Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

HOW TO FULLY REAP THE BENEFITS OF DOUBLOONS?

26 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

HEY GUYS! GOOD DAY! :)

It's me again and today I'd like to open a question most answerable to the Veterans of this amazing title.

Now, most of us play on a FREEMIUM basis :teethhappy:... but I cannot deny that I seriously consider to purchase stuff on the premium shop or even get a premium account so without further delay here's the question for all you players long and short time.

What can you recommend we get on the Premium shop? and also what's the best thing to spend precious Doubloons on? All this basing from your experience...

This topic may help newcomers like myself to plan my purchases for a more practical sense in the future most specially that holidays are in the corner... I do hope we get to fire "X-MAS decor" instead of Shell Fire and Planes get replaced with "Santa Clauses" for that time being if you get the reference...

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ! :honoring:

Edited by Kreigg

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Only 3 things I spend gold on

1: port slots

2: prem time

3: captain training (when shifting to a new ship)

Newer guys may want to set a bit aside for prem ships in the tech tree.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Only 3 things I spend gold on

1: port slots

2: prem time

3: captain training (when shifting to a new ship)

Newer guys may want to set a bit aside for prem ships in the tech tree.

Oh I also wish to know about premium ships... I heard that they give a better amount of rewards to players who use them... Is this a permanent attribute to the ship whenever used or is this a temporary thing? Just curious...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

port slots and demount module mod :/
probably gonna use to retrain when i got my shimakaze. dunno when tough :/

^^for question above...
permanent...

for example. atago/tirpitz + damage >80k + win = 300k in ur hand
for other tier 8 ship u gonna get 200k-ish at best with that kind of damage

Edited by ReNation

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Prem ships give 50% more xp and coin for a battle, can use any commander from that country (so can be used for crew retraining), the ship is better then stock, but not as good as a fully researched vessel (this still needs to be checked)

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Prem ships give 50% more xp and coin for a battle, can use any commander from that country (so can be used for crew retraining), the ship is better then stock, but not as good as a fully researched vessel (this still needs to be checked)

depend on the ship i think. look at murmanks. she got top configuration for omaha + better torp o.O
Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I use gold in order of priority:

1. Port slots
  2. Captain Retraining (for highly skilled captains in high tier warships, the instant retraining are a must)
  3. (Equal)  Equipment Demounting (equipment can be expensive and wasteful to sell) or Free exp - only to upgrade from stock, fully upgraded ships are all workable for what I've experienced so far.

I personally don't like wasting gold on premium goods

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I use gold in order of priority:

1. Port slots
  2. Captain Retraining (for highly skilled captains in high tier warships, the instant retraining are a must)
  3. (Equal)  Equipment Demounting (equipment can be expensive and wasteful to sell) or Free exp - only to upgrade from stock, fully upgraded ships are all workable for what I've experienced so far.

I personally don't like wasting gold on premium goods

I train all new Commanders rather than retrain or wasting my gold to instant retrain for my modules i keep all on all my default ships and i buy new one.:great:
Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

Oh I also wish to know about premium ships... I heard that they give a better amount of rewards to players who use them... Is this a permanent attribute to the ship whenever used or is this a temporary thing? Just curious...

Different premium ships offers different amount of boosts.

example :

Prem ship A get more credits  ( maybe 60%

Prem ship B has more ship exp for exchange

Prem ship C get more captain experience ( <- rumor

However currently there is no exact data for what ship get what bonus.

Source : developers talk

Edited by R3negade

580 posts
1,587 battles

Different premium ships offers different amount of boosts.

example :

Prem ship A get more credits  ( maybe 60%

Prem ship B has more ship exp for exchange

Prem ship C get more captain experience ( <- rumor

However currently there is no exact data for what ship get what bonus.

Source : developers talk

So how do I classify which is a Type A, Type B, and Type C?? Sorry if I ask but I maybe stupid enough to find the indicator...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Premium Ships

Basically the starting point, premium time is all nice and cozy, but there ain't much that gives as many credits as premium vehicles.

Additionally they can be used for captains training and to farm free exp (Requires more gold).

Out of the currently available ones I would go with either:

- Imperator Nikolai I

Heavily armed BB, easy to get damage done and a full salvo easily obliterates cheeky DDs.

Low AA and speed make her vulnerable against aircrafts, however low tier aircrafts aren't the fastest either.

- Blaskowicz Błyskawica

From what I've seen on the EU server it looks like a fairly decent copy of the RU DDs (Great guns) with decently ranged torpedoes.

Albeit seeing how good these guns are I doubt you'd need to use the torpedoes often... or forget they even exist.

- Atago

For those that prefer playing on high tiers, although I have no idea why, considering that high tiers are still as well balanced as they were in alpha...

(Yes, even without CV issues)

- Murmansk

Personally I dislike the playstyle of Omaha-class cruisers, but for people that like it the Murmansk is a good choice.

She's pretty much just a premium Omaha with a few tweaks, also good for training russian DD crews.

- Ishizuchi

Only played her once while visiting a friend.

Decent ship, not great, not bad either.

Definitely not a ship that'll shower you in credits unless you enjoy low tier BBs and perform well in them.

Résumé:

Right now I would wait for Blaskowicz the polish DD to appear.

It's already on the EU server (Quite obviously, seeing that most polish players are there), thus it'll be here sooner or later.

If someone needs to buy a premium ship "NOW AND ONLY NOW BECAUSE LATER IS LATER AND I DONT HAVE TIME FOR LATER LAAAATREREASFAFASFAFFA.".

Then I'd suggest to wait or buy either Imperator Nikolai or Atago.

The obvious issue is that there aren't many premium ships yet.

Thus making it more difficult to find the proper combination of tier + nation + class.

For example I'd really like a US premium DD that isn't the Sims, i.e. one that focuses on direct combat, rather than the Sims' support playstyle.

Additionally it should be between tier V-VII, since I already have plenty of premium ships on lower tiers and tier VII is the absolute limit I'm willing to

grind credits in atm.

Premium Account

Premium account only exists for one reason:

"Vacation, ho! Now I'm going to lock myself in this room and GRIND!"

If you have the money feel free to feed WG a constant amount of it down the throat,

otherwise I suggest buying it for those rare times you can actually get some use out of your money.

What does it get you? All the exp and all the credits.

Premium Content

Looking at regular premium content, i.e. consumables, port slots and crew re-training, etc.

Port slots are a must have for anyone who either found his/her gold piece on lower tiers,

or anyone with some degree of logical capabilities.

Lower tiers have and will always be the money maker, be it with or without premium account time.

Hence you'd want to atleast grab one tier IV-V ship that you...

... like to play.

... perform well with.

Both of which are self-explaining.

You won't get a lot of credits without doing well, and good luck grinding a ship for credits for hours that you hate to play.

Now without additional ship slots you prolly won't have much to work with here, especially if like me you're grinding up several tech tree lines.

So for example if I had to choose a low tier ship to grind credits with (I don't I have Yuubari and Iwaki) then I'd pick

St. Louis, Myogi and Bogue.

These picks are based on my own performance and how much fun I have with these ships.

Albeit Myogi is the oddball where performance is slightly worse, but she's a ton of fun to play...

Consumables can be purchased with credits. <End of story>

As for crew retraining... do it when you need to at high tiers (IX-X) not before.

Otherwise you'll throw away incredible sums of (real life!) money for no reason.

If you failed at skills while your captain is still on a low level just grab a new captain.

5-6 skill points are earned faster than anything especially when you're busy playing your credit

making premium ship of the same nation...

Extra: Convert gold for credits.

No.

At last (but not least) de-mounting equipment is usually a great idea since it costs all the credits.

It's also a good choice to get rid of those few gold pieces left in the treasurery after buying a ship in the ingame shop or

whatever else one wanted to spend it on.

And finally, Free Experience.

Not so free, are they?

Quite expensive, especially if you want to free exp entire ships.

My advice?

Don't.

Atleast not yet, now I'm converting my free exp at the moment, too.

However I've been playing the game since alpha, I know where the sticking points are and I know

where the sweet spots are.

I suggest that anyone with CBT experience plays atleast 300 battles and everyone without it 600.

It's important to understand where you want to go and what you want to get in-game.

And you won't be able to fully grasp this by having played a few hundred battles.

In general my advice is to hold off from using free exp on anything but ship upgrades.

And even then I highly suggest not to start playing a ship fully upgraded unless you've played it in previous

testing phases already.

Otherwise you'll never gain a feeling for when WG screwed up a ship, since you'll lack the proper

idea of how a stock ship plays compared to a fully equipped one.

Name Change

WG makes money with this? :teethhappy:

... ...

*Gets note from assistant*

THEY DO?!?!

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Well, it up to your play style

I never spent gold on premium account ... since I play just a few match per day...

so I mostly spent it with slot and demount equipment or maybe premium ship in the future ...

if there gonna be permanent camo like in WoT well maybe i spent it too

but in 1 thing defferent from WoT is that i never use gold on demount..

I prefer to destroy it and buy new one but since the equipment this game is so expensive and credits are harder to get ... it force me to have to use some doubloon

Super Tester
509 posts

Premium account and port slots is the best use and buying those items when on special.

Don't spend your doubloons on other stuff like premium ships until they add something like accelerate crew training or boost the silver earnings.

Only the T8 premiums seem to be good for credit farming and they are usually very expensive.

Edited by Vyviel

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Premium account and port slots is the best use and buying those items when on special.

Don't spend your doubloons on other stuff like premium ships until they add something like accelerate crew training or boost the silver earnings.

Only the T8 premiums seem to be good for credit farming and they are usually very expensive.

I also think that we should wait for the Premium ships discount which should come around special occasion (New year, WG birth day or SerB birth day), but for special ship is kinda up to the player :D:D:D 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yuubari, Gremyahshi, Murmansk, Iwaki, and I've seen what the dudes I division with get with Arkansas and Ishizuchi...

But sure... only tier VIII premiums are good for credit farming... :hiding:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Yuubari, Gremyahshi, Murmansk, Iwaki, and I've seen what the dudes I division with get with Arkansas and Ishizuchi...

But sure... only tier VIII premiums are good for credit farming... :hiding:

Not quite sure with the Yubari :D:D:D

580 posts
1,587 battles

Premium Ships

Basically the starting point, premium time is all nice and cozy, but there ain't much that gives as many credits as premium vehicles.

Additionally they can be used for captains training and to farm free exp (Requires more gold).

Out of the currently available ones I would go with either:

- Imperator Nikolai I

Heavily armed BB, easy to get damage done and a full salvo easily obliterates cheeky DDs.

Low AA and speed make her vulnerable against aircrafts, however low tier aircrafts aren't the fastest either.

- Blaskowicz Błyskawica

From what I've seen on the EU server it looks like a fairly decent copy of the RU DDs (Great guns) with decently ranged torpedoes.

Albeit seeing how good these guns are I doubt you'd need to use the torpedoes often... or forget they even exist.

- Atago

For those that prefer playing on high tiers, although I have no idea why, considering that high tiers are still as well balanced as they were in alpha...

(Yes, even without CV issues)

- Murmansk

Personally I dislike the playstyle of Omaha-class cruisers, but for people that like it the Murmansk is a good choice.

She's pretty much just a premium Omaha with a few tweaks, also good for training russian DD crews.

- Ishizuchi

Only played her once while visiting a friend.

Decent ship, not great, not bad either.

Definitely not a ship that'll shower you in credits unless you enjoy low tier BBs and perform well in them.

Résumé:

Right now I would wait for Blaskowicz the polish DD to appear.

It's already on the EU server (Quite obviously, seeing that most polish players are there), thus it'll be here sooner or later.

If someone needs to buy a premium ship "NOW AND ONLY NOW BECAUSE LATER IS LATER AND I DONT HAVE TIME FOR LATER LAAAATREREASFAFASFAFFA.".

Then I'd suggest to wait or buy either Imperator Nikolai or Atago.

The obvious issue is that there aren't many premium ships yet.

Thus making it more difficult to find the proper combination of tier + nation + class.

For example I'd really like a US premium DD that isn't the Sims, i.e. one that focuses on direct combat, rather than the Sims' support playstyle.

Additionally it should be between tier V-VII, since I already have plenty of premium ships on lower tiers and tier VII is the absolute limit I'm willing to

grind credits in atm.

Premium Account

Premium account only exists for one reason:

"Vacation, ho! Now I'm going to lock myself in this room and GRIND!"

If you have the money feel free to feed WG a constant amount of it down the throat,

otherwise I suggest buying it for those rare times you can actually get some use out of your money.

What does it get you? All the exp and all the credits.

Premium Content

Looking at regular premium content, i.e. consumables, port slots and crew re-training, etc.

Port slots are a must have for anyone who either found his/her gold piece on lower tiers,

or anyone with some degree of logical capabilities.

Lower tiers have and will always be the money maker, be it with or without premium account time.

Hence you'd want to atleast grab one tier IV-V ship that you...

... like to play.

... perform well with.

Both of which are self-explaining.

You won't get a lot of credits without doing well, and good luck grinding a ship for credits for hours that you hate to play.

Now without additional ship slots you prolly won't have much to work with here, especially if like me you're grinding up several tech tree lines.

So for example if I had to choose a low tier ship to grind credits with (I don't I have Yuubari and Iwaki) then I'd pick

St. Louis, Myogi and Bogue.

These picks are based on my own performance and how much fun I have with these ships.

Albeit Myogi is the oddball where performance is slightly worse, but she's a ton of fun to play...

Consumables can be purchased with credits. <End of story>

As for crew retraining... do it when you need to at high tiers (IX-X) not before.

Otherwise you'll throw away incredible sums of (real life!) money for no reason.

If you failed at skills while your captain is still on a low level just grab a new captain.

5-6 skill points are earned faster than anything especially when you're busy playing your credit

making premium ship of the same nation...

Extra: Convert gold for credits.

No.

At last (but not least) de-mounting equipment is usually a great idea since it costs all the credits.

It's also a good choice to get rid of those few gold pieces left in the treasurery after buying a ship in the ingame shop or

whatever else one wanted to spend it on.

And finally, Free Experience.

Not so free, are they?

Quite expensive, especially if you want to free exp entire ships.

My advice?

Don't.

Atleast not yet, now I'm converting my free exp at the moment, too.

However I've been playing the game since alpha, I know where the sticking points are and I know

where the sweet spots are.

I suggest that anyone with CBT experience plays atleast 300 battles and everyone without it 600.

It's important to understand where you want to go and what you want to get in-game.

And you won't be able to fully grasp this by having played a few hundred battles.

In general my advice is to hold off from using free exp on anything but ship upgrades.

And even then I highly suggest not to start playing a ship fully upgraded unless you've played it in previous

testing phases already.

Otherwise you'll never gain a feeling for when WG screwed up a ship, since you'll lack the proper

idea of how a stock ship plays compared to a fully equipped one.

Name Change

WG makes money with this? :teethhappy:

... ...

*Gets note from assistant*

THEY DO?!?!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INPUTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

The data you provide in this topic will be valuable to newcomers and finacially prudent players alike... Sifting through which items should be worth considering while on doubloons is not an easy thing especially for me since I don't have much in real money... but I really want to enjoy this game in all its features... I can see myself playing this for years as I did in NF but back then I was a student living on an allowance and my clan mates were very happy to lend me some of their premium stuff to grind to my peak abilities... It's different now being a working man, but I still seek the counsel of vets in the community and for that you have my thanks! 

Edited by Kreigg

Sign in to follow this