :izmena:

9 posts
4,542 battles

For me:

Tier 1: Still learning the basics.

Tier 2: Hmm destroyers, lets begin the torpe- *dies from my own team's torpedo salvo. WHAT?

Tier 3: Finally! Battleships! The reason i'm hooked up to this game.

Tier 4: Hmm aircraft carriers. I'm bad at RTS style control, but lets give it a try anyway. 

Tier 5: Already get used to the game. Still noob though XD. ZOMG Kongo and Zuiho is just sooooo freaking good.

Tier 6: Having a really hard time with Mutsuki, polishing my cruiser skill instead. Also, struggles with the economy.

Tier 7: Sure maybe Nagato is not as good as Fuso, but i still like her. Having fun with Hatsuharu and Myoko too.

Tier 8-10: Not yet reached, although i'm like 15k exp away from Amagi.

295 posts
501 battles

TIER 1

not bad.. still learning

TIER 2

got better ship than tier 1, start leaning how to use both sides gun and angling 

TIER 3

St. Louis... oh..god.... it really rekts ship(t) up

Kawachi and South Carolina..... nope, big struggle playing PvP, but kawachi will rekt ship(t) up in PvE (get in the middle of the enemy fleet and use both guns)

destroyers are not bad

TIER 4

Myogi is a bit underpowered, IJN CL is good to use, but the USN CL is.. meh when you face Omaha

TIER 5

Kongo- burning love... FIRE!!!! (enemy ship sunk....*3 citadel*)

Omaha- oh god... another OP ship after st.louis. 

Furutaka- worse cruiser ever...until.... (refer to tier 7)

TIER 6

Cleveland- bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam :trollface:

Fuso- full board-side, 6 turret 12 guns.... fire!!! (enemy ship sunk *5 citadel*) dat firepower tho :B

others*not unlocked*

TIER 7

nope

good IJN CA?

TIER 8

Pensacola- WTF dude... I though Furutaka is the worse cruiser

good IJN CA?

TIER 9

nope

TIER 10

nope

but I already know that IJN is awsm in this tier, and the USN CV

161 posts
5,905 battles

TIER 1 Derp

Is it AP or HE? Quite enjoy the Hermelin though.

TIER 2-3 Derping intensifies

Dresden/Kolberg is "fun"

Kawachi - Beginning the process of getting use to the rain of HE

TIER 4 Time to get serious

IJN

Isokaze is one of those DD where you will sold a higher tier one just to enjoy the ship.

Kuma is a great ship to play

Myogi lacks firepower, but careful aimming can compensate. BB still a floting tinderbox.

KM

The struggle for higher tier German ships begins with Karlsruhe

TIER 5 - HE vs AP?

IJN

Minekaze, god the turret rotation, other wise she's a decent DD with good torps.

Furutaka - It's not the CA I know (Kuma), a bit bad at stock but everything improves a lot after fully upgrade. The turret turns like a BB but those HE do hurt.

Kongo - Burning love, what's not to love about this?!

KM

Konigsberg - a bloody Glass cannon, AP vs everything/ just don't get hit or try to.

TIER 6 - Credits and detnation flag grinder

IJN

Mutsuki - Currently the farest I've reach on Japanese DD line, Not liking her as the previous tier(s).

Aoba - Great all round ship, but still lacking in terms of AA (commander skill and modernization can help a lot.)

Fuso - Kongo with more turrets, prepare to fire broadside!

KM

Nurnberg - The German "theme" continues with constants ticket back to port due to getting detonated. A flooting ammo rack.

TIER 7 - Credits grinder

IJN

Myoko - Aoba on steroids, one of the best ship and must keep (at least for me) 

Nagato - New 410mm 16'' guns with better shell speed in 4 turret. Great armor even better at an angle, with commander skill can boast secondaries up to 7.2km (even more with flag) and quite fast rudder shifting, make a great brawler, assumed you are not being spam with HE. Do struggle a bit at stock.

KM

Yorck - http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10268-yorck/page__p__145365#entry145365  < My though on this black sheep of the German CA line. The ship does work at extremely close or if you are a good shooter then near maximum range.

TIER 8 - OMG the repair bills

IJN

Mogami - Currently out of credits for this...

Amagi - Currently struggling to fully upgrade it with constant T9-10 match making and being burn to death by CA out of stock gun range...

KM

Admiral Hipper - When all the suffering you face pays out. Great gun with "omg" AP (will sometime citadel BB at range and at close, even not penning the citadel will still do quite damage) and "meh" HE, shell travel at great speed making range shot quite reliable. Still a glass cannon against BB without support and the armor hold it own against other CA if angle. (Suffer the same fate as BB when fired at with HE and will burn a lot) Quite effective vs other CA up to tier 9 from close and long range. (Ammo racking still happen, usually with a torp hitting under the turrets)

TIER 9 - OMG that price/ that bills

Exp is enough for Roon but not enough credits to buy her.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,372 battles

TIER 1 Derp

Is it AP or HE? Quite enjoy the Hermelin though.

TIER 2-3 Derping intensifies

Dresden/Kolberg is "fun"

Kawachi - Beginning the process of getting use to the rain of HE

TIER 4 Time to get serious

IJN

Isokaze is one of those DD where you will sold a higher tier one just to enjoy the ship.

Kuma is a great ship to play

Myogi lacks firepower, but careful aimming can compensate. BB still a floting tinderbox.

KM

The struggle for higher tier German ships begins with Karlsruhe

TIER 5 - HE vs AP?

IJN

Minekaze, god the turret rotation, other wise she's a decent DD with good torps.

Furutaka - It's not the CA I know (Kuma), a bit bad at stock but everything improves a lot after fully upgrade. The turret turns like a BB but those HE do hurt.

Kongo - Burning love, what's not to love about this?!

KM

Konigsberg - a bloody Glass cannon, AP vs everything/ just don't get hit or try to.

TIER 6 - Credits and detnation flag grinder

IJN

Mutsuki - Currently the farest I've reach on Japanese DD line, Not liking her as the previous tier(s).

Aoba - Great all round ship, but still lacking in terms of AA (commander skill and modernization can help a lot.)

Fuso - Kongo with more turrets, prepare to fire broadside!

KM

Nurnberg - The German "theme" continues with constants ticket back to port due to getting detonated. A flooting ammo rack.

TIER 7 - Credits grinder

IJN

Myoko - Aoba on steroids, one of the best ship and must keep (at least for me) 

Nagato - New 410mm 16'' guns with better shell speed in 4 turret. Great armor even better at an angle, with commander skill can boast secondaries up to 7.2km (even more with flag) and quite fast rudder shifting, make a great brawler, assumed you are not being spam with HE. Do struggle a bit at stock.

KM

Yorck - http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10268-yorck/page__p__145365#entry145365  < My though on this black sheep of the German CA line. The ship does work at extremely close or if you are a good shooter then near maximum range.

TIER 8 - OMG the repair bills

IJN

Mogami - Currently out of credits for this...

Amagi - Currently struggling to fully upgrade it with constant T9-10 match making and being burn to death by CA out of stock gun range...

KM

Admiral Hipper - When all the suffering you face pays out. Great gun with "omg" AP (will sometime citadel BB at range and at close, even not penning the citadel will still do quite damage) and "meh" HE, shell travel at great speed making range shot quite reliable. Still a glass cannon against BB without support and the armor hold it own against other CA if angle. (Suffer the same fate as BB when fired at with HE and will burn a lot) Quite effective vs other CA up to tier 9 from close and long range. (Ammo racking still happen, usually with a torp hitting under the turrets)

TIER 9 - OMG that price/ that bills

Exp is enough for Roon but not enough credits to buy her.

WG love renaming the ships with other ship names that is used.

everyone thought the Hindenberg will be the Battlecruiser with 300mm guns

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

tier 1-3 skip

tier 4-5 easy life/seal clubbing

tier 6-7 hell/punishment for seal clubbing

tier 8 preparation for high tiered life(high repair bill, glimpse of the tier 10s etc.)

tier 9 more repair bill and WG whispers: get premium account

tier 10 nothing to gain here other than fanboy about how good the ships look and lose creds fast. go back to tier 4

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

tier 1-3 more danger of being torped by friendlies.

tier 4 is the best tier to play in all the tiers, cv planes are slow, their torps are slow, and for cv captains their are few ships with aa guns. this is the most fun tier to play.

tier 5-7 have some terrible imbalances in various ships, cv's can either smash something with no aa defenses, or get smashed by aa. torp and HE spam rules these waves. Murmansk is brilliant.

tier 8-10 you really want to be the tier 10, in these battles, and tier 10 cv's can obliterate anything at tier 8. Your premium ship you paid real money for, won't save you here. Pray to mm you won't see tier 10's in your tier 8, but with so few tier 10 players, tier 8's will get dragged into more tier 10 battles.

It's the best time to be a tier 10 player, right now. While there are fewer of them.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Tier 1 : WoWs . . . WOW-WOW-WOW !!! Best Game Ever !!!

Tier 2 : Destroyer ? The Torpedoes ... it's cheap and cheat !!!

Tier 3 : Battleship ? How the hell I can fight this monster ? It's big, bulk and powerful, I want ONE !!! ... (after getting a BB) "God dang ... it's a lame ship !" (due to excessive play of Cruiser or DD)

Tier 4 : Carrier ? Aircraft ? RTS style play ? It's weird for this cool action game ... but it's INTERESTING play ... after sometime "Fuck, my Torpedo Bomber getting downed all the time by enemy Air Fighter ! ... This is Bullshit !" (newbs excuse)

Tier 5 : Torture Session 1 - Easy - Stick and Wood's tools

(not yet reach but my friends confession)

Tier 6-7 : Torture Session 2 - Medium - Rubber and Whip's tools

Tier 8-9 : Torture Session 3 - Hard - Steel and Sharp's Tools

Tier 10 : Best Game Ever ... I have ascended ... now I'm a Saint !!! ... I'm the Fifty of Shade's Prodigy Chosen Ones (of many) !!!

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

TIER 1

Great tier and good fun to come back to. Very easy, expect people to not know what they're doing. If you know how to aim and dodge, prepare to carry...

KM - Hermelin - shorter range, use AP

IJN - Hashidate - HE HE HE, occasionally switch to AP if you know what you are doing

TIER 2

Don't try penetrating a tier 3 St Louis with AP

Watch out for allied DD torps, watch out for the IJN DD Umikaze! It has a spotted range of 5.6km, 8km torps with an insane reload. In deft hands it's devastating.

IJN - Chikuma is a great ship, keep dodging, keep firing and watch you light your enemies on fire and your damage numbers go up.

TIER 3

No matter what ship you are, do not fire AP at a USN St Louis - you will not pen.

IJN - CL Tenryu is good but only in wolfpacks. It's far too squishy to take on a St Louis on it's own. Drive like a big DD.

USN - St Louis is armoured like a BB, drives like a BB but fires like a Chikuma. Engage only with Ninja DD torps or in packs. 

TIER 4

Still don't try penetrating the tier 3 St Louis with AP.  Fear the USN tier 6 CL Cleveland

IJN - DD Isokaze is AMAZING.

IJN - CL Kuma, bigger Tenryu - still good in wolfpacks.

TIER 5

You can probably pen tier 3 St Louis with AP from BBs... Fear the USN tier 6 CL Cleveland

IJN - DD Minekaze basically a tier 5 Isokaze.

IJN - CA Furutaka - Horrible, horrible ship. Introduces you to IJN CA 203s and a need to play with the team. When vsing an Omaha, land your shots or prepare to die. Should always be played in support of other ships or wolfpacks.

USN - CL Omaha - first ship in game with great AA for tier. Don't try and hold onto the torp hull. When vsing Furutaka, dodge and fire.

KM - start getting BIG ranges... KM should be shooting from max range or on the run.

TIER 6

Fear the USN tier 6 CL Cleveland

IJN - DD Mutsuki - great little DD, last good one of the line. Do NOT upgrade to AA hull ©. You are an IJN DD, you are a ninja with torpedoes your AA should be off until emergencies.

IJN - CA Aoba - 3x2 203s... 2 of those tiered at the front. Average AA. It's biggest problem is that it doesn't stand up to the Cleveland. Sit back and use range. Good at chasing in a wolfpack due to 4x forward facing 203s.

USN - CL Cleveland - insane AA, great RoF and decent speed/agility, hard to be hit in your cita. In deft hands is a monster.

KM - More big range CAs.

TIER 7

Fear the USN tier 6 CL Cleveland less.

IJN - CA Myoko - stand-out of the tier. If you can compensate for slow turn rate on turrets, you are rewarded with 10x203s (5x2). Decent AA, drive like a big, heavy cruiser. Melt all other Cruisers.

USN - Pensacola - drive like a Cleveland, good AA but fear being hit. Myoko will shred you to pieces, defend BB/CVs from Aircraft and DDs.

TIER 8

Hate the repair cost, hate WG for making Tier 8+ not worth playing without spending money. Hate the long grinds...

IJN - CA Mogami - people revere this thing. I actually prefer the Tier 7 Myoko which has better AA and better range. Not to mention doesn't cost as much to repair. However watch out for good Mogami players...

KM - BB Tirpitz There are quite a few good Tirpitz players rolling around watch wolfpacks of them focus fire someones HP into nothing.

TIER 9

Haven't been able to afford Ibuki yet, however credit cost and grind will be worse than Tier 8. If I had $130 I could free XP from Mogami and get Zao... Would still need 20mil creds though.

I don't really have many complaints from balance, however my Mogami looks at everything as "it's higher tier, play carefully"

TIER 10

My knowledge of current Tier 10 game:
CAs - IJN Zao, great ship, USN Des Meanie autoloader guns and better AA (DPS on KM and Tier 9 USN higher, but range on DM is larger). KM - choice between range buffs or AA buffs, does both quite well. Range easily can get to 20-something kms...
DDs - Haven't seen any standout tier 10 DD plays. Generally speaking DDs lose their bite and bark from Tier 7 up tier for tier. Watch out for Soviet/USN gunboat-invisi plays and wolfpack IJN torp spam.
BBs - Montana has better AA - Yamato simple outguns and survives her... I have seen big games from both, more from Yamato - however I see more Yamatos... Normally these ships get ganked by CVs.

CVs - can't comment on which is better, have heard arguments one way or the other. As usual the USN will have better AA. CVs usually focus on each other and the BBs - I'm usually at the bottom of the priority list - Mogami has poor AA.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

TIER 6

Blyskawica's holiday house. (easy mode)

TIER 7

Blyskawica's house. (normal mode)

TIER 8

Blyskawica's summer house. (hard mode)

no matter the tier i'll love that ship and how well it does no matter what.

Edited by Lupis

Sign in to follow this