Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

battleship shell problem?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

couple of minutes ago, i was sailing with my Omaha at new dawn map. my omaha was down to 68 hp. a battleship myougi manage to hit me but it did 0 damage and only manage to knock my engine, at first i though i was only luck but then it happens again and again and again,  it happens 4 times.

1st hit 0 damage only knock my engine

2nd hit 0 damage knock my engine again

3rd hit knock my rudder

4rth hit i though i was gonner but it only damage my gun.

i was laughing and feel sorry about the poor myougi player because he failed to killed me 4 times.

UE5yCDt.jpg

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Over penetration shots still do damage unless you reached the saturation point of that section (See below), so there is only 1 of 2 possible reasons why you took 0dmg.

1) That section of your ship already has its HP reduced to 0 (max dmg saturation), this means all other damage to that sector will result in 0 dmg.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7137-damage-mechanics-guide/page__pid__104927#entry104927

2) He was using HE shells and it exploded (near miss), these types of hit does no damage but can knock out modules. (You can try this in a destroyer getting near miss by dive bombers, same result)

Sign in to follow this