You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NguyenArchitakuVN

What are these guns on top of the Ishizuchi's turrets?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Which is weird... I think these guns were added recently because the first time i played with her i didn't see these weird guns on top of turrets like that. I've checked on the ship's statistic bar. These guns are not counted as secondaries nor AA guns. 1WrhVQa.jpg

Super Tester
1,779 posts
328 battles

reminder that loading screen ship has guns on top of the turrets too, and cinematic Nagato has guns on top of her turret too :D

I guess you could say these guns are death traps :D

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,323 battles

I think I saw one on Tirpitz's second main turret too :)

Beta Tester
34 posts
1,943 battles

In the real world they were either small calibre guns for dealing with the threat of Destroyers (WW1) as destroyers had to close to suicidally close ranges to get in range of their torpedoes, but were too small and moved too fast for main battery guns to hit.

Between the wars many of these guns were used as or replaced by saluting guns.

With the rise of the threat from aircraft in WW2 all navies started placing AA guns on every surface they could, the old anti-DD and saluting guns were replaced by AA guns. They couldn't be operated when the main guns were firing due to blast effect on the crews, but the AA guuns were fired hundreds of times compared to the main guns being in action.

Unicorn