Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bukey

Can I ask for a list of the servers

9 comments in this topic

95 posts
1,563 battles

Hello, I would like to get in touch with an admin or a mod. My in game name is bukey and I'm building some thing for the game I would like to have a list of servers currently I know the client from Asia only allows the WOWS ASIA server so I like to know the other servers as well so I can put them in the scrip I'm building.

95 posts
1,563 battles

To be honest I'm repacking the game as a full release to put up here and I'm trying to add those servers to to the list so the person who downloads the game have the servers available.

So according to you if I put WOWS NA will it go through to the NA server ??

Edited by Bukey

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

To be honest I'm repacking the game as a full release to put up here and I'm trying to add those servers to to the list so the person who downloads the game have the servers available.

So according to you if I put WOWS NA will it go through to the NA server ??

well, you are playing with the server conig files

well it's just server changer mod that you'll have all servers

Patch difference can cause problems sometimes, the patch and client version's update will be determined from the original server that you downloaded, such as, if you download the client from asia, the update will follow with asia

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I play on Asia and NA. I've found it best to have a separate client install from the appropriate server for each. I had performance issues when I used a server changer mod.

95 posts
1,563 battles

Yes agreed I think this line in the launcher cfg file determines which server to connect to check for updates.

<patch_info_urls>
        <item>http://update.worldofwarships.asia</item>
    </patch_info_urls>

If I can replace that with other servers ex. http://update.worldofwarships.eu this might go to check updates from that server but I think I might have to do different version according to the country but that's not a big deal once I get the main thing right.

P.S: No I'm not gonna apply any mods to this it'll be clean and will have different downloads according to the country mods brake the game at times so better to keep it clean.

Edited by Bukey

95 posts
1,563 battles

Yep, that's why I asked for some help from them so I can get it right hope they see this and help.

And thank you for your reply's guys

Edited by Bukey

Sign in to follow this