You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dingo64

Unfair Compensation charges when collision not my fault

9 comments in this topic

[ASALT]
3 posts
6,369 battles

Can some one please explain to me why I lose more credits and xp when someone runs into me (than the person responsible) simply because they cannot be bothered to look where they are going??? I understand that in the heat of battle you don't always have the time to look but I am talking at the start, when there is NO battle going on. Obviously international shipping rules do not apply in this game.

Why is there no distinction of blame in a collision? I am tired of being penalized because I get run into by some idiot who starts their ship moving then goes to binocular view and stays there like they are the only one on the ocean.

Is this ever going to be fixed or is it to be left in the "too hard" basket?

[ASALT]
3 posts
6,369 battles

I think this is only player's fault,.not systems fault...(you do have some damage and credits penalty, thats not enough?)

Exactly! But my point is no one is accountable for disregarding protocol, the penalty should should be borne solely by the one that caused the collision NOT BOTH otherwise they are not going to learn to watch where they are going. Someone runs into me and I pay a lot more in fines than I get in compensation + Cost of repairs on top of that. Surely 'onus of blame' can be coded in to the game.

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

Exactly! But my point is no one is accountable for disregarding protocol, the penalty should should be borne solely by the one that caused the collision NOT BOTH otherwise they are not going to learn to watch where they are going. Someone runs into me and I pay a lot more in fines than I get in compensation + Cost of repairs on top of that. Surely 'onus of blame' can be coded in to the game.

well, actually, its hard to decide whose fault it is in case on collision for computer program. it will be easier to decide if a human is watching the whole game, but you know, its impossible to work out that way.

how about raising some opinions about how it should work out?

then it will be easier for us to debate about how the penalty should work out. :honoring:

[_BST_]
9 posts
5,944 battles
he's right I have had many guys just run in to me and I have to pay because they don't watch where they go the same I launch torp's and then one of my team mates run in the run of fire and I get punished for their mistake