You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Clear Skies achievement not working?

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Not sure if they made changes to the achievement, but as the medals section says for "30 aircraft shot down by AA or fighters"

I've had at least 2 games by memory where I fulfilled this criteria (using surface ships and CV's) and didn't get any awards for this..

http://i67.tinypic.com/2guy68g.png[/img]

Also sidenote, can anyone recommend image hosting (direct to show images on forums) sites as my go to site tinypic has repeatedly come up with the error message saying this image extension is not allowed :(

Edited by Blitzkreig95

406 posts
6,287 battles

Not just you, i had the same problem kill 30 planes did not get the achivement but when i kill 36+ planes i earned the achivement so this must be a bug i guess?

I think it might be when using a ship launched fighter - I suspect these aren't counting towards the total tally:

IE your fighter shot down a 3-4 planes, which meant your ship shot down 26-27 planes (less than 30).

Of course - I could be talking rubbish

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I think it might be when using a ship launched fighter - I suspect these aren't counting towards the total tally:

IE your fighter shot down a 3-4 planes, which meant your ship shot down 26-27 planes (less than 30).

Of course - I could be talking rubbish

There a Icon on your Top Right screen it show how much planes you shot down and OFC i had no idea what are you even talking? And right now we are talking about Carrier Fighters or any Anti-Aircraft Cruiser aka Cheatland.

Edited by davud1537

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

Not sure if they made changes to the achievement, but as the medals section says for "30 aircraft shot down by AA or fighters"

I've had at least 2 games by memory where I fulfilled this criteria (using surface ships and CV's) and didn't get any awards for this..

http://i67.tinypic.com/2guy68g.png[/img]

Also sidenote, can anyone recommend image hosting (direct to show images on forums) sites as my go to site tinypic has repeatedly come up with the error message saying this image extension is not allowed :(

IIRC, you have to have the planes set as the primary target for your AAA (the Ctrl+Click thing) for them to count towards Clear Skies.
Edited by Echo_8_ERA

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

What are you even talking dood??? We are talking about Carrier Fighters and OFC the Anti-Air Cruisers btw i am sure he know how to shoot down a plane with it by the way looking the amt of his post compare to yours!

What are you referring to Davud? Echo provided the correct answer and you go off half cocked!!

For Clear Skies to work, you use either CV Fighters or CTRL+Click on the inbound aircraft to designate, AI and ship fighter scouts do no count to the achievement.

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

(edited)

Apparently the OP, since he was asking why his Colorado didn't get the Clear Skies achievement. Plus, knowing that designating a squadron to increase AA effectiveness is different from knowing that you need to designate a squadron for kills to count towards the achievement.

Quote Updated 

~lengxv6

As for CVs not getting it at exactly 30, my Independence's DBs/TBs have a habit of chewing up Ryuujou's fighters as well as floatplane fighters, and I'm pretty sure their kills don't count towards Clear Skies either.

Edited by lengxv6

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

(Edited)

maybe not all those planes are killed by your fighter. same thing happens to me, i killed more than 40 planes to get clear sky achievement, some planes i shutdown are planes killed by by bomber rear gunner or my cv aa.

Quote Updated

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Apparently the OP, since he was asking why his Colorado didn't get the Clear Skies achievement. Plus, knowing that designating a squadron to increase AA effectiveness is different from knowing that you need to designate a squadron for kills to count towards the achievement.

As for CVs not getting it at exactly 30, my Independence's DBs/TBs have a habit of chewing up Ryuujou's fighters as well as floatplane fighters, and I'm pretty sure their kills don't count towards Clear Skies either.

I am sure the Clear Skies Achivement award can be unlocked on CV, BB and CL/CA but the problem is before this patch i use my Cheatland, Omaha, New Mexico, Colorado, Langely and Bogue shot down 30 planes will straghit away get the Clear Skies Achivement award but after the patch when i shoot down 30 planes no such reward given until one day my Bogue shot down 36+planes and it said Clear Skies on there. Also Killing Float planes, Spotter planes or Cruisers Fighters do count to the Clear Skies!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

OK some digging has been done ;)

CBT/OBT Clear Skies "destroy at least 30 enemy aircraft in one battle"

NOW: Clear Skies "destroy at least 30 enemy aircraft in one battle using fighters or by setting enemy aircraft as priority targets for AA armament."

So yes @Blitz the achievement has been changed.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

:great:Yup, he right simply need to just prioritise your AA guns on a Cruisers when you shoot down a plane that mean all 30 planes must

be shoot down by press the ctrl to lock the planes and for carrier we will need to use fighter planes to shoot down exactly  30 planes

takes notes that rear gunners from TB and DB don't count. So to those who had been getting lots of Clear Skies Achievement Award

before this changes good luck to ya all now cause you all need to work double to get it now hehe.

Edited by davud1537

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Bugger, that game in the Colorado was purely my own AA shooting down this persistent Ryujos attacks, I did designate most of the attackers (the TB's and DB's) but simply left it to the ship AI for fighters and lone squadrons... :(

Also any feedback for direct image extensions allowed?

Alpha Tester
982 posts

:great:Yup, he right simply need to just prioritise your AA guns on a Cruisers when you shoot down a plane that mean all 30 planes must

be shoot down by press the ctrl to lock the planes and for carrier we will need to use fighter planes to shoot down exactly  30 planes

takes notes that rear gunners from TB and DB don't count. So to those who had been getting lots of Clear Skies Achievement Award

before this changes good luck to ya all now cause you all need to work double to get it now hehe.

The bigger question, not asked, is why would anyone bother to stop shooting at enemy ships to press "CTL --> click enemy squadron" time and time and time and time and time and time again to get such a low value achievement. If you take all that time spent on selecting AA targets and use it on targeting enemy ships you'll get a much bigger return on your score.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

but simply left it to the ship AI for fighters and lone squadrons 

[ This explains why you won't get the Clear Sky Achievement Award cause you need to prioritise your AA by press the ctrl to lock the planes

to shoot down exactly 30 planes down, that mean all 30 planes down must be shot down by ctrl lock not from any ship AI Automatically fire system.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

The bigger question, not asked, is why would anyone bother to stop shooting at enemy ships to press "CTL --> click enemy squadron" time and time and time and time and time and time again to get such a low value achievement. If you take all that time spent on selecting AA targets and use it on targeting enemy ships you'll get a much bigger return on your score.

i do it all the time, every time a planes enter my AA range i CTLR+LMB them specially with my pensacola 7km AA umbrella, i did it to help my allies and get some free exp as well. 12sec colldown on 203mm, its not that hard to find opportunity to look around and do extra stuff wile its reloading. also make sure those TB won't target me, i learn in the past where i got tunnel vision and get rekt by cv torpedo planes on my USN ca. so yeah i don't want that to happened again. 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

i do it all the time, every time a planes enter my AA range i CTLR+LMB them specially with my pensacola 7km AA umbrella, i did it to help my allies and get some free exp as well. 12sec colldown on 203mm, its not that hard to find opportunity to look around and do extra stuff wile its reloading. also make sure those TB won't target me, i learn in the past where i got tunnel vision and get rekt by cv torpedo planes on my USN ca. so yeah i don't want that to happened again. 

I play zoomed in binocular view most of the time. By the time I zoom back, select planes and zoom back to my gun target I've wasted a lot of shooting time. That's the reason for my previous post. Unless there is a quick "in and out" shortcut I am unaware of I guess this achievement will be beyond my play style.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I play zoomed in binocular view most of the time. By the time I zoom back, select planes and zoom back to my gun target I've wasted a lot of shooting time. That's the reason for my previous post. Unless there is a quick "in and out" shortcut I am unaware of I guess this achievement will be beyond my play style.

shift key

Alpha Tester
982 posts

shift key

That's it?

OMG :hiding: I hope nobody saw my post...............

Thanks mate! :). You learn something new every day.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

That's it?

OMG :hiding: I hope nobody saw my post...............

Thanks mate! :). You learn something new every day.

Sorry my shift key was sprinting only but could we sprint the sheeps?? hmmmmmmmm:sceptic: