Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Ognevoy back turret HP are too low

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i lost count how many times i lost my obnevoy back turret with just one HE salvo. its so frustrating since i immediately lost 50% of my fire power.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

now i lost both turret on this game. back turret after two HE shell and front turret few sec later. last time this happened to me was with mutsuki, but that dd has excellent torpedo unlike this russian dd with 4km torpeo with surface detection of 7.5km. wow just wow.

sVQcjKQ.jpg 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

now i lost both turret on this game. back turret after two HE shell and front turret few sec later. last time this happened to me was with mutsuki, but that dd has excellent torpedo unlike this russian dd with 4km torpeo with surface detection of 7.5km. wow just wow.

sVQcjKQ.jpg 

Actually, all turrets shares same amount of hitpoints, amour rating, etc. Not just the rear one.

Imo, the turrets are too big and hitpoints are low.

Both USN Twin 12.7 and USSR Twin 130 have a HP pool of 1500 hitpoints, but USN Twin 12.7 has a better amour plate, which may stand a chance from being destroyed and get disabled only.

For me, I think USSR should have a tiny adjustment for a better gun survivability with ship mobility or tune up the concealment rate.

^ still exploring, haven't get the Khabarovsk yet.

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Actually, all turrets shares same amount of hitpoints, amour rating, etc. Even on higher Tiers

Imo, the turrets are too big and hitpoints are low.

Both USN Twin 12.7 and USSR Twin 130 have a HP pool of 1500 hitpoints, but USN Twin 12.7 has a better amour plate, which may stand a chance from being destroyed and get disabled only.

For me, I think USSR should have a tiny adjustment for a better gun survivability with ship mobility or tune up the concealment rate.

^ still exploring, haven't get the Khabarovsk yet.

yeah, they are way too big. i only lost 1 out of 4 turret of my gnevny but that happen only few times, but this ship lost its turret too often. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Dear yansuki

Thankyou for making this topic because i have the same problems as you !! (Thinking about posting yesterday but too many work lol)

As you grind up to tier 7-9 this problems juz escalating, let's say.. since you have 2 big fat turrets in front of your ship those turrets will often got blow of with single salvo !! thats right my friend BOOOM!! 4 of your cute Russian turrets juz disappear and you have only rear turret left :D:D:D

And when you in higher tier battle Cruiser will juz only have better and better HE that can easily destroy your tiny turrets with no problems at all.

I only played Udaloi  for 8 games and i can proudly say that i always finish the battles with one or two turrets destroy (i even once finish with no guns left lol)

So as a fellow Russian DD player my advise is to not getting your self in the tricky situation (exp. engage multiple DD or CA alone), and ALWAYS USING SMOKE !!, worry about have no smoke left when the battle last long ? i rather have my turrets left !! not getting swamp by HE is the key!!

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

their turret armor are worst than usn DD . back in cbt i rarely lost my turret to HE shell hell even my higher tier IJN dd rarely lost their turret too. but unlike USN with higher concealment and better torpedo, RUSSIAN dd only has it gun. without them they are completely useless.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

their turret armor are worst than usn DD . back in cbt i rarely lost my turret to HE shell hell even my higher tier IJN dd rarely lost their turret too. but unlike USN with higher concealment and better torpedo, RUSSIAN dd only has it gun. without them they are completely useless.

I understand your point since i'm Destroyer player (Mainly USN but juz move to RU lol) 

So far as i can recall, I heard that IJN get 20mm turret of armor in DD while Russian got only 13mm with bigger profile, more over IJN HE shell deal more damage to compensate the slow rate of fire so IJN actually pretty good in gun fight in the hand of expert it should be able to out gun any DD.

And about torpedoes i cannot say much about it since everyone hate the short range torpedoes (yes longer is better concept), but i gotta say Russian torpedoes have their own advantage (even their have very short rage + low damage because they use the vodka instead of warhead lol) 

Their Torpedoes speed are quite good, 70 Knot for Kiev stock tubes baby !! and you have 10 of them !! if you able to close within 4km range there a high possibility that you going to score hits and for that kind of speedy torpedoes you don't even have to lead your target, its basic as point and click :D:D:D 

But to be effective as a torpedoes boat role in Russian DD you really need to use the terrain (and if you get the "Ocean" map good luck lol) which it cannot be useful every times so i never depends on torpedoes. 

All and all i agree that, Without gun Russian Destroyer are completely useless.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

they are only useful at melee combat against dd. their major advantage were at lower tier, with low reload time i manage to sink 6 ship with my tier 2 russian dd using guns and torps. but at higher tier, its more likely that bb will blasted you first before you will able to blast them with torps. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

they are only useful at melee combat against dd. their major advantage were at lower tier, with low reload time i manage to sink 6 ship with my tier 2 russian dd using guns and torps. but at higher tier, its more likely that bb will blasted you first before you will able to blast them with torps. 

Things will be easier for you when you got the 8km tube in Tashkent anyways i rather use guns instead of torps :D:D:D

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

nah i won't go pass kiev. their rudder shift and turn circle just get worst as i got higher and higher. 

In that case it up to your decision, But i going to say that rudder shift and turn circle doesn't seem to be the big problems to me, Mainly is the turret durability :D:D:D

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

nah i won't go pass kiev. their rudder shift and turn circle just get worst as i got higher and higher. 

Indeed the rudder shift kinda suck but you will get used to it by keep playing the SN DD.

The worse thing on Tier 8 is it has a highest Spotting range :(

^except Tier X cuz that tier has a better firing range

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

nope, they have worst turning circle than USN DD. rudder shift can be solve but i really hate that poor turning circle. what i hate too is i have to train my captain every time i have to buy new ship. its also means i have fewer smoke and most of all, no situation awareness, it means usn and ijn dd can stalk me. 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

nope, they have worst turning circle than USN DD. rudder shift can be solve but i really hate that poor turning circle. what i hate too is i have to train my captain every time i have to buy new ship. its also means i have fewer smoke and most of all, no situation awareness, it means usn and ijn dd can stalk me. 

I mean rudder shift time, not the turning radius

shift time is the time needed to shift from left to right...

atleast USN got a faster shifting time.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I mean rudder shift time, not the turning radius

shift time is the time needed to shift from left to right...

atleast USN got a faster shifting time.

oh i see, yeah usn has faster rudder shift time and i use better upgrade like acceleration module to i can go faster in less time. on russian dd i can't do that. they have really bad rudder-shift so i have to get the rudder-shift upgrade. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

JUST HOW THE $%^&* i got my guns destroyed by 1 salvo? that cruiser manage to take out all my guns by firing 4 shell and hitting me at the back? so much B.S!

BLdZuoA.png

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

wow, even secondary guns of lexington can take out ognevoi gun. its just how unbelievably brittle this DD guns are, despite its higher armor compare to other dd at the same tier according to its description.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

wow, even secondary guns of lexington can take out ognevoi gun. its just how unbelievably brittle this DD guns are, despite its higher armor compare to other dd at the same tier according to its description.

As i told you as far a i know IJN turret have 20mm of armor while USSR got 13mm so 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i check and compared them. russian tier 6 has better armor than other tier 6 DD

russian DD armor

gzE0yg0.png

IJN tier 6 and 7 dd armor

quHAVV2.png

s6qjUog.png

USN tier 6 DD

URIdoTB.png

Yes Russian got better hull armor but the turrets is the worst 13mm all around (cannot confirm since its a out source information but i think is possible) combine with the bigest hit box of any DD in that tier, thats why you have encounter manys turrets distroy.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Sign in to follow this