You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

So when did you guys get good at this game?

61 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

Hey guys! Hope the RNG Gods have favored you today... I've been playing this game for about 3 weeks now and I'm mainly aTier V IJN BB (Kongo) and it's been quite a blast lately but I do feel I should be making more. Right now I can do about a 500-700XP per match and aroung 1200XP on a Victory given my performance. I've learned a lot too in BB play (Prudence, Good Positioning, Map Awareness, and a Daily Sacrifice to the RNG Gods)

I occasionally get Citadel hits now that I understand the concept of AP shells and I get the terrible dispersion for anything beyond 18KM and I understand that it's a game balancing thing but it really gets on my nerves at times when my shells feel like they're drunk at 15KM.

So, here's what I want to know from all of the community. When did it come to you that this game is really turning around? I don't mean number of Victories since the Match-making in this game is quite "Interesting" and a lot of factors come in too like "team-play" & such. What I meant is Even-Though-You've-Lost, You-Still-Get-Good-Scores kind of good.

I get that these games require grinding and learning, believe me I've ground a good lot back in my days in NF. Got a Scharnhorst when I retired.

Sorry for the long post, but I gotta know... THANKS FOR OPENING AND READING THIS TOPIC...

P.S.: And I don't think I'm quite ready for a Tier 6 yet because of the Repair bill stories I've heard about, I swear that put me off wanting a Yammy in the future til we get more updates so I'm getting working on a USN Cruiser line up to Tier V for Munnies... and an IJN DD after that...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Which Krieg is the real Kreigg :amazed:

Back to the topic, I cannot say im good enough for the game, I really think we all have to kepp improving our gameplay.

But i will say that i getting confident after around 1000 games :D:D:D

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Even-Though-You've-Lost, You-Still-Get-Good-Scores kind of good.

When my YOLO tactic works and everyone cant dodge my torps, other than that, nope still a Tomato.

Edited by Windforce

580 posts
1,587 battles

Never did.

What the crap??:amazed: I swear you must be one of good ones... I based my play-style on on your long post about how to play efficiently and Mighty Jingles, I mean it made a lot of sense :honoring:... After I read that I swear my scores jumped to a good extent...

And looking at the dates you guys have been a member, I am seeing at least a 2 year average... and basing on your responses it's either you all are a modest bunch of people (not that I'm complaining, I like it actually :)) or just not telling ... but now I'm even more curious(fascinated even), what's making you all say "NOT THERE YET"??? Is there a factor that puts everyone on a even field even though you invested so much time and money on this??

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES LADIES AND GENTS!

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Even-Though-You've-Lost, You-Still-Get-Good-Scores kind of good = at 1k battle?

I think our friends here misunderstood what you meant by "good" and this thread has been oozing with too much (false?)modesty you never got the answer you truly want.

Edited by Deicide

580 posts
1,587 battles

Even-Though-You've-Lost, You-Still-Get-Good-Scores kind of good = at 1k battle?

I think our friends here misunderstood what you meant by "good" and this thread has been oozing with too much (false?)modesty you never got the answer you truly want.

Yeah at somewhere in that range or even more like 2K/battle tops and Defeated... I think it's a better comparison than winning. You earn big as a bonus because your team won but I think it's in the defeated team that I can see who really gave it their all despite the odds...

I love to win no doubt about that... but to come out on Top 3 on Defeated, now that's something...

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,342 battles

Dat profile pic. I wonder where I have seen it before...:hiding:

580 posts
1,587 battles

Dat profile pic. I wonder where I have seen it before...:hiding:

It's the interwebz... It's full of cat pics of varying in infinite possibilities... :teethhappy:

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

Good ? You will never get good enough in anything.

If you think you are, congrats, you will never get any improvements.

The only moment that you are being good, is you want to be better. :honoring: 

Edited by R3negade

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

what's making you all say "NOT THERE YET"??

I feel the main reason is, I still cannot carry a bad team to victory or at the very least to a point that isn't a crushing defeat. :P

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,272 battles

Around game 800 in CBT I learned i could hit stuff with my guns and keep on hitting so I guess that's when i started thinking i may be reasonably good at seatanks.

In another life with another account in wot i played 30k games and was always getting better, it never stops.

Approach the game with the correct attitude and you'll always improve over time especially if you toon with players as good as or better than yourself.

:izmena:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So when did you guys get good at this game?

Haven't yet, I consider my current performance below average, albeit only slightly below it.

I'm still missing too many shots, get caught out of position or simply fail at basic strategic/tactical decision making.

All in all I doubt that I'll ever get good at WoWS either, decent at best, mostly because getting good would require memorising

ship stats, map spots and perfect my playstyle.

Anything less won't get me above the 50% hitrate which I consider part of the benchmark on what would define my performance as good.

Other parts would be an average of 70k+ damage, 68%-70% wr, 15%-20% torpedo hit rate, 70% survival, 2-3 ships sunk per battle and several other statistics.

However since I don't feel motivated to even consider putting that much effort into it I'll just continue as I am with the potential to improve to average or decent performance.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

What the crap??:amazed: I swear you must be one of good ones... I based my play-style on on your long post about how to play efficiently and Mighty Jingles, I mean it made a lot of sense :honoring:... After I read that I swear my scores jumped to a good extent...

And looking at the dates you guys have been a member, I am seeing at least a 2 year average... and basing on your responses it's either you all are a modest bunch of people (not that I'm complaining, I like it actually :)) or just not telling ... but now I'm even more curious(fascinated even), what's making you all say "NOT THERE YET"??? Is there a factor that puts everyone on a even field even though you invested so much time and money on this??

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES LADIES AND GENTS!

Basically, I'm impetuous to the point of fault and constantly charging off and getting myself killed very early. My survival stat is abysmally low, and I'm frequently the first or near the first person killed on my team. I also get incredible tunnel vision when shooting, which makes me constantly disregard the tactical situation and contributes to my low survivability - most of the times I simply inflict mayhem and end up being carried by my team exploiting my actions, rather than being the one making tactically sound decisions. It's also why I rarely, if ever, division - I simply do not have the mindset of working in tandem with another player to influence battles. Instead if I do div up, my actions don't differ: I still cause mayhem and rely on teammates to exploit it. My redeeming feature is that I have aimbot levels of accuracy and so I can inflict pretty incredible damage relative to the time I spend alive, which is generally spent extricating myself from my own tactical mistakes rather than carrying a team. Which is why I fare poorly in WoT - here in WoWS, I can rely on higher HP pools and maneuverability to get myself out of the trouble I charge headlong into.

All in all, I'm a pretty average player by most standards.