Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

Battleship Tier 4 is the most depressing moment for newbs.

18 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Using Wyoming (US BB Tier 4) ... slow speed & slow reload, and big chance getting bullied by Destroyer and Cruiser. In Tier 4, Cruiser had the equal fire range with BB, making it's BB at disadvantage by HE impact with fire dps and broken modules. Add with that, DD had 5+km torpedo and good concealment beyond 7km, which often trap BB with their torpedoes salvo. :hiding:

Now with all above problem in the matches, I had to leveling lots XP to unlock the ship modules and 2 ship with it, Langley (CV Tier 4) and New York (BB Tier 5). It need me to grind around 50,000 xp with a ship that hard time making impact in the match. My best score is around 1,000 xp, but in average, getting bullied by CA and DD, I can only score around 500 xp per match. That mean, I have to face 50-100 matches to be able pass this most depressing moment for newbs. :ohmy:

Note : Myogi's (Japan BB Tier 4) players also complain about this.:angry:

Suggestion : Decrease the BB level tier 4 Modules research point and also decrease Langley and New York (or Hosho & Kongo) unlock research point.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Well, my point are, if you already obtain Langley, New York, Hosho or Kongo ... you are focus leveling for it's modules and the next tier ship.

But the BB Tier 4 is a cross road between the next BB Tier 5 and CV tier 4. The long grinding with this slow arse ship are killing the mood. It's different feeling if I have to leveling it with CA or DD.

I don't care much if Kongo, New York, Hosho or Langley are another lame ship. The point is I had to grind it with a boring action BB for 50-100 matches.

This is my 3rd day trial to leveling my Wyoming to gain Langley, but it's just so boring. :sceptic: ... in the end, I stop leveling it and switch to play CA and DD instead. Or I could be just kiss goodbye to even taste Langley (and the rest of CV play).

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

actually

Wyoming is one of the strongest low tier battleships

having 12 high calibre guns is great, it's a fuso without range

I enjoy it so much, a Myogi would be much worse

the only problem of this ship is that you cannot catch up with your team

which means you can do nothing when your team is advancing so much

Edited by CarbonMonoxide

Alpha Tester
845 posts
467 battles

You might want to read up some guides on how to play the tier 4 BBs. The Wyoming in particular is an absolute beast for its tier.

True. I once walked my team to victory with this.Everyone in the enemy team tried to stop me. I wounded up with 4 kills,over 60k of damage,3 citadel hits and numerous case of setting someone on fire.I sunk at the end but not long after my team manage to capture their base because everyone so hell bent on sinking me they left their base unguarded. I loled watching their reaction when they realize what happened and rushed to their base only to find the base has been captured. 

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Maybe my English not good that I sound hate BB, which I don't hate BB. And I do often kill a lots with BB. Plus 0.5.1.1 role back BB to it's prime function.

I just want to quick getting CV, and it's not quite related that I had to be good playing BB and grind with it for lots of matches to obtain CV.

Edited by MissMeMiss

580 posts
1,587 battles

You think you have it bad in a Wyoming? Try a Kawachi... God that was soooo agonizing... hehehe but anyways it's part of the deal with this game... Are you new to the Wyoming? If so then that may be the problem... I remember getting good in a Kawachi after a long while of playing it, then I got my Myogi then I s*cked so bad in it until I got used to it then got some good scores with it (By the way it's still in my port, I keep it for sentimental reasons), same story with the Kongo which is my baby right now... I've even gotten to a Phoenix just about this morning and I still am getting the hang of it...

Don't give up on her, I'm not really familiar with USN BBs yet but I'm sure you'll see its redeeming qualities in time... Plus we should consider ourselves lucky that there are guides on how to play well... Read them, learn them, apply, get sunk, read some more, get sunk again, reflect, read even more... I can't imagine the agony these guys went through when they were pioneering this thing...  

29 posts
5,271 battles

Don't be in a hurry to reach the next tier of ship, enjoy where you are in the game. Staying longer in the lower tiers allows your captains to advance for when you join the higher ranks of players.

I have to agree that the Wyoming isn't a walk in the park though, you just have to keep on grinding and honing your skills. If you master the Wyoming it'll make the New York a walk in the park!:izmena:

580 posts
1,587 battles

Any questions?:sceptic:

yS3SH4L.jpg

Spoiler

WMeuJtc.jpg

2JfQ6wz.jpg

Spoiler

Dem scores tho... I rarely pull off ones like in the first image...

580 posts
1,587 battles

:great::izmena: That why USN FTW and here also 1 more

V73MFGK.jpg

Now you're just making my mouth water... :ohmy:

Yeah I just noticed it for myself recently... USN ships do tend to perform more admirably than my IJN line... I guess the RoF factors in pretty well so much (I even did about a 70 on target hits in one round in a St. Louis i swear I felt like was playing Dance Dance Revolution, never letting up the left mouse button because of a Combo Breaker) I've started working my way to a Cleveland... Putting my Kongo on a break she could use the vacation...

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Now you're just making my mouth water... :ohmy:

Yeah I just noticed it for myself recently... USN ships do tend to perform more admirably than my IJN line... I guess the RoF factors in pretty well so much (I even did about a 70 on target hits in one round in a St. Louis i swear I felt like was playing Dance Dance Revolution, never letting up the left mouse button because of a Combo Breaker) I've started working my way to a Cleveland... Putting my Kongo on a break she could use the vacation...

Speaking of Cleveland.:sceptic: Take a look:teethhappy:

ayXKH6f.jpg

wDPow6X.jpg

Spoiler

580 posts
1,587 battles

Speaking of Cleveland.:sceptic: Take a look:teethhappy:

ayXKH6f.jpg

wDPow6X.jpg

Spoiler

Stop!! Stop Taunting me!.... ahahahahahaha :teethhappy: Just a few more thousand XP and I should be on the Omaha...

Hope you watch the Cleveland Show...

Once times come I get my own Cleveland I'm going to look for a mod that'll put an Afro and Handlebar facial hair on the bridge deck... Then my Cleveland will be 20% cooler than anybody's...

Sign in to follow this