You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RG_Kid

Have your performance been affected by the so called AP shell bug?

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I'm pretty surprised that no one talked about it here since it's basically a daily mention on the WOWS subreddit.

So what do you guys think about it? I haven't played BB as much as i used to so i can't comment on this AP bug. But how does it affect your in game performance if you notice any?

EDIT:

Pre-emptive action for people calling me bananas

One of WG staff chimed in the EU forum and mentions they are trying to recreate the problem.

Edited by RG_Kid

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

its not affecting on me much

im using fuso and imperator niklai I and i do have lower chance to get cidatel, but the total damage that i can get is not changing much.

well, for heavy cruisers like furutaka and others, maybe this little change is forcing them to use HE only

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I'm having trouble getting citadels hits in my Japanese tier 8 Battleship low tier American BBs seem to be ok but in the tier 8 haven't had a citadel at all facing cruisers.

so something has to be wrong here. 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I'm pretty surprised that no one talked about it here since it's basically a daily mention on the WOWS subreddit.

So what do you guys think about it? I haven't played BB as much as i used to so i can't comment on this AP bug. But how does it affect your in game performance if you notice any?

EDIT:

Pre-emptive action for people calling me bananas

One of WG staff chimed in the EU forum and mentions they are trying to recreate the problem.

Issues are being looking forward, so we shall know soon.

Edited by davud1537

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

And the drop in citadels in my dirpitz. Although they did mention somewhere about an Ap nerf when firing over 20kms, and recommended to use HE. We not talking about that though, right?.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

And the drop in citadels in my dirpitz. Although they did mention somewhere about an Ap nerf when firing over 20kms, and recommended to use HE. We not talking about that though, right?.

Really ? I mean atm Battleship are kind of under power (since they tend to get rekt by everythings lol) and WG decided to nerf the AP !!

Time for me to sell all the BB and start playing CA :D:D:D 

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

We are currently collecting data, as in solid statistical data. Thank you.

As of present, I cannot comment until I have more information.

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,801 battles

hmm, not only ap but he as well, experienced burning even though only 1 shell hit, 1 freaging HE shell from a cruiser, either shells themselves have gasoline on them or mechanics still broken,

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

hmm, not only ap but he as well, experienced burning even though only 1 shell hit, 1 freaging HE shell from a cruiser, either shells themselves have gasoline on them or mechanics still broken,

I had no idea what are you talking about ,this thread is about AP shells not dealing any Citadel after the patch and it is being confirmed on several twitchers and other servers all well!

Right now we are collecting data but as Conana already said Data is not fully collected yet, we can't give any information's out!

Edited by davud1537

406 posts
6,279 battles

We are currently collecting data, as in solid statistical data. Thank you.

As of present, I cannot comment until I have more information.

Just remember - that before the patch, I was hitting 100% citadels.

If you could re-instate to how it was before the patch, that would be nice....

:trollface:

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Conana is not the fully Developer so you can't just ask him to full re-instate the Citadel until more data is being collected throughout then WG will decide it!

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

of course I could access the older patches, and as everyone said, we are collecting data

and you can't get 100% citadels

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Latest update: tl;dr AP damage issue will be patched within the next few days. No rollback to previous model planned.

[quote name=

Roll back to the model of damages 0.5.0 is not planned. Today, we have considered this option, however, as I have already explained, the internal ricochet error needed to be corrected anyway. So roll back to the old model, and then re-implementing changes in the new model doesn't seem to be the best solution. We believe that this kind of back-and-forth will bring even more negativity.

On the other hand, today's studio tests and checks showed that internal bounce may not be the only reason for the fall of the number of penetrations of the citadel. We already have several hypotheses about what other scenario could change after the upgrade. Unfortunately, we hardly have time to finally deal with it today, but will make every effort to solve the problem for the next few days. This is the priority issue 0.5.1 update.

The idea of collecting statistical data for the whole month is not even on the table. We will get the necessary data ourselves, when we finish our checks. At the moment, it is not a question of fine-balancing of some individual ships (these things really require us to gather statistics for a long time), but the likelihood of possible errors in mechanics, which cause damage to the citadel to occur less often than intended.

To summarize, we will check things, prepare an adequate solution and will share the details with you. And we'll be able to play peacefully at last.

On behalf of the entire team, allow us to sincerely thank you for quickly letting us know about this problem and its extent

406 posts
6,279 battles

of course I could access the older patches, and as everyone said, we are collecting data

and you can't get 100% citadels

The joke....

You missed it....

Edit - actually since there are a lot of non-native English speakers, that's probably a bit harsh. The joke was that I was suggesting that the devs make it so that after they fix it - I can get 100% citadels (which of course you can't get, and would turn my BB into a completely unstoppable OP Force).

Edited by TheDemonLord666

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Latest update: tl;dr AP damage issue will be patched within the next few days. No rollback to previous model planned.

In b4 AP shells now do fantastic damge to cruiser again. Cruiser high tier players now lament the lack of end game in cruiser tech tree due to the meta balance shifting to capital ships in high tier matches.