You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShadowPolack

unbalanced battles

19 comments in this topic

17 posts
1,175 battles

A friend and I play often as a team and have found that the teams are often unbalanced with one side having an unfair advantage in either battleships ( more or of a higher tier) or torpedo laying DD's or cruisers.  with the lack of good tactical players, it's really hard to get everyone to listen to a smarter game plan.  We end up losing just as we had thought we would.  It's hard to win when most of the team is going to the 4 winds and only 3 or 4 are trying to stave off the majority of the enemy.  You can't be blamed for bad team play but you could work to make battles more balanced.  Even more experienced players won't find it too easy to win and less experienced players won't feel over-whelmed and should have a better time.

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

A friend and I play often as a team and have found that the teams are often unbalanced with one side having an unfair advantage in either battleships ( more or of a higher tier) or torpedo laying DD's or cruisers.  with the lack of good tactical players, it's really hard to get everyone to listen to a smarter game plan.  We end up losing just as we had thought we would.  It's hard to win when most of the team is going to the 4 winds and only 3 or 4 are trying to stave off the majority of the enemy.  You can't be blamed for bad team play but you could work to make battles more balanced.  Even more experienced players won't find it too easy to win and less experienced players won't feel over-whelmed and should have a better time.

We understand, but this's online game, and it comes back again to teamwork

no conditions are ideal, no one ever got 100% WR with about 1000 battles, so just try to do your best

Try not to blame other things

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Understand what you talking about since its a daily problems and we all really hope WG will make an adjustment for that sooooooooon, except "smarter game plan"

How can you really sure that your plan is good ? i mean other plan that player come up with is stupid then ? how can you say which one is better ?

Just saying, because i once seen a division of 3 going through middle of two brother map and die, then they complain about the team not following their plan and start saying bad things to everybody, is that the good plan you talking about ? :D:D:D

17 posts
1,175 battles

I was not talking about game plans.  I'm talking about requesting a battle and finding that one side seems to have an over-abundance of a particular ship class or capability.  This is very disconcerting and we can usually figure if it will be a defeat or victory before the battle begins.  We have a good track record on that.  And no, we do fight the best we can even in a losing battle.

22 posts
4,310 battles

This may be an online game but how about you even up the teams.  Do not put level 5's up against level 8's.

This is destroying the game.

Also finding 5 destroyers of level 7 V 3 destroyers level 4 and 5 is bullshit.

You have screwed this up.

Plus whilst on the subject of screwed up. Why the F have you placed the teams so close to each other.

I was in spawn and got hit by a level 8 form their spawn. i can't see let alone avoid these hits/.

you have destroyed this game and I am seriously considering removing it.

Fix this or lose players.

Too many of your maps are too small for the sizes of the ships. enlarge the map areas and make it farer for those players.

it appears that the map sizes for tier 1 and 2 have been used for tier 7 and 8

No bloody good.

520 posts
11,127 battles

I was not talking about game plans.  I'm talking about requesting a battle and finding that one side seems to have an over-abundance of a particular ship class or capability.  This is very disconcerting and we can usually figure if it will be a defeat or victory before the battle begins.  We have a good track record on that.  And no, we do fight the best we can even in a losing battle.

if the battle was Always "even" same class of ships vs each other or same team ship class matching... this game will ultimately be very very boring.... variety adds to the excitement of the game... now for teamwork, thats when we all learn to Lead... or Follow.  Ultimately,,, this is for the team

17 posts
1,175 battles

I have yet to see teamwork in this game unless it is in a division of my friends.  Watching some wannabe Yamamoto or Halsey say: let's go this way and run them over; meanwhile the 2 or 3 of us with more than 2 brain cells to rub together are forced to protect the base, carrier and the other approaches as this fool tries something that might work once out of 11 or 12 times.  So no, I haven't had that luxury or that luck.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

WoWS is much like all other WG titles in that sometimes the odds are stacked against you and sometimes they are heavily in your favour. Play enough games and what emerges is how good a player you are.

Co-op mode has perfectly balanced teams in terms of ships, but for many players it gets stale very fast.

17 posts
1,175 battles

I would assume it gets stale because some players will always be better due to long playing experience and less experienced players will be less inclined to always losing to them.  Also, more experienced players will get bored because there are no challenges.  The problem I am addressing does not concern this issue.  It does not matter how good a player is if his opponents have a stronger advantage over him than his experience can overcome.  Just because he has lots of experience does not equate to his allies being as good.  There is enough uncertainty in a random battle that giving too much advantage to one side is unconscionable.

17 posts
1,175 battles

You want to blast me for not understanding?  I just finished a losing battle where we had 6 ships capable of shooting torpedoes and they had 9.  This was not counting the carriers.  We had 3 BB's to their 2 and we had a St. Louis.  Did not help one bit.  By the time I was sunk (#11 of 12), we had sunk 3 of theirs.  So go ahead, tell me this was a balanced battle.

406 posts
6,287 battles

You want to blast me for not understanding?  I just finished a losing battle where we had 6 ships capable of shooting torpedoes and they had 9.  This was not counting the carriers.  We had 3 BB's to their 2 and we had a St. Louis.  Did not help one bit.  By the time I was sunk (#11 of 12), we had sunk 3 of theirs.  So go ahead, tell me this was a balanced battle.

It was balanced and your team sucked.

I've had a battle where in a New Mexico - I got 6 kills in a match (5 from the Main battery, 1 from Secondaries I think) - that's half the team, killed by one player.

I've also had battles where I have come around a corner and suddenly had 3 BBs and 3 CAs all shooting at me, and our DDs and CAs buggered off - I got Rekt.

I've had battles in the Minekaze where I have managed to Torp 4-5 Ships, other battles where I have died without doing a thing.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Nocbattle, was ever Equal...ever......In the Battle of Leyte Gulf, Admiral kuritas force had ths Numerical advantage in ships over The US forces protecting the Leyte landings... in the end.....The IJN, with the larger force, withdrew so not to incur more damages.

Now... how is this related to your unbalanced games? Every player in WG, experiences this on a daily basis. At times, even the  Superior force Looses, this is because of bad planning, bad team work or a bad attitude towards the other team ( Underestimating your opponent) is a bad attitude.

Its actually the unbalanced gaming that makes us better players because we learn and try our damned best to come out on top despite the odds....   ive seen a team MM of 7 vs 10..... with the Smaller team winning.

And to be frank... its usually the ones that are immature, arrogant and unwilling to addapt, that come out loosers in this game.  

If WG will balance Wows the way many want it.... it might turn out like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkM7qIoSG4295W7tG8yxuM54wpYOfoXdcQ6OzRWyT157fdgc4CfYzXtGK4VA

Edited by kultabashi

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Nocbattle, was ever Equal...ever......In the Battle of Leyte Gulf, Admiral kuritas force had ths Numerical advantage in ships over The US forces protecting the Leyte landings... in the end.....The IJN, with the larger force, withdrew so not to incur more damages.

Now... how is this related to your unbalanced games? Every player in WG, experiences this on a daily basis. At times, even the  Superior force Looses, this is because of bad planning, bad team work or a bad attitude towards the other team ( Underestimating your opponent) is a bad attitude.

Its actually the unbalanced gaming that makes us better players because we learn and try our damned best to come out on top despite the odds....   ive seen a team MM of 7 vs 10..... with the Smaller team winning.

And to be frank... its usually the ones that are immature, arrogant and unwilling to addapt, that come out loosers in this game.  

If WG will balance Wows the way many want it.... it might turn out like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkM7qIoSG4295W7tG8yxuM54wpYOfoXdcQ6OzRWyT157fdgc4CfYzXtGK4VA

Really agree with you, The outcome always doubtful !! 

248 posts

some of this problem is caused by people who have BAD TACTICS, 

telling others to play dumbly.

i really hope there is none of those idiots here who

think that a BB should go into the centre of fault line.

if you want to win this game,

stay alive. if you want a BB to shell opponents for the entire game DO NOT ask him to act like a DD

892 posts
7,853 battles

Two evenings ago, the team I was in (I'm a Tier VII Yorck currently) got a Tier I (yes, TIER I!!) player assigned to the team. A few games later, something similar happened again except the second time round was a Tier III DD. There were also times when the assignments ended up with 5-6 DDs vs 2 DDs in the teams. The balancing engine is still screwy and needs more work.

248 posts

^^ the above problem is only caused by divs.

the game WILL NEVER choose outside a 3 tier range unless a div brings in a newcomer.

it's usually so the newcomer can get a look at how the big boys play.

this is ok usually but tier 1 is definitely too low and that person would not have even played anyone but bots yet.

i had a game 4 players vs 7 players the other night.

was weird. me [amagi] and 3 tier X's

[chinese pros] against 7 tier IIX's. was an awesome game. one of the best i've played

tried to attach a screencap but apparently you can only attch caps from 

privacy invading websites so i won't be doing that

Edited by fuzzjunky

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

1. Problem with Division teaming up. Less chance the member of highest tier in the Division get drag to low Tier battle. Higher chance the member of the lowest Tier get drag to Higher Tier battle.

2. Problem with Online games matchmaking. If the scripts try to exactly matching Tier Class by it's type and Tier ... you will be taken to a long life match making's queue.

Example : 5 vs 5

BB Tier 6

BB Tier 5

CA Tier 5

CA Tier 4

DD Tier 5

If the match making try to find and matching an exact the same ship like we always had in matches against Bot aka Co-Op battle, it will be take forever to matching it. Not all people queue of the same tiers, not all are available to queue. It's a complex and near impossible situation to always get very same exact type and Tier.

So, it's understandable the scripts of matchmaking was to find equal of total tiers instead mirror one.

Near Impossible matchmaking due to players availability

BB Tier 6  vs  BB Tier 6

BB Tier 5  vs  BB Tier 5

CA Tier 5  vs  CA Tier 5

CA Tier 4  vs  CA Tier 4

DD Tier 5  vs DD Tier 5

Current matchmaking system and more quick solution to not getting a prolong queue waiting time

BB Tier 6  vs  BB Tier 5

BB Tier 5  vs  BB Tier 5

CA Tier 5  vs  CA Tier 6

CA Tier 4  vs  CA Tier 5

DD Tier 5  vs DD Tier 4

The script only see 6, 5, 5, 5 & 4. They try to equal this number to random ship class.

It's cursed if you get this kind of matchmaking.

BB Tier 7  vs  BB Tier 5

BB Tier 7  vs  BB Tier 5

CA Tier 6  vs  CA Tier 6

CA Tier 6  vs  CA Tier 6

DD Tier 5  vs DD Tier 7

DD Tier 5  vs DD Tier 7

But either this, or the matchmaking to find Random Battle that give exact result as we get with Co-Op Battle which will produce a damn very long queue wait time.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The very simple rule of WG MM is that the highest MM weighting in the Division will be used for placing the division into a battle.

In WoT this explains why you'll see a "tier IV" division with a LT in it, in tier 7 matches, in WoWS it's why Wyoming will see Tier 6 when divisioned with a Nikolai etc.

Edited by dead_man_walking