Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yob80

Gun Fire Control System Mod 1 question...

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Ok i am at the Pepsicola currently, and have mainly run my american cruisers as AA machines with the AA Guns Mod 2 (20% increase of AA range), but im thinking about swapping out to the improved accuracy of the gun fire control system upgrade.  My issue is, it lists nothing on what or how much difference it actually makes.  Does any one know?? how much of a change to dispersion is it? 10% 20%??? its like the only modification without any kind of useful information in the tool tip.

I need to know if its worth having over boosting my AA range out to 7.5klms (with captain skills), as if its only a small difference, I probably wont.

Super Tester
334 posts
5,375 battles

I think the gun fire control system reduces dispersion  around 10%. My Nurnberg stock dispersion is 143m at max range(16km). After I bought the upgrade, it reduced to 134m.

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

So it does actually update the listed gun stats after mounting? Ok then i might stick it on and see what it does.  I didnt think those upgrades reflected in the ship stats yet.

55 posts
3,922 battles

Apparently it reduces main battery dispersion by 7%.  

No, you won't see a change in the gun metrics in-dock.  I fitted it to my Pensacola and the dispersion stat was 141m before and after upgrade.

Re the debate about using this vs the AA modification, see here: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10486-upgrades-aa-range-or-main-gun-accuracy/

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Might stick with my AA upgrade i think, 7% to something with lowish dispersion (i dont have trouble hitting things already, was just hoping for more) vs downing about 10-15 aircraft every battle with a CV in it.  Or in pure numbers a 20% boost to something or only a 7% boost.  At the penscis dispersion distance its only a 10m improvement if it is a 7% boost. drops from 140m down to 130m.

Ill stick to what its good at, AA all the way. 

Sign in to follow this