Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JambalayaJim

Northern Lighs map

13 comments in this topic

6 posts
3,206 battles

I've been getting this map all day & I had to know..

Is everyone else completely fed up with this map as much as I am? It's so amazingly stale for me. Every single match is just people doing loops of the base shooting at the opposite team doing exactly the same thing. & the second you try to get a flank or something you're suddenly the front line & you're killed instantly.

It just doesn't feel like a map that has any thought put into cruisers in my opinion. I'm lucky to get ten target hits in a match because I can't get anywhere near in range.

Or if other people aren't having these issues in the map what would you suggest for a Pensacola Captain to do?

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I've been getting this map all day & I had to know..

Is everyone else completely fed up with this map as much as I am? It's so amazingly stale for me. Every single match is just people doing loops of the base shooting at the opposite team doing exactly the same thing. & the second you try to get a flank or something you're suddenly the front line & you're killed instantly.

It just doesn't feel like a map that has any thought put into cruisers in my opinion. I'm lucky to get ten target hits in a match because I can't get anywhere near in range.

Or if other people aren't having these issues in the map what would you suggest for a Pensacola Captain to do?

It's the exact same layout as the North map, and it's a difficult map to gain any traction in offense. Unless your team managed to put up a fleet and thrust from flag A. Or you finally killed all the torp spam ships at C and managed to breakthrough to there and the enemy fleet is too far away from C.

Super Tester
509 posts

Yeah North isn't the best map and seems kinda lazy releasing it as a "new" map when its just a reskin showing off the pretty colours.

Kinda like MWO and them releasing River City then River City Night which is the same map but at night =P

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

>first night map

>only change the sky colour of north map

>WOW

>just wow.

You complain about that and not the lack of flair to illuminate the sky?

Theoretically, it can be good to implement night mode on existing maps. But the night mode needs to actually be night mode instead of the Northern Light. Look at Battlefield 4 night mode maps.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

You complain about that and not the lack of flair to illuminate the sky?

Theoretically, it can be good to implement night mode on existing maps. But the night mode needs to actually be night mode instead of the Northern Light. Look at Battlefield 4 night mode maps.

i complain because it doesn't change game mechanic at all. they just change the lighting of the map and change the fancy looking norther lights but  not adding stuff like using searchlight and flares to light up the surrounding to spot the enemy. 

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

i complain because it doesn't change game mechanic at all. they just change the lighting of the map and change the fancy looking norther lights but  not adding stuff like using searchlight and flares to light up the surrounding to spot the enemy. 

Fair enough. I thought it was cheesy too.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I think their just experimental the night mode some how and they don't want to build all new map just to test night lighitng so they use map that already exist to get the feed back .... so they make MM to put player in new map more often then just back to normal MM later on ...

my opinoin in this map is .... WTH ... nothern light but it so bright .... too bright it almost just like they change the orange light from the sun to blue light ... but forgot to adjust in intensity of light ....
and it only visual change .... it just early stage I understand ...

but i think in future they should change mechanic too ... like the ship are harder to detect but easier to get detected when fireing the gun etc....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

yeah true

if they going to have a night map etc

then they need to change spotting range etc and how long they stay spotted 

if ship on fire then it stays spotted longer as well.

so a lot of work needs to be done to have a night battle.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

If Ur getting the same map all the time log out and log back in.

And no, not fed up with a new map. Grateful would be a better description.

Sign in to follow this