You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

Munny matters: Can you really run out munnie in this game?

27 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

THANKS FOR OPENING THIS TOPIC :honoring:

I'd like to thank the community for their replies in my earlier post... Your inputs enlighten this newbie to this game.

I do have another query though regarding munny matters... I've heard about the issue about the repair bills in this game and I got to thinking... Can it really be possible for a player to run out of munny? I don't mean real munny for the premium stuff and doubloons :teethhappy: for sure I'll be next in line for that right before my girlfriend rings my neck...

I mean, is it really true about the ammo costs? I've also seen that there are "premium-ish" consumables but I'm talking about Ship Repair Bills and other things... Can they really siphon you of your funds??

I hear that CVs are not part of the issue since their ships are low cost to repair but I heard some players lose about 200K when they lose a Tier 10 ship... Is it true then?? :amazed: Can you really go bankrupt in this game is you lose too many times??

THANKS FOR THE READ!:)

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

I'd like to thank the community for their replies in my earlier post... Your inputs enlighten this newbie to this game.

I do have another query though regarding munny matters... I've heard about the issue about the repair bills in this game and I got to thinking... Can it really be possible for a player to run out of munny? I don't mean real munny for the premium stuff and doubloons :teethhappy: for sure I'll be next in line for that right before my girlfriend rings my neck...

I mean, is it really true about the ammo costs? I've also seen that there are "premium-ish" consumables but I'm talking about Ship Repair Bills and other things... Can they really siphon you of your funds??

I hear that CVs are not part of the issue since their ships are low cost to repair but I heard some players lose about 200K when they lose a Tier 10 ship... Is it true then?? :amazed: Can you really go bankrupt in this game is you lose too many times??

3 million and still suffering Getting that Deym Ranger in my port :izmena: (tbh i need that carrier, still waiting for my 3 million reward in Rank 11, getting Premium isn't my key)

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

* read thread* HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

*ahem*

Yes you can run out of money due to repair and ammo supply cost

if you dont have enough money, your ship are likely to be lock and u cant do nuthing untill you have the money to pay for the bastard who repair it although u risk your life on the sea, fighting war for your country

*Yamato, Montana crisis*

ps: it doesnt matter which tier ship is, you dunt have enough money to repair => lock, lock

ps 2: well i think they not so cruel to lock even a tier 1 ship

Edited by CrimsonGabri

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

* read thread* HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

*ahem*

Yes you can run out of money due to repair and ammo supply cost

if you dont have enough money, your ship are likely to be lock and u cant do nuthing untill you have the money to pay for the bastard who repair it although u risk your life on the sea, fighting war for your country

*Yamato, Montana crisis*

THAT works for the rest of the Tier VIIIs and IXs Carriers, tbh i stopped at Ranger and not getting lexington as a hang of it

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

If you have premium, and you play 3-4 ships, you'll never run out of money.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

TBH I don't run out of my credits in my port cause I keep this 4 ships to help me grind and this

fellow 4 ships are USS Omaha (CL-4), USS Cleveland (CL-55), USS Nicholas (DD-311) and lastly my Favourite Carrier USS Bogue (CVE-9)

OFC I don't use Premium or Flags to boost my credits, in 1 day I could earn up to 2-5M Credits in 1 day or With Premium and Flags I earn up to 10 M Credits in 1 day.

As what Haku said Premium will never let you run out of Credits also with Premium ships much better for grinding credits and also Commander Exp.

[Kristina up to challenge with me or spent too much credits on your Shokaku????:unsure:]

hJZKlLe.jpg

Edited by davud1537

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Tier 1 ships have no repair costs so you can use those even without having any credits in your account to restock with.

(P.S. OP munny????? munies????? please at least try to use a word that exists in a dictionary somewhere!)

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

TBH I don't run out of my credits in my port cause I keep this 4 ships to help me grind and this

fellow 4 ships are USS Omaha (CL-4), USS Cleveland (CL-55), USS Nicholas (DD-311) and lastly my Favourite Carrier USS Bogue (CVE-9)

OFC I don't use Premium or Flags to boost my credits, in 1 day I could earn up to 2-5M Credits in 1 day or With Premium and Flags I earn up to 10 M Credits in 1 day.

As what Haku said Premium will never let you run out of Credits also with Premium ships much better for grinding credits and also Commander Exp.

[Kristina up to challenge with me or spent too much credits on your Shokaku????:unsure:]

hJZKlLe.jpg

Saving money for Taiho

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

Money... It's spelt "money"... Let's not further empower this forums trend to screw spelling, grammar and punctuation completely. We're not teenagers texting their mates in indecipherable abbreviations and acronyms here...

Wait, we likely are... Sigh...

Tee

Super Tester
1,310 posts

i tough munny = ammunition :v

you cant run out of ammunition, but u can run out of turrets o.O what :trollface:

----------------------

oh well back on topic

Q4CeJ0Q.jpg

but dont worry. 1 bloody good game in tier 5 battle cover this cost in instant.

http://i.imgur.com/nib7gGW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3Cr5dE8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SR2wRPD.jpg   <<-this game i got >50% torp hit accuracy :v http://i.imgur.com/QI0Hd2Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/33qv044.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9avEf6y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gcGwmW4.jpg

those income above are without premium/flags

-----------------------------

generalize repair cost at high tier is around :
Tier 10 : 300k

Tier 9 : 180k

Tier 8 : 110k

Tier 7 : 70k

tier 6 : 40k

-------tier 5 and below----------

u cant be deficit even tough u die before u are doing anything (except if u apply extra thing like premium consumable/camo)

special mention to Tier 1 (hashidate and friends)

0 credit to buy. 0 credit to repair :)

Discussion / Linking Illegal / Inappropriate

Content removed, user warned.

~ Noppers

Edited by Noppers

1,126 posts

300k for tier 10 ship!!?

I doubt that I can play tire 10 ship for the rest of my life...

I'm just a casual player, not a skillful player that can gain 100k+ every match!!

even these day, I afraid taking nagato out into battle since when I screw up, she's always minus my money.

as for me current state. I play 3 - 4 match a day or less/each match I gain roughly 20k -  50k average profit

1 time nagato play   =   1 - 2 times tier 5 play

assume that I use tier 5 for grinding and roughly caculate for cost is....

1 time tier 8 play   =   3 - 5 times tier 5 play, and gods know how many time I have to play tier 8 to have enough xp for research next ship

1 time tier 9 play   =   6 - 8 times tier 5 play, and gods know how many time I have to play tier 9 to have enough xp for research next ship

1 time tier 10 play   =   10 - 13 times tier 5 play.........

as I said before, I only play 3 - 5 match (or less) per day so...

only gods know how many years it take for someone like me to go that far...

gosh.... those who have tier 10 ship really is a pro...

Edited by PGM991

580 posts
1,587 battles

i tough munny = ammunition :v

you cant run out of ammunition, but u can run out of turrets o.O what :trollface:

----------------------

oh well back on topic

Q4CeJ0Q.jpg

but dont worry. 1 bloody good game in tier 5 battle cover this cost in instant.

http://i.imgur.com/nib7gGW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3Cr5dE8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SR2wRPD.jpg   <<-this game i got >50% torp hit accuracy :v http://i.imgur.com/QI0Hd2Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/33qv044.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9avEf6y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gcGwmW4.jpg

those income above are without premium/flags

-----------------------------

-------tier 5 and below----------

u cant be deficit even tough u die before u are doing anything (except if u apply extra thing like premium consumable/camo)

special mention to Tier 1 (hashidate and friends)

0 credit to buy. 0 credit to repair :)

THANKS FOR THE INPUTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

This data will be quite useful in planning myself in this game and for other newcomers too... It's really handy to know that my stance to keep myself to a Tier V is not a bad trade-off considering my current performance... I mean I'd love a Tier 6 and up but I only fear that my current actions deem me unfit for the time being and might screw me up big time...

And my apologies for my deliberate mispelling... I just like to add a bit of quirkiness to my posts to lighten the mood since the learning curve for this game in it's totality is quite tricky and sometimes frustrating...

Original post edited.

~ Noppers 

Edited by Noppers

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

300k for tier 10 ship!?

I doubt that I can play tire 10 ship for the rest of my life...

I'm just a casual player.

even these day, I afraid taking nagato out into battle since when I screw up, she's always minus my money.

When Nagato is out how about my Colorado, I use Colorado my repair fee is 70k+credits, exclude the ammo fees and the exterior fees.

575 posts
5,354 battles

When Nagato is out how about my Colorado, I use Colorado my repair fee is 70k+credits, exclude the ammo fees and the exterior fees.

Last night in my North Carolina I took 2,986 damage and my repair bill was 21,996. That's 7,366.37 credits per thousand points of damage at tier 8. That is absurd. Based on that, I do not see any need to go beyond tier 8 because this game's model is exactly like WoT. They force you to either buy gold and cash or buy premium ships to grind credits. Since I do not PvP, I only make (if I'm lucky) 1/5th of what is made for the same performance in PvP while fighting PvE. End game for me ends at tier 8 sadly because WG refuses to adjust rewards in PvE. As stated by a CS rep, 'PvE is for learning game mechanics and not the main focus of this game. PvP is they mainstay and therefore we will never make changes to PvE as it will reduce players from PvP.' That's just peachy. Sadly, Obsidian faced the same issue in AW with it's PvE. However, they realized that PvE is a large draw for players who want to play tanks but not PvP. They brought PvE almost inline with PvP. That satisfied everyone involved for the most part. Too bad WG cannot see beyond their own mantra "PvP is all that matters." So...when my premium account runs out or I reach tier 8 on most lines I believe I'm done playing until such time they decide to bring PvE inline with PvP in a manner that it rewards players with badges, more XP, more credits, and even flags. However, we all know they will never do that.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Last night in my North Carolina I took 2,986 damage and my repair bill was 21,996. That's 7,366.37 credits per thousand points of damage at tier 8. That is absurd. Based on that, I do not see any need to go beyond tier 8 because this game's model is exactly like WoT. They force you to either buy gold and cash or buy premium ships to grind credits. Since I do not PvP, I only make (if I'm lucky) 1/5th of what is made for the same performance in PvP while fighting PvE. End game for me ends at tier 8 sadly because WG refuses to adjust rewards in PvE. As stated by a CS rep, 'PvE is for learning game mechanics and not the main focus of this game. PvP is they mainstay and therefore we will never make changes to PvE as it will reduce players from PvP.' That's just peachy. Sadly, Obsidian faced the same issue in AW with it's PvE. However, they realized that PvE is a large draw for players who want to play tanks but not PvP. They brought PvE almost inline with PvP. That satisfied everyone involved for the most part. Too bad WG cannot see beyond their own mantra "PvP is all that matters." So...when my premium account runs out or I reach tier 8 on most lines I believe I'm done playing until such time they decide to bring PvE inline with PvP in a manner that it rewards players with badges, more XP, more credits, and even flags. However, we all know they will never do that.

I can see your frustration and I agree too... but I am a businessman and I had to know how this game was earning money... There has to be "fluke" somewhere and I was suspecting that this was it... Truth be told, when I heard about WoWS even when it was on Alpha it was too good to be true. I love ships and I love History, and I'm an NF Vet so I was hooked with the news right away... I've heard that WoT has it better model and I do hope that this will come to WoWS soon... As a "Cash Cow" I can see the potential of WoWS but it's pretty much bordering more in Profit over Customer satisfaction... But I forgive it since it just broke out, I'll give it some time I guess but for now I'll just stick it out at Tier V...

1,126 posts

this game will get my money, and much more other casual play. IF they have hourly premuim (premuim that tick only when login, no package longer than 120 hour)

right now, premium is completely wasteful  for me,

no hesitated to become Freemium player :trollface:

there's factor to overcome.

1. If company make paying player so good and so advantage, it become 'pay to win' and end up being hate by many.

2. if someone pay money but don't gain any advantage over free player, then why the hell should he pay??

3. how to balance the two above?

Edited by PGM991

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

this game will get my money, and much more other casual play. IF they have hourly premuim (premuim that tick only when login, no package longer than 120 hour)

right now, premium is completely wasteful  for me,

no hesitated to become Freemium player :trollface:

there's factor to overcome.

1. If company make paying player so good and so advantage, it become 'pay to win' and end up being hate by many.

2. if someone pay money but don't gain any advantage over free player, then why the hell should he pay??

3. how to balance the two above?

Lol just keep the grinding ships and grind credits then like USS Omaha (CL-4), USS Cleveland (CL-55), USS Nicholas (DD-311 Or USS Bogue (CVE-9) to grind,

this 4 ships help me grind all my credits that where I have the credits right now too me just less than a month to achieve it. I only support Wargaming by buying port slots from DB!

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Right now, I still on Tier 4. (on progress trained all US ship type altogether.)

So, probably, I had to stop research ship above level 7 in the future ?

Is this a good system ? Someone or one sided in the match will always be the losing side, and he/they will losing credits to it.

I think the worst of it should be not getting credits at all for repairing cost, but not getting minus.

Else, people will stop playing high level Tier ship, and that means losing new players interest to it.

In the end, veterans will suffer as lacking players to start a match on high level tier games.

In recent period, this system are not hurting much, but in the long run, Veterans will stare in sadness of their big ship left unused as hard to find a match for it.

Logically, who want getting minus credits ?

I just left a MMOFPS game that you had to grinding forever and had risk of getting minus income if you don't play "superb". Now I have to face this problem in here too ?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The system has worked for the preceding titles so far, I can't see any valid reason WG would want to change the model.

If you FTP the game then you are forced back down to the lower tiers to gather credits to play your higher tiers, this increases the population at the mid level, which is a good thing.  If you PTW then it's not a problem lol.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

had risk of getting minus income if you don't play "superb". Now I have to face this problem in here too ?

Nope,

the only tier that needed u to play superB to break even/ getting profit is Tier 10.

to break even the repair cost. (if u ever sunked) :

in tier 7, u just need to not play bad

in tier 8, u just need to play average (50-60k damage dealt will makes u break even or near break even).

in tier 9, u need to play above average-good (80-90k damage dealt pretty much all u need to break even).

Edited by ReNation

580 posts
1,587 battles

Nope,

the only tier that needed u to play superB to break even/ getting profit is Tier 10.

in tier 8, u just need to play average (50-60k damage dealt will makes u break even or near break even).

in tier 9, u need to play above average-good (80-90k damage dealt pretty much all u need to break even).

That's good to know. and enlightening as well... As you go up in the Tiers I did feel that the game demanded that I play competently and more so each time I went up... but to how much? That I didn't know until know... THANKS!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Nope,

50-60k is your "Average Play" i feel so noob now :cry 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

50-60k is your "Average Play" i feel so noob now :cry 

FYI

50-60k is below average to a good player in high tier. 

and my average damage is below that sometimes . i am still noob :/

50-60k is what i could call average performance for me. maybe some player out there has higher bar set for them :rolleyes:

Edited by ReNation

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

FYI

50-60k is below average to a good player in high tier.

and my average damage is below that sometimes . i am still noob :/

50-60k is what i could call average performance for me. maybe some player out there has higher bar set for them :rolleyes:

50K--60K are for Mid tier range from Tier 4-7 if high tier range from 8-10 the average damage must be 80k-100k or higher than that!:great: