Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

New Benson Worth Upgrading?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Benson Hull is best?

• Hull A - 5 guns, no major AA
    • Hull B - 4 guns, 28mm AA guns
    • Hull C - +2000 Hp, reduces rudder shift time, 40mm Bofors, 4 guns

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Hey Guys

I know I've made a thread on this matter before, but that was back in CBT and when the Benson had different stats and modules.

Now with the recent patch changes (and I got my Benson back hooray!) I've noticed there isn't much difference in upgrading the torpedos (just a damage increase and reload time increase) and with the threat of Russian DD's taking over the gunboat department, would I be better off simply not upgrading the Benson hull to the C type for a increase in health and AA for the tradeoff of 1 gun? (B type is equipped with the 28mm AA guns and has no upgrade to the hull itself)

Also does the C hull having all enclosed turrets increase gun survivability?

Edit  - lol just had a game where I had two guns and 1 torpedo tube destroyed...the guns were both the enclosed ones at the front and rear lol

Reason why I think the Benson is still relevant as a gunboat is due to the monster rof of 20 rounds per minute the new patch has put in

Edited by Blitzkreig95

520 posts
11,127 battles

The increased survivability of Hull C is a whole lot for the benson.  It means Higher chances of surviving an air attack on higher tiers, also means surviving longer against Russian DD attacks.   This way, you can Cap and Defend more often.

Also, the stronger torps of hull C, have a clear advsntage when you need to dispatch pursuing enemies quicker.

Again, i noticed in a dd, its all about Surviving as long as possible.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Still, her projectile velocity is kinda crappy.

Thats same with all USN DD i guess :D:D:D

TO THE RUSSIAN DD !!!! :izmena:

Hey Guys

I know I've made a thread on this matter before, but that was back in CBT and when the Benson had different stats and modules.

Now with the recent patch changes (and I got my Benson back hooray!) I've noticed there isn't much difference in upgrading the torpedos (just a damage increase and reload time increase) and with the threat of Russian DD's taking over the gunboat department, would I be better off simply not upgrading the Benson hull to the C type for a increase in health and AA for the tradeoff of 1 gun? (B type is equipped with the 28mm AA guns and has no upgrade to the hull itself)

Also does the C hull having all enclosed turrets increase gun survivability?

Edit  - lol just had a game where I had two guns and 1 torpedo tube destroyed...the guns were both the enclosed ones at the front and rear lol

Reason why I think the Benson is still relevant as a gunboat is due to the monster rof of 20 rounds per minute the new patch has put in

Back to the topic 

Most of the player will stick with Hull-B to increase the fire power but i prefer the Hull-C because

- More HP = Stay alive longer = Deal more Dmg 

- Better maneuverability much easier to get you self out of tricky situation = Stay alive longer = Deal more Dmg

- Looking Better (Personal preference)

and turrets survivability...

Enclosed turrets doesn't increase gun survivability at all, it will just make the hit point bigger which will result in higher chance of getting turrets destroy, I rather stick with the open mount if i can choose (Anyways this is just my experience i dose not have any stats to claim what i say is true)

btw didn't WG increase Benson Hull-C number of turrets to 5 in this patch ?

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

520 posts
11,127 battles

Lol, enclosed turrets are the newer variant of the 5" guns... they are supposedly with a faster traverse speed as compared to the non closed and open shielded 5" guns of the previous models.  

The newer variand is Supposed to be armored... but iguess they only give more of a better aesthetic to the dd.  I agree they look much better

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Lol, enclosed turrets are the newer variant of the 5" guns... they are supposedly with a faster traverse speed as compared to the non closed and open shielded 5" guns of the previous models.  

The newer variand is Supposed to be armored... but iguess they only give more of a better aesthetic to the dd.  I agree they look much better

Btw Great to see other DD player, let me add you as a friend may be we can roll-out together sometimes :D:D:D

520 posts
11,127 battles

Btw Great to see other DD player, let me add you as a friend may be we can roll-out together sometimes :D:D:D

lol, sure thing man... thats what we DD players need to survive.... work in teams " Wolf Packs".  Dds working together are deadly. Lol

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

What about me.....

but to the subject

Hull A has 5 guns

Hull B has 4 guns and 28mm AA guns

Hull C has 2000 more HP plus the 40mm Bofors and 4 guns

So yeah the choice remains really

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

What about me.....

but to the subject

Hull A has 5 guns

I think i did gib my opinion about the hull (i state that people stick with Hull-B in that case if Hull-B got 4 guns then what i have seen its peoples stick with Hull-A to have 5 guns instead) 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I think i did gib my opinion about the hull (i state that people stick with Hull-B in that case if Hull-B got 4 guns then what i have seen its peoples stick with Hull-A to have 5 guns instead) 

^I was referring to the USN DD club you guys set up lol

520 posts
11,127 battles

For higher tiers, i noticed, that some AA protection, is better then No AA protection.  With the Benson torp buffing, i need to get close to my targets and aircraft prevents me from doing so.  I may not be able to shoot all the planes down, but coupled with AA capability... i can protect myself from major torp and DB attacks... and help keep fighters away.  Once planes are gone, i usually resume my sneak attack.  

The 5 gun config of benson may be effective for some, but not for me.  So i guess, i really depends on your DD tactics and what you prioritize.

88 posts
709 battles

What about me.....

but to the subject

Hull A has 5 guns

Well, why don't you have a few games of each hull type, then you can decide which is best for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what suits you best.

Personally, i wouldn't let someone else choose for me, because everyone has their own play style.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well, why don't you have a few games of each hull type, then you can decide which is best for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what suits you best.

Personally, i wouldn't let someone else choose for me, because everyone has their own play style.

Agree with Mr Good.C 

Lets say the one who playing it should know the best, for example i stick with Omaha Hull-B for more fire power, and  never upgrade Kiev torpedos on Kive to gain more torps speed :D:D:D

Sign in to follow this